OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
what group was it?
These are apparently the posted conference guidelines. So safe bet would probably be one of these positions.

Published conference thresholds are:

53 total players available (including walkons)

7 offensive linemen
4 defensive linemen
1 quarterback

no mention of any other minimums for positions

He's Johnny Manziel except Tate peaked in high school. I wonder if he's going to transfer.
He was the 4th string QB, behind a true frosh. I’d imagine that he transfers if he actually wants to play football. FCS is probably a better level for him tbh.

He was the 4th string QB, behind a true frosh. I’d imagine that he transfers if he actually wants to play football. FCS is probably a better level for him tbh.
He didn't't have it in his make up to play G5. He's prob not going FCS.

I'm convinced that 1/5 blue chip QBs is overrated.

The percentage is much higher than that, closer to 40%. 247 and rivals have done retrospectives front 5-star QB's in the past and a lot more of these guys are busts then you might think.

The percentage is much higher than that, closer to 40%. 247 and rivals have done retrospectives front 5-star QB's in the past and a lot more of these guys are busts then you might think.
I think I had it backwards and meant to say 2/5 live up to expectations :lol:

F68AAF89-3B14-49E2-AD88-A41D0987DFCB.jpeg

Ok Stillwater

I think I had it backwards and meant to say 2/5 live up to expectations :lol:

Yeah, that sounds about right. If you go on 247 and look up five star QB's over the last decade you'll see how many of these guys are complete busts. I think QB is a particularly hard position to project coming out of high school because you can't really equate for the mental aspect of things, how much help they have around them plays a huge factor and scheme fit is a huge deal for QBs.

Kellen Mond was recruited to play in a more wide open offense under Kevin Sumlin and now he's being forced to play a more pro style offense. It's a "square peg in a round hole situation."

I mean, his career may be done yet. He’s not a P5 QB. He looked out of place playing QB against Louisiana Tech.

Yeah, that sounds about right. If you go on 247 and look up five star QB's over the last decade you'll see how many of these guys are complete busts. I think QB is a particularly hard position to project coming out of high school because you can't really equate for the mental aspect of things, how much help they have around them plays a huge factor and scheme fit is a huge deal for QBs.

Kellen Mond was recruited to play in a more wide open offense under Kevin Sumlin and now he's being forced to play a more pro style offense. It's a "square peg in a round hole situation."
So many different variables to HS quarterback play it’s really tough.

I also think these college coaches tend to go out of their way to make it harder on themselves, too, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom