OFFICIAL 2022-2023 COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
7A3235BE-9260-4DDA-8D95-DA8E296BB3AE.jpeg

Shedeur Sanders really a P5 QB playing in the SWAC

I don’t think that comparing the FCS and playoffs to this is even a good comparison. Regardless, there’s going to be a small group of teams who have a chance to win a title each year. We basically see this across most sports. How would making this pool smaller make for more parity? We already know that the polls have an insane built in SEC bias. This isn’t the early BCS days anymore where you had a strong Miami, FSU, Texas and USC. That’s kind of a bad argument if you ask me.

Making the field smaller would eliminate many of the same small group of teams earlier. For example, In the BCS era, last season the national title game would have been Alabama versus Michigan and Georgia wouldn't have even had an opportunity but the moment you put them on the field you see that Georgia is light years ahead of Michigan.

In 2017, Clemson and Oklahoma were ranked #1 and #2. In the BCS era that would have been the title game and Georgia and Alabama wouldn't have even had an opportunity, instead with a larger field both Georgia and Alabama end up winning their semifinals and having a rematch.

Making the playoff field larger gives that same small group of teams (Bama, Georgia, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, etc) a mulligan to lose a game or two where they might be eliminated earlier on in the process in the BCS or MNC era.

As somebody who strongly dislikes Brian Kelly, this game is bringing me so much joy.

I do feel very conflicted though whenever the flash to the stands and show some bum FSU fan flopping their noodle arm around in the tomahawk chop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom