Official '24 NYK playoffs thread, RD1 vs PHI

Should the knicks trade for Damian Lillard?

• A. Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B. No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • C. IDK

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • D. Joel Embid instead

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You tank well enough and the data adds up

You’d think the league wants the best prospect since Bron in NY but we will never know it seems.

League doesnt care about the Knicks anymore. Probably havent since Ewing. We never moved up in the draft one time and most of the time moved down. They didnt even award us Zion or Ja and we had the worst record as a franchise probably ever.

When it comes to the Knicks the data doesnt matter.

League doesnt care about the Knicks anymore. Probably havent since Ewing. We never moved up in the draft one time and most of the time moved down. They didnt even award us Zion or Ja and we had the worst record as a franchise probably ever.

When it comes to the Knicks the data doesnt matter.

Bro I think all of us in here get it. I understand your frustration, we ALL do.

How would y'all feel about someone like Zach Lavine? He's disgruntled in Chicago and got benched in the 4th recently and was pissed about it. Anthony Edwards is similarly frustrated. Any way we could swing a move for one of them?

How would y'all feel about someone like Zach Lavine? He's disgruntled in Chicago and got benched in the 4th recently and was pissed about it. Anthony Edwards is similarly frustrated. Any way we could swing a move for one of them?

Not saying we can land or should make a move for any, but these are the next stars to potential want out/ request a trade or get moved cause team wants to tank.

Zach Lavine
Devin Booker
Bradley Beal / KP
Dame Lillard
KAT
Kyrie

I think Anthony Edwards is unlikely to get moved saying he is the youngest. I think better chance KAT get moved or wants out before Edwards is traded

Id go for Booker or KAT, and KAT would be our most realistic trade out of all for a package centered around Randle

When PHX decide to blow it up, Id give them same package for Booker that Utah wanted for Donovan 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
You tank well enough and the data adds up

You’d think the league wants the best prospect since Bron in NY but we will never know it seems.

Exactly.

Tanking is a PROCESS. Years.

Can’t just tank for one year and expect results.

But that’s exactly what we do.

Then we sign mediocre players who keep us in NBA purgatory with 10-14th picks.

It’s a cycle that never stops because Dolan wants to fill seats and keep us semi-competitive.

Exactly.

Tanking is a PROCESS. Years.

Can’t just tank for one year and expect results.

But that’s exactly what we do.

Then we sign mediocre players who keep us in NBA purgatory with 10-14th picks.

It’s a cycle that never stops because Dolan wants to fill seats and keep us semi-competitive.

There’s a reason Philly called it, “THE PROCESS” - our fans/front office can’t seem to comprehend it smh

NY doesn’t know a proper rebuild with actual kids developing in their system. That **** takes time. Growing pains come with lots of Ls and not much winning; but the org/Thibs seem to think they can do both at the same time. The fans gonna complain either way so just telling them “we’re in it to win it” until they really are makes sense.
Been trying to tell some of these fans to stop bashing heads against the wall but Knicks nation is full of drama queens so what can u do?

And Coupé It Coupé It ur right to an extent on Dolan. Seats gonna get filled regardless. It’s MSG. For the longest he was acting like a regular fan always looking for a quick fix. And usually with bad management.

He’s been hands off last few years. Uda thought Philip was a good mind to leave the entire org to but all he did was collect his checks and sleep on the job. Then the cocksucker left with a bang after drafting Frank.

Last edited:
Is always easy to judge in retrospect. I'm not saying Frank was the pick, I definitely didn't know who the **** he was and was super disappointed at all the highlights, but who would you have drafted?

The problem with tanking is not drafting the right player with the lottery pick...Frank and Knox really set us back by picking the wrong players...You can say we shoulda picked haliburton over obi but we got Jalen now so it's whatever...not only that we don't develop guys... All of a sudden Dennis Smith is decent and Knox had a good game recently lol...

Just think about it we were trying to trade the kitchen sink for Donovan instead of drafting him instead of Frank lmao...

I dont know why people keep saying we should of have drafted Mitch over Frank. I wonder who in here really said that. Ya full of it! 1 PG and 2 SG were drafted after Frank and before Mitch ... not to mention Mitch was traded to Utah before a game was played. So ....

I mean as one of the dudes who I played ball with said “I don’t think even Mitchell knew he was this good until Snyder got it out of him.” And I actually agree with that. Nobody saw it otherwise he would have been a top 3 pick.

My weed man woulda done more in a Knicks uni than Frank.

The development thing was an issue but that’s been resolved if you’re watching.

And at this point I couldn’t care less about Frank or Knox and what they’re up to. The Knicks have a very good crop of talent here that is being developed.

Like him or not, the principles he’s installing have made the youts better. Obi, Cam, and IQ in particular, have raised their levels of play, esp defensively thanks to him. He could go at some time but for now his seat looks safe. The players haven’t given up on him. They’re competing. They’re just average.

It doesn’t help that for all he brings offensively, JB has to be hidden or helped on the other end almost every time. Another rzn I like Cam there next to him & RJ. QG no slouch but better as the 6th man right now.

Sims is gonna be a defensive beast with the coach there as well.

You want some more offensive creativity? I think Leon should hit up RJ’s godfather for some halp. JB is sposed to be the coach on the floor but it still needs some work.

I think Sims is pretty decent right now and is good on defense.... He will get better with more playing time... I think its time to bench Hart and replace with Sims

Meh Philly's "process" was a failure

2013: Michael Carter Williams
2014: Joel Embiid
2015: Jhalil Okafor
2016: Ben Simmons
2017: Fultz
2018: Zhaire Smith

In 6 years they drafted mostly busts relative to their draft position. They landed 1 guy (Embiid) who kept them relevant since, but nothing to show for it anyway.

Last edited:
I think Sims is pretty decent right now and is good on defense.... He will get better with more playing time... I think its time to bench Hart and replace with Sims
And that’s the struggle that this coach is having to deal with. They just signed dude & now he’s supposed to sit?

Someone [Leon] gonna look like a clown but tbf Jericho looks lightyears better than last year. The FO and coaches probably didn’t see that coming.

He doesn’t stretch that floor like they said so he can go today or yesterday. Gotta see what you have in Hart if only to make him look good for trade.

^ I never understood the point in signing Hart anyways... I know he was a replacement for Mitch once he got injured but thats what Sims was there for...Nothing against the signing but I think if we needed a replacement center we should have gone with a cheaper option and letting them know they are third on the depth chart...But I guess the assumption is thibs doesnt like young guys and sims would get benched hence the signing...

Thibs has the same issue with Fournier... he gets paid a lot to sit on the bench... hes clearly our best shooter but he sucks on defense and is not consistent enough offensively to keep him in the rotation

Meh Philly's "process" was a failure

2013: Michael Carter Williams
2014: Joel Embiid
2015: Jhalil Okafor
2016: Ben Simmons
2017: Fultz
2018: Zhaire Smith

In 6 years they drafted mostly busts relative to their draft position. They landed 1 guy (Embiid) who kept them relevant since, but nothing to show for it anyway.

No no.

This is not a failure. They got in a position to make the picks.

That’s all you can ask for.

It’s up to front office and scouting to pick well.

No no.

This is not a failure. They got in a position to make the picks.

That’s all you can ask for.

It’s up to front office and scouting to pick well.

They largely picked the "right" guys at the time. No one they picked was a reach.

Drafting is mostly luck and when numerous sure fire top 3 picks bust idk how much thats on the scouting department.

So yea even if they had the right idea of going full out tank, I still think they failed. Big time actually.

Back
Top Bottom