OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
N41D N41D buzz on Evan Stewart possibly entering as well?
People have talked about him flipping, entering the portal, etc from the day he committed.

As far as any A&M site has reported - and they’ve all been doomsday for weeks - there’s not a ton of smoke around any of the guys that played this year right now.

It sounds like the only definitive ones right now are likely Chris Marshall and PJ Williams. Marshall because he’s been dismissed and Williams because he just got arrested for like 5oz of weed after the locker room incident.

But I’m also at a point where I don’t think anyone from any school entering the portal would surprise me.

One more note on the Rose Bowl, they still wanted to preserve a 5pm est Jan 1st date permanently. Not happening :lol:

My Colorado peeps are saying that the coach prime thing is done, no contract signed but that should happen soon. Announcement on Sunday and presser on Monday. Apparently if it falls through, Ryan Walters is the backup now. Supposedly largest assistant coach salary pool in the country.
Just thought of this…CU is a Nike school. Has been for a long time. Prime is now a heavy UA guy because of his fallout with the Swoosh. What is going to give?

Prime back with the Swoosh? Can we get some DT’s with the proper logos?

Just thought of this…CU is a Nike school. Has been for a long time. Prime is now a heavy UA guy because of his fallout with the Swoosh. What is going to give?

Prime back with the Swoosh? Can we get some DT’s with the proper logos?

Hopefully he signs with Colorado and we can find out! I don’t think Colorado has any intentions of dumping Nike though. Nike has been partners with CU for a very long time.

Hopefully he signs with Colorado and we can find out! I don’t think Colorado has any intentions of dumping Nike though. Nike has been partners with CU for a very long time.
I hope CU gets Prime. He has been itching to wear a mink on the sidelines. A lot of people in here must forgot CU was a powerhouse and produced players. I can name some teams that think they are relevant but Colorado have the more recent championship than those schools and one of them overpaid for a coach and recruiting class.

CU’s original deal with Nike began in 2001 and, in 2006, the deal was extended through June 30 of this year. This new extension takes the deal with Nike through June 30, 2025 – another nine school years.

No way CU is getting out of that. If they want Prime, and Prime wants them he will have to dump UA.

I will also be curious how Prime's appeal works at a school like CU, specifically a white, liberal community like Boulder. It was easy to preach Black excellence when you are in Mississippi and an HBCU. That will be a whole different story if he goes to Boulder where the only black folks within a 100 sq. miles will be on his football team.

how is this even a difficult choice. Deion has to be it.

Herman and Hartline will be limited. Deion ceiling is much higher
Based on what? His 2 years in the SWAC? It should absolutely be Hartline. UC has been a launching pad for coaches who want to go to higher level P5 jobs, dating back to Dantonio. Have not seen enough from Deion to even know if he can coach. He’s sweeping through the SWAC with a bunch of P5 kickbacks.

Based on what? His 2 years in the SWAC? It should absolutely be Hartline. UC has been a launching pad for coaches who want to go to higher level P5 jobs, dating back to Dantonio. Have not seen enough from Deion to even know if he can coach. He’s sweeping through the SWAC with a bunch of P5 kickbacks.
We won't debate Deions coaching abilities. Can he coach? probably. But we know what he will be able to do, recruiting wise. Thats what the schools who are looking at Deion will get. Good recruiting both HS and JC ranks.

Hartline is cool, but will he be great without tOSU label on his shirt?

I don't even want to talk about Herman.

Heard that rumor too. That’s legit?

All I’ve seen is he’s taken all of his OSU stuff off social media.

He’s regressed a ton since last year and I’m not sure if it’s lingering injuries or what but the times he did play he didn’t look the same at all. Couple that with Dallan Hayden looking good I’m not sure what he’s going to do. He’s a special talent though so I’d hope he stays but if not the RB room will still be pretty decent

Was anticipating seeing Trey Henderson on there

Heard that rumor too. That’s legit?
He backchannelled usc and some other schools. I don’t think he’s a take for us.

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis OU people think Wease was done to SC before he entered. Idk about that considering the same was said about Worthy and he hasn’t entered the portal yet.

I didn’t see him in your post but Thornton from Oregon prob heading to Penn State.

Heard there are a bunch of stars on other P5 schools that have been reaching out to schools and collectives to gauge interest.

All I’ve seen is he’s taken all of his OSU stuff off social media.

He’s regressed a ton since last year and I’m not sure if it’s lingering injuries or what but the times he did play he didn’t look the same at all. Couple that with Dallan Hayden looking good I’m not sure what he’s going to do. He’s a special talent though so I’d hope he stays but if not the RB room will still be pretty decent

He's the starter when healthy. Problem is.... he can't stay healthy. I love Henderson and I don't like making assumptions but taking stuff off SM is never a good look.

Hayden has looked very good as well. I get what you're saying.

Would suck to lose him

And it just dawned on me... we probably will never see CJ7 suit up again.

He's the starter when healthy. Problem is.... he can't stay healthy. I love Henderson and I don't like making assumptions but taking stuff off SM is never a good look.

Hayden has looked very good as well. I get what you're saying.

Would suck to lose him

And it just dawned on me... we probably will never see CJ7 suit up again.
I see what you did there

He backchannelled usc and some other schools. I don’t think he’s a take for us.

ThaxbyChamblis ThaxbyChamblis OU people think Wease was done to SC before he entered. Idk about that considering the same was said about Worthy and he hasn’t entered the portal yet.

I didn’t see him in your post but Thornton from Oregon prob heading to Penn State.

Heard there are a bunch of stars on other P5 schools that have been reaching out to schools and collectives to gauge interest.
Wease any good? Do we even want him? He looks mid as hell to me.

We won't debate Deions coaching abilities. Can he coach? probably. But we know what he will be able to do, recruiting wise. Thats what the schools who are looking at Deion will get. Good recruiting both HS and JC ranks.

Hartline is cool, but will he be great without tOSU label on his shirt?

I don't even want to talk about Herman.
Cincinnati hasn’t ever been worried about just recruiting, though. You don’t get Dantonio, Brian Kelly and Luke Fickell on that basis. Can he identify talent? Can he develop? What’s his plan for the program outside of being Coach Prime? Like I said, all we’ve seen so far is him run through the SWAC with kickbacks and kids who typically wouldn’t play on that level.

I’d take the risk with Hartline over him any day. Wouldn’t want Herman at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom