OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Clemson team that lost to LSU last year is way better than the Nebraska team that lost to Miami in 2001. That Nebraska team shouldn’t have even been in the championship game.

That's a really good point. That 01 Miami team gets hyped up as an all-time great because of they're all time great talent on the roster and how badly they beat Nebraska. People fail to mention that that Nebraska team really didn't deserve to be there and if you look at their schedule, they played some close games against some very ordinary Big East teams.

01 Miami is probably the greatest collection of talent in college football history, but I can remember some better teams that played better together. 19 LSU and 20 Bama both only had one game within a touchdown all season

Lowkey, USC’s 2003-2004 team may be top 15 ever too. Take away Aaron Rodgers and 3 OTs and we’re probably talking about them as the greatest ever.

Here’s a conversation that hasn’t been had on here:

Who are the best college football teams to NOT win a national championship?

I submit 2005 and 2008 USC, 2002 UM, 2008 Oklahoma, and 2011 LSU for consideration.

I can’t speak on the 90s teams because I was too young to pay attention back then.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
That's a really good point. That 01 Miami team gets hyped up as an all-time great because of they're all time great talent on the roster and how badly they beat Nebraska. People fail to mention that that Nebraska team really didn't deserve to be there and if you look at their schedule, they played some close games against some very ordinary Big East teams.

01 Miami is probably the greatest collection of talent in college football history, but I can remember some better teams that played better together. 19 LSU and 20 Bama both only had one game within a touchdown all season
I’ve actually heard the argument 2000 Miami was the better in-season team, but that 2001 team only really played 1 tough game and maybe a couple more were close early. We shouldn’t overstate the resistance they faced. They steamrolled most teams.

*checks record*

2001 Miami also only had 1 game end within a touchdown all season :lol:

I’ve actually heard the argument 2000 Miami was the better in-season team, but that 2001 team only really played 1 tough game and maybe a couple more were close early. We shouldn’t overstate the resistance they faced. They steamrolled most teams.

*checks record*

2001 Miami also only had 1 game end within a touchdown all season :lol:

i just remember those miami teams being an overwhelming force.. and thinking if they had a better coach, good gawd the things they woulda done

like they didnt need to do anything creative or be THAT well coached to be THAT dominate because the talent level was just so overwhelming

and looking back it makes sense given what we now know about those coaches.. and what those guys went on to do in the league

that's why i say that nebraska national championship was the mesh point cause it felt like a D1 team going against a high school team or something

Lowkey, USC’s 2003-2004 team may be top 15 ever too. Take away Aaron Rodgers and 3 OTs and we’re probably talking about them as the greatest ever.

Here’s a conversation that hasn’t been had on here:

Who are the best college football teams to NOT win a national championship?

I submit 2005 and 2008 USC, 2002 UM, 2008 Oklahoma, and 2011 LSU for consideration.

I can’t speak on the 90s teams because I was too young to pay attention back then.

Good call on 2011 LSU. That truly is one of the more underrated teams ever. Before the national title game I remember people were calling them "one of the most deserving" champions ever because they played one of the toughest schedules in history. They played eight ranked teams and four top 10 teams.

Of course nobody remembers because they got blanked in the Natty. That was one of the worst national championship games ever. At least some other recent blowouts were high scoring, that game was a low scoring bore fest. The moment Alabama went up 14-0 I turned the game off.

Now the season is over, can we take some time to revisit some of the outrageous COVID takes from before the season started? I distinctly remember some of the guys in this thread forecasting numerous player hospitalizations and deaths.

82D8466D-222C-4A0F-985A-27E092ACCFAD.jpeg

What about best teams to never win it? I swear that 2015 Buckeye team was one of the most talent loaded teams I’ve seen them field but had so much BS behind the scenes they couldn’t get it done :smh:

Miami team that lost to OSU in the title game has to be the best not to win it right?

What about best teams to never win it? I swear that 2015 Buckeye team was one of the most talent loaded teams I’ve seen them field but had so much BS behind the scenes they couldn’t get it done :smh:

Miami team that lost to OSU in the title game has to be the best not to win it right?

2002 miami hurricanes
2000 miami hurricanes
2005 USC

I mean we held what was at the time the greatest offense of all time to 14 points. Do better next time.

As for 08 USC 🤣
That 08 USC team was Pete Carroll’s best defense and their O was nuts every game but one. They held 7 of their 12 opponents to one score and beat their opponents by a combined 488 to 117 including blowing out #5 Ohio State 38-3. USC fans widely consider them the one that got away and probably Pete’s best team. Even that 2009 Rose Bowl against B1G champ Penn State was a joke. They dog walked PSU and yanked starters at halftime when the score was 38-7 and Sanchez had 400 yards and 4 TDs.

They finished the season with #1 overall votes despite not playing in the championship game.

If you’re 🤣 2008 USC being one of the best teams to never win a championship then you have no idea what you’re talking about. Not surprising, but anyway... :rolleyes

I’m talking about this year. You said you were Bama’s best comp after giving 50+ up to them AND then giving up 50+ to Oklahoma two weeks later. But you knew exactly what I was talking about.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom