OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I heard about the FCS Playoffs is that the NCAA keeps like 40% of the revenue or something like that.

I believe there was talk from schools like North Dakota state so have their equivalent of a bowl. Kinda of like the celebration bowl that would allow those schools to keep more of the money.

Deion getting more slander than Brett Favre.
Man this convo really jumped the shark reading a post like this. :lol:
It makes me sad. He did so much for HBCUs so why not be thankful for what he did.
This was never about HBCUs, man. This always has been and is about Prime. JSU was just the avenue to make this happen because no one else was going to give him a HC job without cutting his teeth first.

1D0E8F7C-3D9B-498A-93CE-BE078256F9DC.gif

Man this convo really jumped the shark reading a post like this. :lol:

This was never about HBCUs, man. This always has been and is about Prime. JSU was just the avenue to make this happen because no one else was going to give him a HC job without cutting his teeth first.

When he was there did he or did he not get more coverage and press for HBCUs? Whether it was about him or not he did good work there. You and I both post in the politics thread and he brought more attention to the Jackson water crisis than was done in one year prior. That fact alone gets props for me. Finally, we just saw Saturday go from the commentating booth to head coach of the Colts with his only experience being a failed high school coach. I know Prime isn't the complexion to get that type of favor but I think JSU got a ton out of the deal as well.

When he was there did he or did he not get more coverage and press for HBCUs? Whether it was about him or not he did good work there. You and I both post in the politics thread and he brought more attention to the Jackson water crisis than was done in one year prior. That fact alone gets props for me. Finally, we just saw Saturday go from the commentating booth to head coach of the Colts with his only experience being a failed high school coach. I know Prime isn't the complexion to get that type of favor but I think JSU got a ton out of the deal as well.
JSU =/= HBCUs. JSU definitely benefited from the deal but in what way was the rest of the SWAC elevated? Conference didn’t get a new TV deal or anything like that. I’m not even knocking him for the move and it obviously was inevitable — he just didn’t have to sell the folks who look like him a dream in order to get to the same result that those of us who follow CFB to get to. They weren’t the ones who were going to hire him at a P5, but they were definitely the ones who showed up in droves and record numbers down in Jackson for him. Think Bomani pointed out on his pod today that he didn’t even thank the people of Jackson and refused to even do the post-game presser. We’ve seen this dude in the public spotlight for 30+ years. When has he ever been about anything except himself? :lol: And theres nothing wrong with that, but we don’t need to make him something that he isn’t either.

JSU =/= HBCUs. JSU definitely benefited from the deal but in what way was the rest of the SWAC elevated? Conference didn’t get a new TV deal or anything like that. I’m not even knocking him for the move and it obviously was inevitable — he just didn’t have to sell the folks who look like him a dream in order to get to the same result that those of us who follow CFB to get to. They weren’t the ones who were going to hire him at a P5, but they were definitely the ones who showed up in droves and record numbers down in Jackson for him. Think Bomani pointed out on his pod today that he didn’t even thank the people of Jackson and refused to even do the post-game presser. We’ve seen this dude in the public spotlight for 30+ years. When has he ever been about anything except himself? :lol: And theres nothing wrong with that, but we don’t need to make him something that he isn’t either.
Them showing up in droves wasn't altruistic at all or for him. They showed up because he won them games and brought them attention and gave them a chance to get a higher profile and brag about their program. I know tons of JSU alumni and they were talking with huge bass in their voices for years when they've been winning. As far as how other HBCUs in the SWAC directly benefited as they say rising tides lift all boats. The point is this was the typical symbiotic relationship that we've sent from every college coach and program. A program gets wins, the coach gets money and the opportunity to get better jobs. How many of them sell the fans and players a bag of goods only to dip for another job? Prime is self interested but he did good work for JSU, Jackson and HBCUs.

Win 4 games? 😂😂😂

Let’s see what he gets in the portal because this team is TRASH

Miami Mountain West then?

4 games might be a stretch y’all are right. Dude had a lot more talent than most at JSU, I’m not saying he can’t coach but it’s going to be interesting to see how he does with a talent deficit and then at some point (for his sake) a level playing field.

Them showing up in droves wasn't altruistic at all or for him. They showed up because he won them games and brought them attention and gave them a chance to get a higher profile and brag about their program. I know tons of JSU alumni and they were talking with huge bass in their voices for years when they've been winning. As far as how other HBCUs in the SWAC directly benefited as they say rising tides lift all boats. The point is this was the typical symbiotic relationship that we've sent from every college coach and program. A program gets wins, the coach gets money and the opportunity to get better jobs. How many of them sell the fans and players a bag of goods only to dip for another job? Prime is self interested but he did good work for JSU, Jackson and HBCUs.
We all know the history of HBCUs and why they exis, and the pride that HBCU alums have in their schools. I don’t think Jackson alum were looking for a the normal symbiotic relationship and that definitely wasn’t what he was selling. I don’t really think that’s there is anything tangible that we can point to about HBCUs benefiting from this. Prime was the biggest winner here, absolutely. That’s just how the game goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom