OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all need to quit hyping up Hartline to leave :smh:
Best position coach in the country and all around great human being.

200w.gif

Life came fast at Mickey Joseph as the kids say?

Imagine if they just gave him the promotion and this happened?

I wish they’d eliminate conference tie ins to bowl games sometimes. That’s why I always loved the fiesta bowl

I think rose bowl can select who they want so could still be USC, Utah, or UW
Yeah with a USC win they could still select Utah to go. Having them jump Udub in the rankings this week might help that but then the Rose is a rematch of last year so who knows how they play it out

Did you guys see the news about Mickey Joseph? 3rd degree domestic violence and allegedly strangling someone? Jesus dude

2024 gonna be real interesting now, guess we will see if UCLA is allowed into the Big Ten in half a month so that's also a big decision coming up. If UCLA is allowed to jump it'll be interesting to see if the Pac-12 tries to recruit teams like a Boise State and Houston even harder once we know they are out. Seems that would be enough to hold onto the likes of OU and UW.

I wonder why it says just 2024 and 2025, does that mean the rose bowl only signed a 2 year agreement?

What was there big dispute anyway?
While the Rose Bowl's position in an expanded CFP isn't the only obstacle that slowed the process, it is the last and most complicated. The discussion centered on one of the most lucrative television windows in college sports. Laura Farber, the chair of the Rose Bowl management committee, told ESPN earlier this month the game wanted to maintain the exclusive broadcast window on Jan. 1 at 2 p.m. PT in years that it would also host a CFP semifinal.

The Rose Bowl was willing to temporarily concede its relationship with the Big Ten and Pac-12 to host a quarterfinal game in 2024 and 2025, but in return asked for assurances in the new contract. There is no contract in place beyond the current 12-year deal, which runs through the 2025 season.

2024 gonna be real interesting now, guess we will see if UCLA is allowed into the Big Ten in half a month so that's also a big decision coming up. If UCLA is allowed to jump it'll be interesting to see if the Pac-12 tries to recruit teams like a Boise State and Houston even harder once we know they are out. Seems that would be enough to hold onto the likes of OU and UW.

Not many good options left for the Pac-12. They should snag SDSU for sure and idk who else.

With the 12 team playoff I hope this leads to the NCAA allowing for expanded roster sizes or allowing for kids to have an automatic 5 years of eligibility (or extending the amount of games that you can play in and still receive a redshirt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom