OFFICIAL 2021 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - YAWNIST WITH THE CLOSEOUT 50 PIECE - BUCKS WITH FIRST CHIP SINCE ‘73 - CP0 LOSES AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam Payne before game 6
tenor.gif
This post is special. :rofl:

If MIL closes it out in game 6, where will that put CP3 in the ranks of all time great Playoff Floor Generals (point guards, point forwards all included)?

IMO he outside the top 5.

I got

Magic
Bron
Curry
Zeke
Stockton
Kidd
GP

all ahead of CP.

Side note, I watched the entire careers of everyone on this list and CP just ain't as good as the guys ahead of him when it comes to playoff impact.

If MIL closes it out in game 6, where will that put CP3 in the ranks of all time great Playoff Floor Generals (point guards, point forwards all included)?

IMO he outside the top 5.

I got

Magic
Bron
Curry
Zeke
Stockton
Kidd
GP

all ahead of CP.

Side note, I watched the entire careers of everyone on this list and CP just ain't as good as the guys ahead of him when it comes to playoff impact.

Stockton
:stoneface:

Tbqh CP3 should be better than Stockton as an all around player. CP definitely the better scorer. Defensively it's a pick em imo. But who's the stronger leader and floor general in the playoffs is the big difference maker for me.

But Stockton led his team to the Finals 2x, plus had a buzzer beater in G7 to send Utah to the Finals. CP3 only been there once, took 16 years to do it, and needed Ayton's leveling up to get there while Stockton only had Ostertag at C, CP had a 2-0 lead in the Finals and is about to blow it after narrowly escaping with series wins over an AD-less LAL, a Murray-less Den, and a Kawhi-less LAC.

Stockton > Paul no doubt, cause JS did more with less. No insurance needed lol

Tbqh CP3 should be better than Stockton as an all around player. CP definitely the better scorer. Defensively it's a pick em imo.

But Stockton led his team to the Finals 2x, plus had a buzzer beater in G7 to send Utah to the Finals. CP3 only been there once, took 16 years to do it, and needed Ayton's leveling up to get there while Stockton only had Ostertag, had a 2-0 lead in the Finals and is about to blow it after narrowly escaping with series wins over an AD-less LAL, a Murray-less Den, and a Kawhi-less LAC.

Stockton < Paul no doubt. No insurance needed lol

Stockton put up 12 and 8 in 12 finals games. Lead a team to a 54 point outing 48 minutes.

cp3 putting up 21 and 8 on 55/55 shooting while being hounded by Jrue Payton. His impact hasn’t been felt like that but he shole ain’t giving you 12 and 8 while not trying to score.

Stockton put up 12 and 8 in 12 finals games. Lead a team to a 54 point outing 48 minutes.
Against arguably the greatest defensive team of all time - the Chicago Bulls.

Put Mailman and Stockton on a team with Booker instead of Ayton and CP3 and you don't think Mailman puts Giannis on his butt every time he enters the paint? JS and Mailman and Booker against this Mil team and Jrue will have no answer for Stockton's tricks I guarantee it Lol

You dont think MJ, Pip, Harp, Rodman and Co would've done the same to these soft *** Suns?

LOL

Let's stop making excuses for CP State Farm

Against arguably the greatest defensive team of all time - the Chicago Bulls.

Put Mailman and Stockton with Book instead of Ayton and CP3 and you don't think Mailman puts Giannis on his butt every time he enters the paint? Lol

You dont think MJ, Pip, Harp, Rodman and Co would've done the same to these soft *** Suns?

LOL

Let's stop making excuses for CP State Farm

You can cross reference eras all you want. The jazz needed Stockton to score and he couldn’t. And he wouldn’t shoot.

put them baggy clothes away

You can cross reference eras all you want. The jazz needed Stockton to score and he couldn’t. And he wouldn’t shoot.

put them baggy clothes away
That's your best response?

Let's be real, this has nothing to do with baggy clothes. EYE know Stockton is better.

Leave it at that.

Jrue only got one all-star appearance. It's a lot of PG's you would name before you get to him. He can have a big game last night but we know he's inconsistent.

Inconsistent is one thing. You could say that about a lot of guys. Middleton being one of them.

But Minimizing how good he is is another thing.

My point is he doesn’t deserve the casual slander he gets. People talk about him like he’s a fringe NBA player sometimes and it’s reckless.

CP the better scorer but defensively Kidd is better imo. And again, Kidd won a ring beating the Heatles.

What did CP3 do in the biggest stage?

Kidd was a role player. A very good one but he was wayyyyyyyyy past his prime. You’re better than this. That ring he won doesn’t put him near the top 3 PGs of all time.
Nah

One more thing...

At least Stockton was healthy and available.

The Rockets needed CP3 to score and to shoot against GSW when they were up 3-2 but dude couldn't do it cause State Farm couldn't even get on the court and play.

Another reason Stockton > CP3.

I dont look at regular season success as much as y'all do.

Kidd was a role player. A very good one but he was wayyyyyyyyy past his prime. You’re better than this. That ring he won doesn’t put him near the top 3 PGs of all time.
Nah
If he was a role player with the Mavs during g that championship run, why did Kidd start?

Just FYI, the role player for the Mavs was JJ Barea.

You're better than this bro. Much better.

No excuses for CP3, remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom