Official 2022 Boxing Thread: 8/20 - Usyk Vs. Joshua II DAZN

Come on man. The fight was super close, that’s one thing most people can agree on. It could have gone either way. It can’t be a close fight one fighter dominated :lol:
I don’t feel like it was.
Come on man. The fight was super close, that’s one thing most people can agree on. It could have gone either way. It can’t be a close fight one fighter dominated :lol:
I don’t think that fight was super close. Most don’t. GGG won that.

Sucks GGG is washed. Not impressed by Canelo at all.

Canelo is a media hype machine. He's good but not great imo.

He's just not someone I'd pay 89.95 to watch. There are action stars and prizefighters. Then there are guys named Bruce Li :lol:

Last edited:
GGG looked like he was 50 out there.

Does Canelo do any roadwork at all? Bruh was gassed out. I think he needs to take a break and refocus to be honest.

I used to think Mall and Benavidez would struggle against him but idk anymore

What’s the point? He isn’t going to get the kind of payday he got on Saturday ever again.

Pride and he wants to squeeze a few more paydays out before hanging em up. He better be careful though. That granite chin might get tested at 160 with someone really going to the body then going up top and catching him.

Golovkin is well past it. No need to keep fighting but I dont see him retiring since he has one of the all time great chins in boxing history.

The fight overall was trash. Not much going on from either fighter for the majority of the fight. Canelo is past his peak and will be on the decline from here on out. He will be extremely careful with his matchmaking for the rest of his career. It'll be interesting to see who he fights in the coming years. There ain't many more c level fighters with belts or names who are past their prime for him to fight.

He wants no problems with David Benavidez but that isnt surprising.

Golovkin is well past it. No need to keep fighting but I dont see him retiring since he has one of the all time great chins in boxing history.

The fight overall was trash. Not much going on from either fighter for the majority of the fight. Canelo is past his peak and will be on the decline from here on out. He will be extremely careful with his matchmaking for the rest of his career. It'll be interesting to see who he fights in the coming years. There ain't many more c level fighters with belts or names who are past their prime for him to fight.

He wants no problems with David Benavidez but that isnt surprising.

Benavidez isn't/wasn't a champion en route to undisputed is why the fight never got made and thats his own fault. Had he not been on the sniff sniff and been disciplined on his weight he would of not been stripped & had that same belt that Caleb Plant had if I am not mistaken. We would of been saw a fight between Canelo/Benavidez.

The defense in the Benavidez camp is terrible too. Yall saw what just happened to El Rayo. It's a continuous thing in that camp.

I still got Canelo beating Benavidez to a UD next year if they happen to fight. Them dudes should be fighting each other. Lowkey they just want paydays and I ain't mad at em.

Canelo wouldve changed his plans if benavidez never got stripped of that title. And no, canelo won benavidez title in the callum smith fight as a throw in. I guess those are the privileges you get when your3 the cash cow in boxing 🤷🏿‍♂️.

The whole "those dudes should be fighting each other" and "what has he accomplished" are just excuses not to fight dudes who are bad style matchups for canelo. Who did james kirkland beat and what did he accomplish when canelo chose to fight him? Also, if canelo thinks benavidez hasnt accomplished anything, what would him fighting other un accomplished prove lol?

David Benavidez would beat the brakes off canelo if they fought tomorrow. Too much physicality and too much volume. Boxing like all sports is a young mans game. Like I said before, canelo will be very careful who he fights for the rest of his career.

Like I said before, canelo will be very careful who he fights for the rest of his career.

to be fair, outside of the mayweather, all of his fights have been carefully calculated and planned

he is making people og up in weight and then he rehydrates and be 20 lbs heavier or drain washed champs to put on the resume

his camp just screwed up against bivol thinking since dude wasnt explosive and as scare as beterbiev that he thought he could win a fight on the cards and he almost did, all three cards scored 115-113 :lol:

if bivol didnt keep throwing in the 12th thinking he has it in the bag, thats a draw :rofl:

to be fair, outside of the mayweather, all of his fights have been carefully calculated and planned

he is making people og up in weight and then he rehydrates and be 20 lbs heavier or drain washed champs to put on the resume

his camp just screwed up against bivol thinking since dude wasnt explosive and as scare as beterbiev that he thought he could win a fight on the cards and he almost did, all three cards scored 115-113 :lol:

if bivol didnt keep throwing in the 12th thinking he has it in the bag, thats a draw :rofl:

Trust me, I know. I just don't want to keep pointing out the obvious truths about canelo or I'm sure I'll be labeled a "hater" lol

People ducked him. GGG, in his prime, would have beat most…including Canelo. It’s a shame
I was watching some of GGG’s old highlights on YouTube last weekend.

One thing he never was is fast.

Even in his prime, Canelo would’ve had a significant speed advantage.

…would’ve been a great fight at any stage of their careers.

Lol Saul be having folks sick. Meanwhile everybody else y’all can possibly name is fighting who?

Back
Top Bottom