OFFICIAL 2023-2024 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD *THE START OF THE MICHIGAN WOLVERINE DYNASTY; UPDATE 1/24/2024: THE END OF THE MICHIGAN DYNASTY*

Who will win the 2023 College Football Playoffs?

• the Ohio State

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alabama

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • UGA

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marajestee-teebelair.gif

giphy.gif

He has his hits...

But also a lot of misses

1707521381697.gif

He gave zero insight as to why Caleb “wasn’t special” and he said all Justin Fields was lacking was “experience”. If that’s the analysis you want to roll with, then go ahead :lol:

But being right on Manziel is not impressive at all. A sub 6ft, weak armed, immature party animal with extreme entitlement issues.

1707521381697.gif

He gave zero insight as to why Caleb “wasn’t special” and he said all Justin Fields was lacking was “experience”. If that’s the analysis you want to roll with, then go ahead :lol:

But being right on Manziel is not impressive at all. A sub 6ft, weak armed, immature party animal with extreme entitlement issues.
You're giving too much thought to what is just atls still claiming Fields and wanting to be right about his NFL projections back when Fields was a dawg.

Wonder what Sean Salisbury's thoughts are on Caleb
jbhmmm (1).png

Random, but I learned recently Salisbury had a ton of health issues he's been battling. Had low testosterone and severe depression stemming from head injuries and put on a ton of weight he had to lose because he was pre-diabetic. A lot of the ****ery that got him fired at ESPN stemmed from head stuff.

I mean that hire wouldn’t be awful 🤷🏽

Minnesota is a tough job and he’s had three 9+ win seasons there in his 7 seasons, even if it was in the awful B1G West.

UCLA is one those job that looks a lot better on paper than in reality. I can’t imagine the candidate list for that job is that great even if they wait a year.

Last edited:
I reside in Fleck country and his agent certainly makes the rounds. It's phenomenal really.

The problem for Fleck is twofold: One these lists he's on (and he's on nearly every list) are all fake - he doesn't ever make even final roundtable, and two he cannot recruit at a high level nor coach on Saturdays at a high level.

I know in this sport nothing shocks us (nothing) but already being in the Big Ten with no pressure and good contract I ain't seein this one either.

Relatively speaking or what? He's a good coach, outdated scheme, sure, but he's done about as consistent of a good job as you can at Minnesota.
I’m talking on the field, calling plays, making halftime adjustments. Having no idea what to do if down two scores in the second half. Routinely leaving in quarterbacks who cannot complete a forward pass, literally (but Wisc and Iowa also have had that issue).

Ive appreciated the guy being at a bad school and winning some games he has. But the dude pulls some reallly odd losses out of his own *** too. His own doing, he calls the plays.

Back
Top Bottom