Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

Cubs haven’t scored more than one run in the last 6 games vs pirates. And we have 2 more with them. Tomorrow could be our last day in 1st

Am I worried.....yes
Am I upset at the current play.....yes
Do I believe we can still pull off the division with 5 games left.....yes
Are we a threat to win it all.....sadly no.

Let’s just keep our composure and play the string out.
Ain’t much else we could.
We’ve been hurt all year and it’s all catching up to us. Let’s just finish up strong.

Great job Joe. Wilson is not a closer to me. How many times has this team made joe look good or let him off the hook? Anyways first place is safe for now

Last edited:
We tried to choke it away. Joe's decisions keep getting worse. I cant believe I'm kinda sick of him. Why pull Quintana after 5? Why put Wilson in the 9th? Must win tomorrow.

It feels nice to be in 1st place at least to Friday. But yeah I agree Joe keeps finding ways to screw it up but again and again his players come up and save the day for him

47736DED-6AF1-42A2-915B-BD78144D279C.jpeg

I'm zero percent happy about making the post season. I want division titles and world series championships. We aren't the Brewers.

Per my people in the know.

Lot of static in the Cubs Clubhouse currently. Many players not speaking to one another, chemistry isn't all that the Chi media makes it out to be that "family / brotherhood" talk is dead.

Yeah, I don't buy that either.

They may be tense, no question there, but in terms of teammates, those guys are all over each other when someone does somethin. I don't buy there's lockerroom stuff AT ALL.

I wish I could say everything that I know.

Regardless of whats going on internally, them dude's got the brewers on they ***

We have 94 wins, the best record in the NL, and this thread has been nothing but panic for 3 weeks. :lol:

2015, we eliminated the Cards from the playoffs.
2016, we won the World Series. (and finished like 57 games ahead of the Cards)
2017, we eliminated the Cards from playoff contention in Stl.
2018, we eliminated the Cards from playoff contention in Chi.

:pimp:

It was panic because this month was panic. And it was so close to heading south. That game last Wednesday was so close to disaster mode.

Plus nothing is accomplished yet. Making the playoffs is nice but if we can still end up with the wildcard which isn’t as good as the division. Especially since this team was never chasing for the wildcard

We basically have to win our last two games. Detroit isn't winning a game. If we lose, we tie and have a 1 game playoff vs Mil, THEN either WC, or home field in the NL and host the WC in the NLDS.

Hamels tomorrow, Monty on Sunday.

That would leave Q to face the Brewers at Wrigley. He's done really, really well vs them.

There's nothin you can do about that one. Cubs score an unearned run in the 1st inning, then proceed to line into two double plays, and hit FOUR fly balls to the warning track that just can't get out, and lose by 1.

That's just plain bad luck for a game. :lol:

The season/division will come down to game #162. (or, game #163 perhaps? :nerd: )

Cuzzi missed a strike 3 call and then the very next pitch they go ahead :angry:

Detroit ain’t winning a game, their division is the worst in baseball.

We still might play Monday then Tuesday. Great.

Back
Top Bottom