OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money isn't an issue with Stanford, but they don't want a football for football's sake coach. Shaw was an alum and never willing to sell his soul for the sake of football so they loved him, but for his replacement they want someone who understands that the brand of the academic institution comes first.

That said, a year ago the talk was they wanted to go the way of the Ivies, and now this month their insiders are saying they're actually willing to loosen up some of the academic, transfer, and budgetary restrictions so we'll see.

I heard Dave Clawson, but wouldn't be surprised to see them go after someone like Mike Bloomgren also. Someone said Mike Elko but I can't see him doing that. They were probably just connecting the elite private institution to elite private institution dots and figured if he could succeed at Duke he could do it at a place with more (football) prestige like Stanford.

Elko isn’t happening - can’t be having that.

Admissions are open to being more flexible, it’s been a hot topic.

Money isn't an issue with Stanford, but they don't want a football for football's sake coach. Shaw was an alum and never willing to sell his soul for the sake of football so they loved him, but for his replacement they want someone who understands that the brand of the academic institution comes first.

That said, a year ago the talk was they wanted to go the way of the Ivies, and now this month their insiders are saying they're actually willing to loosen up some of the academic, transfer, and budgetary restrictions so we'll see.

I heard Dave Clawson, but wouldn't be surprised to see them go after someone like Mike Bloomgren also. Someone said Mike Elko but I can't see him doing that. They were probably just connecting the elite private institution to elite private institution dots and figured if he could succeed at Duke he could do it at a place with more (football) prestige like Stanford.

I think Godfrey mentioned that Clawson already told them no.

Damn. How much is Legway getting from UF?

He must feel more confident in beating out Rashad over Malachi

Not sure how I feel about that. One one hand, his offense was certainly innovative and effective especially with Drake Maye but his playcalling left a lot to be desired at times.

Damn. How much is Legway getting from UF?

He must feel more confident in beating out Rashad over Malachi
Things he said to 247 writers:

1. Wiltfong said the way Florida developed Anthony Richardson and coached him up over the course of the season really impressed Lagway and helped him determine he’d be a great fit there. LMAOOOOOOOO :lol:

2. That he took his official to SC 2 weeks ago to formally confirm they weren't the school for him and to eliminate them, and instead came away with him and his parents loving it and connecting with Lincoln, the coaches, and some of the kids. He was basically a UF silent by the time he took the trip, so it was just due diligence, but he came away seriously considering SC.

3. NIL - we offer money once he gets on campus, UF offered it upon commitment. Idk that they're offering MORE really, but $1M+ today compared to $2M or whatever in 2024 is an easy decision.

I think he could go in the field but nowhere close to 100% and at that point why risk it? He’d either get injured worse or not be effective. They made it this far without him. Sure it would help their chances but it’s not like they just lost him

McShay and Kiper are both worthless

tony-romo-terrell-owens.gif

From UT or Uncle Jimbo?
Uncle Jimbo was apparently in El Campo overnight last night.

And it's the time of year where the one thing he does well starts to kick into gear.

Owens. Might steal Jaden Platt from Stanford. Got Tony Mitchell and a couple others in town the last weekend before ESD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom