OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will next year. Not enough prep time. Not enough off season.

And how do we have Bucks slander? They were one of the favored teams to win the chip outside the Bron Lakers and Clips. The only thing that changed was the Kyrie and KD Present: Hipster Nets. Maybe folks got lost in the hype of the Jazz, we were upset at Yannis getting MVP twice and not proving it in the off season, etc. If anything, there aren’t as many tiers as there used to be. Seems like there’s more parity…

So will next year. Not enough prep time. Not enough off season.

And how do we have Bucks slander? They were one of the favored teams to win the chip outside the Bron Lakers and Clips. The only thing that changed was the Kyrie and KD Present: Hipster Nets. Maybe folks got lost in the hype of the Jazz, we were upset at Yannis getting MVP twice and not proving it in the off season, etc. If anything, there aren’t as many tiers as there used to be. Seems like there’s more parity…
The only thing that changed was Kyrie and harden getting hurt

Not that big a change I guess

Bucks got dragged until that little change occurred and then still had to go to overtime in game 7

Sucks that the team was built for attrition scoring to win games and relying solely on those three players.

Still doesn’t take away from the Bucks being in the top ten of odds to win the chip this year. You could look at the box score.

The way the Bucks played last night…Nets might not have beaten the Bucks…throw in the Nets having worst defense.

Take away Jrue and give Middleton only one leg and they wouldn’t be ****. That’s not a bad thing

Taking away 2/3 best players will usually do you in. But the nets almost pulled it off anyway

Take away Jrue and give Middleton only one leg and they wouldn’t be ****. That’s not a bad thing

Taking away 2/3 best players will usually do you in. But the nets almost pulled it off anyway
I mean, it is what it is. Sometimes we have a bad day. Sometimes there’s bad weather. If Giannis wins the chip, we can’t front and say he didn’t deserve it. Especially with the knee issues. Suns were pretty much favored.

I don’t want it to appear like I don’t think the Nets are a formidable team or they can’t win next year. I just think relying ONLY on those three, playing hardly any defense, their coaching (or lack of thanks to KD/Kyrie), etc leaves gaps and risks.

1626632018342.gif

I mean, it is what it is. Sometimes we have a bad day. Sometimes there’s bad weather. If Giannis wins the chip, we can’t front and say he didn’t deserve it. Especially with the knee issues. Suns were pretty much favored.

I don’t want it to appear like I don’t think the Nets are a formidable team or they can’t win next year. I just think relying ONLY on those three, playing hardly any defense, their coaching (or lack of thanks to KD/Kyrie), etc leaves gaps and risks.

Fair to say injuries attributed to Bucks barely getting past Nets. If injuries are asterisks, then that's a fair assessment

I doubt Monty would be having Mailman guard Giannis one-on-one on the perimeter bro. Besides, who can stop Giannis anyways? Nobody of course.

But Malone's presence in the paint when Giannis tries to go full steam ahead you think Mailman just gonna say Ole! whether he playing help defense or not?

Imagine Giannis on the low block tryna post up Mailman. You think Giannis can back down Malone on the block like he do Crowder?

Even in today's game, Malone would be viciously effective. He was an All Star during the high scoring fast break era of the 80s and he adapted his game in the 90s when he became an all time great during the era of all defense, low scoring games.

You ever seen Malone on a fast break running the wing with Stockton and his court vision? Bucks would been food with Stockton on the break with Malone on the right wing, Booker on the left side, and Bridges trailing with Crowder ready to spot up for the 3.

1) Why would he post him up on the block? Post up in the mid or high post turn and face then go around Malone.

2) Malone can't just sit in the paint in this era, bigs can shoot so he has to leave and that will open up driving lanes.

3) "Besides, who can stop Giannis anyways? Nobody of course."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom