Official 2023 Chicago Cubs Season Thread Vol: (17-17)

About to be tied with the team up north.
:smh:
So one of 3 things will happen tomorrow:

Win the division :nthat:

Get ready for game 162 :stoneface:

Get ready for a game on Tuesday :smh::angry:

Wildcard here we come.

It’s shouldn’t be a laughing matter when someone sees another fan panicking. It’s probably because the fan knows that a collapse or swoon is real and we shouldn’t rely on last year or 2016 for motivation to relax and not panic. Idk maybe it’s different, the feeling of being a cubs fan out of state compared to actually in the city.

But I don’t want to see Maddon telling us that the wildcard is still a success. No it’s not it should be somewhat disappointing and he should say it because it’s true. Because even though we’re in the playoffs, it feels like a collapse somewhat. A swoon.

And finally if we go one and done in the wildcard game then I would expect maddons job to be in somewhat of scrutiny. That is unless Theo takes the blame himself
100%

You want the manager who has the most wins the last 4 years, a World Series, and 4 straight playoffs to have his job in question?

:lol:

Sorry I’m an emotional wreck this team. But I hate it when someone tells me to relax and not panic it’s what I do

Sorry I’m an emotional wreck this team. But I hate it when someone tells me to relax and not panic it’s what I do

I tell you to relax because I'm not emotional. I offer you actual reality and taking a step back.

We have a chance to finish with 95 wins, the most in the NL. And be called "a failure".

No my brother. Baseball is tough. Winning is tough. But we still control our fates. Have faith brother.

Meanwhile.....

Down 2-0

2 outs.....

Murphy double
Zobrist RBI triple
Zo scores on WP
Baez walks
Rizzo RBI double
Bryant walk
Heyward RBI single.

4-2 Cubs.

Later, Baez single
Rizzo single
Bryant 2 RBI double
Contreras 2 run Homer.

8-2 Cubs. :pimp:

Early RBI single from Yelich (of course)

But Rizzo ties it up with an absolute BOMB that the right fielder didn't even turn around for. :lol: :pimp:

1-1 Top 6, but we're heading to Bullpen time now. Yelich just hit his 3rd single of the game. :stoneface: Chavez in.

The 6th is going to give me nightmares......

Happ walks.
Contreras double play. :stoneface:
Murphy singles
Zobrist walks. Meaning we literally had 3 of the 4 hitters in the inning reach base.
Then Javy gets up in the count 3-1 and whiffs. :smh:

We needed something there to take the lead and keep Hader on the bench and let our guys pitch with the lead. But, Rizzo/Bryant due up in the 7th, hopefully they have some magic in them.

*also, may need Gore to pinch run at some point and try to steal a run.

For moronic fans maybe, but not Theo.

Anyone that wants Maddon out should pick a different sport to follow. Baseball isn't for them.

You dont think the media is gonna question it? And dont YOU question a lot of Joe's decisions this season. Injuries are ultimately what did us in, but specifically the injuries to Morrow and Strop. ....and Joe played a part in both.

You dont think the media is gonna question it? And dont YOU question a lot of Joe's decisions this season. Injuries are ultimately what did us in, but specifically the injuries to Morrow and Strop. ....and Joe played a part in both.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yea, you're right, hilarious. Let's give Joe a total free pass and not hold him accountable for anything at all.

Listen, and listen good, because I’m not going to do this again.

If you as a Cubs fan are stupid enough to want to replace the winningest manager in the entire sport the last 4 years, and blame him for injuries to Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist, Heyward, Schwarber, Darvish, Morrow, Strop, on top of whatever the hell has gone on with Addison Russell and Chatwood, TWO YEARS AFTER WINNING THE WORLD SERIES, in which he’s reached the NLCS THREE YEARS IN A ROW, and still won 95 games this year AND is in the playoffs for a FOURTH YEAR IN A ROW, despite ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL those issues with the team, and then be stupid enough to blame him for Morrow and/or Darvish who were burned out from their long playoff run in LA last year, you know, just like how we burned out Chapman in 16, and in 17 he struggled with the Yankees……..then you all need to watch a different sport, cuz you don’t know **** about baseball.

If you blame him for having Strop pop his hammy, cuz ya know, managers can know when a hammy is about a blow on professional athletes whose careers are built on sculpting their bodies…..

You want to fire THIS man

97 wins, NLCS
103 wins, World Series
92 wins, NLCS
95 wins, playoffs

The winningest 4 year stretch in 100 years of Cubs baseball, but hey, there’s probably a better manager just sitting around not having a job, right?

So yeah, if a single one of you wants Joe Maddon out, you are a clown of the highest order. Tell ya what, let’s get rid of Theo too. I mean, he hired all these people. He got Strop and his hamstring, right? He hired Joe. He hired Bryant and his shoulder. He hired this bullpen. He signed Darvish and Morrow. Why stop at Joe Maddon? Let’s get rid of Theo too.

Look at yourselves. ANYONE that wants Joe out, tell me now so I can block you the **** out of my eyesight. You people are disgusting and deserve another 108 years of suffering. :smh:

Yes Joe Maddon is the greatest most accomplished manager we as cubs fans as seen in our lifetimes. Yes his track record is impeccable. But we shouldn't give him a pass when he makes questionable moves like not pitching around or intentionally walking one of the hottest hitters in baseball as of late. Or pulling Q so early because he has a plan in mind(baseball never really works that way when you have a plan set in mind. IMO go with the flow of the game first) Yes we didn't hit but it could have been a 1-0 win. Small chance but still I would have taken that.

And then there's game 7 of the World Series, which almost costed us. He pulled Hendricks too early. He didn't put Lester in a clean inning like he said he would. He put in Chapman that was spent from game 5 and used him too much for game 6.

I'm not saying fire Joe or that he sucks or is a bad manager. Yes anyone that does think so is in the wrong side of the argument. But like every other manager that will make questionable moves, they will be discussed and argued upon. Joe doesn't or shouldn't get any special treatment because of 2016 because then the fan becomes a biased one.

Joe wasn't wrong for pulling Q. Q's numbers are terrible 3rd time thru the order. The first batter 3rd time thru did what? Got a hit. Chavez came in and pitched 2 clean innings.

His "questionable" moves got us to the 8th 1-1.

He lost his bench coach, pitching coach, and hitting coach, various injuries, and was 1-1 in the 8th of game 163.

Questionable from "fans" is comical. I doubt 95% of the fanbase even knows Q's numbers third time thru. They just want to *****.

We had 2 hits thru 8.2 innings. TWO, and fans wanna question pitching changes. :lol:

His "questionable" moves got us to the 8th 1-1.

Yes questionable to PITCH to Yelich with a runner at 3rd with 1st base open. That could have been the difference of a 1-1 to 1-0 cubs lead.

Yes questionable to let a relief pitcher hit when he could have told him to just not swing the bat. That’s how we lost Strop.

If you think Maddon has pushed every right button this season then this debate is over

Yes questionable to PITCH to Yelich with a runner at 3rd with 1st base open. That could have been the difference of a 1-1 to 1-0 cubs lead.

Yes questionable to let a relief pitcher hit when he could have told him to just not swing the bat. That’s how we lost Strop.

If you think Maddon has pushed every right button this season then this debate is over

When did I say he pushed every right button? That isn't humanly possible.

You can't blame him for Strop straining a hammy. That's not on Joe, at all.

Lefty v lefty, walk him to pitch to a righty who crushes lefties? That's your plan? :lol: Free base runners and reverse splits? He would be assassinated for that. :lol: :rofl:

Again, ZERO managers in this sport are 100% right with every move. ZERO.

You fire a guy to upgrade. Who is upgrading Maddon and doing better than he is?

I'm excited for us to win tomorrow, sign Harper this offseason and the fanbase wants Maddon out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom