Official 2021 Boxing Thread: 11/6 - Canelo Alvarez vs. Caleb Plant SHO PPV

Well some think he should've told Wilder to not bulk up to 238 lbs which hurt his gas tank, so far Wilder seems to have been better in the 215 lb range

I am not reading everything but are people upset with Malik Scott? Why? I don't think there was much more he could've done.

Well some think he should've told Wilder to not bulk up to 238 lbs which hurt his gas tank, so far Wilder seems to have been better in the 215 lb range
Someone argued it had no effect on him. Adding 15 to 20 pounds muscle to your body can have adverse effects in a performance and cardio driven sport like boxing. His body probably gassed and it probably led to his arms being down later in the fight. I’m not saying you can’t have muscles like a AJ, Tyson, Bowe, Foreman, Holyfield, etc.

Why did he do it? To probably avoid Fury backing him down like the second fight, increase his power and try to mitigate the tax holding Fury when he clinched/lean on him.

They did not address the clinch/lean tactic. Fury continued to use it in the third fight. We all laughed at the number of stops yelled constantly by the ref last night. I’m surprised no one said to do the same tactic back.

And there was nothing that could be done by what we learned in the first fight. Tyson is a better boxer. Traps, feints, jabs, foot work, etc. Yeah, Wilder knocked him down a total of four times in the trilogy. But the power wasn’t going to be the great equalizer against a superior boxer (and a good chin).

If anything, the only benefit gained by switching trainers/coach is no one was liable to throw in the towel. Outcome was always going to be the same.

:rofl:
This still makes me laugh from the 2nd fight
9f4.jpeg

I’ve seen it argued that Wilder came out way too aggressive which lead to him gassing, but IMO an early KO was Wilder’s only chance so I don’t put that on Scott.

Fury was always going to win a war of attrition.
HW’s going the distance is a thing of the past for the most part as a whole. Don’t see why people would be upset

This is the craziest part of the whole scenario.

Wilder and crew thought they were getting an easy pay day.

What they didn’t know was through the savior, Jesus pulled this man from a horrible addiction, defeat morbid obesity and reverse the time on a ring lay off. It’s actually an inspiring story. The talent was there. But sometimes it’s difficult to conquer our demons.

We being real fury won all 3 fights 🤷🏽‍♂️
Now, can we finally move on? Let’s unify the HW titles under the lineal champion.

Has anyone seen info on when they plan to air the replay yet?

It used to be the following weekend after the PPV but I see nothing in my channel guide thus far.

i think it depends on whose PPV it was, Showtime PPV usually airs it the next weekend, not sure if they do the same with other channels like if its DAZN or Fox

Your statement is truly a compliment to Wilder.

A HOF & much more complete boxer (Lewis) would have lasted 1.5 rounds longer than Wilder who was pretty much relying on one shot to put down Fury.
Man I reread his post a couple times lol. Lewis was a real version of Joshua :lol: there really is no other comparison

This has to be just a UK thing right?

there’s no way you can justify $99 a year plus PPV’s with the US’s current lineup.

By cherry picking Wilder changed Fury’s whole life back around and Fury said that too I remember leading up to the 2nd fight. He literally said he will forever give Wilder gratitude for giving him a chance. Crazy how life works.

Wilder made the wrong decision :lol:

By cherry picking Wilder changed Fury’s whole life back around and Fury said that too I remember leading up to the 2nd fight. He literally said he will forever give Wilder gratitude for giving him a chance. Crazy how life works.

Wilder made the wrong decision :lol:
Trying to protect that “0” they thought they were getting over. He gave them a draw too, shoulda pulled a Lennox Lewis & retired.

This is also what happens when all the top guys fight each other.

Trying to protect that “0” they thought they were getting over. He gave them a draw too, shoulda pulled a Lennox Lewis & retired.

This is also what happens when all the top guys fight each other.

I think this is what happens when the top guys DONT fight each other. We just saw another career pretty much ended the same way with Jrock. After he beat hurd, He and his team decided to take a "homecoming" fight vs rosario Instead of going straight into a big money unification fight with charlo. Now look.

All of the picking and choosing and letting fights marinate bull**** gets these dudes in situations that could've been avoided.

The cherry picking changed AJ's path too bc he would have never faced Ruiz. The Ruiz fight only happened bc AJ and Wilder couldn't make it happen.

Still think AJ - Wilder would do massive numbers down the road provided neither of them don't start taking L's. But yeah, they could have been locked up at least 2 fights by now while Fury, Ruiz, and everybody else waited on them.

We're seeing the same with Bud and Spence right now. Two dudes just dancing around each other. Smh

it doesn’t necessarily “make sense” in terms of boxing politics currently, but stylistically, i wanna see fury and frank sanchez next.

was VERY impressed with sanchez this past Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom