Official 6/4: *LOS ANGELES LAKERS .vs. ORLANDO MAGIC* on ABCHD 2009 NBA Finals -- Game 1

Laker fans know that this squad does stupid $*#* sometimes on defense... They have some mental lapses, and I'm sure that won't change.. I just got afeeling the Magic aren't gonna miss their 3's
smh.gif

Everyone on the Lakers have got to attack the basket and get DH in foul trouble because nobody on theLakers can lock up DH.

Kobe will be Kobe... Hopefully LO and Pau come correct this time... I know these dudes are hungry for that 'ship... Farmar and Brown should get more burn, but we all know Phil's love with D Feezy...

It should be a fun series... I ain't makin' a prediction... I just wanna be at that parade on Figueroa.. C'mon Lake Show
pimp.gif

so every 10 years a van gundy gets the honor of losing in the finals.

this series will be tough though. the lakers need to defend home court this series. with the 2-3-2 matchup, the lakers need to go to orlando up 2-0, none ofthis split at home crap.

one thing i think is that last years celtics team > this years magic team this years laker team > last years laker team.

it will be a good finals i hope though.

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

this series will be tough though. the lakers need to defend home court this series. with the 2-3-2 matchup, the lakers need to go to orlando up 2-0, none of this split at home crap.

one thing i think is that last years celtics team > this years magic team this years laker team > last years laker team.

wheres my money?

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

Originally Posted by lakersmets49ers

this series will be tough though. the lakers need to defend home court this series. with the 2-3-2 matchup, the lakers need to go to orlando up 2-0, none of this split at home crap.

wheres my money?

i gave it to william parker

I was hoping for the Lake Show to draw the Cavs as opponents but it's Orlando. The Magic matchup well against the Lakers which is why I'm a littleworried. Dwight is going to dominate regardless, too quick and strong. Lewis and Turkoglu's efforts need to be kept at a minimum. Turkoglu's playmaking ability will be something to keep an eye out for. Lewis will get his shots but the Lakers definitely need to make him work on the defensive end. Also, Ihope Pietrus cools down after his hot shooting vs the Cavs. Skip's ability to knock down the open jumper is key for the Magic's success.

But of course, Lakers in 6
laugh.gif

I'm going to do my absolute best to try to get tix to a game, even though ticket prices are brutal
laugh.gif
If not, hopefully, the road games are shown atStaples also....Nonetheless, the Magic present the Lakers many problems, and the Lakers MUST contain the magic 3 point shooting, which has been a prettyevident weakness of this defense. If the Lakers want this championship, they will have to fight their lives for it and play hard. If that's done, Lakersare bringing back that chip to LA......

LET'S GO LAKERS!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bilbo07

Its going to be real interesting to see how espn hypes this series up. What they going to talk about? How Brian Shaw coaches the lakers n use to play for the magic?
I wouldn't be surprised if they mention Shaq even tho he is not playing
laugh.gif

How appropriate to have a Cinderella story like the Magic happen in home of Disney World? (And yes, Cinderellas castle is in Orlando....the smaller, older,castle in L.A. belongs to sleeping beauty).

Once again the Magic are playing the underdog role. I'm not even sure it's worth typing anything constructive in this post. It will be interesting tosee what kind of defensive adjustments SVG makes in this series...and how well the Lakers defend the perimeter....and how they defend the offensively new andimproved Howard. The key to the Magic's success is Rashard Lewis and how they defend.

It should be a good series. I'm hoping to watch some good basketball.

Here we go.

--The Magic were just raining 3's on Cleveland.
--I agree, Lakers' perimeter defense has no match for it. And they cant match them for each 3-pointer. No way. Magic would win that contest.
--All Lakers can do as hope and pray that the law of averages comes into effect concerning the Magic 3ball...its been raining since the Celtic series.

Yes, Orlando has shooters, but from 1 to 4, all of them are able to put it on the floor.

The Lakers didn't have to worry about that with the Jazz, Rockets, or Denver.

If the Magic can soften up the Laker D early on, they have a good chance of taking this thing.

But as the Nuggets showed against the Lakers, if you get rattled and change your game, it's hard to beat anybody, let alone the defending WC champs.

Orlando must stick to their guns and use their bread and butter (Dwight); none of that only 10 touches like in the Boston series. It's not going to cut it.

I would be glad with either team winning

I'm a Dwight Howard fan and I'm also a Kobe and Pau Gasol fan

so it goes either way for me

I think what will help the Lakers is PHIL JACKSON. SVG is a good coach and he was able to exploit the Cavs and their weakness.

Unfortunately Mr. Potato head is a horrible coach who just ask lebron to do EVERYTHING; score, defend, rebound, ast, draw up plays, motivate players, etc.

I think Phil will work on the pick&roll defense, and he wont make Orlando at 3 pt shooting team, meaning I dont think he will double D12 and let him kickit out to the open shooters, instead he will play him straight up.

While Kobe v Lebron would have been nice, I think matchup wise and series wise LA v ORL might be the best series we could of asked for as basketball fans

The Magic pretty much live and die by the 3.
If they shoot the 3 well, the magic will have control.
If not, it could get ugly seeing dwight brick hook shots.

I'm just saying putting Sloth on Dwight, piss him off show his face. get him frustrated, six fouls, use em.
This series also rides on Dwight's Free Throw Shooting, he was horrendous during the regular season, but in the Cavs series he shot 47/65 (72 percent)
he made big free throws in the 4th quarter in that series.

Lakers need to play Lakers basketball, none of this halfassed, hey let's get a lead, then let the other team come back.
Their execution in Game 6 was beautiful. Kobe will be Kobe. Pau will have his hands full on defense if dwight makes him his beezy, but the magic can't winif dwight puts up 35 with no help, he needs to keep him far away from the basket and have him use his finesse post moves.
also imo he's the best offensive big man in the game cuz of his footwork and ability to shoot with both hands, and hey against the defensive player of theyear
Bynum needs to get out of his whatever the hell he is in. We saw some signs of the old bynum, being aggresive in the paint, but it's sloppy still.
Odom needs to grab boards and contain shard. that's the key matchup.
ariza is the real X-Factor in this series.
His Defense will be vital against Hedo/Shard.
but his Offense wil be something to watch out for, him scoring as a 4th option is BIG.

with all that said.
Lakers, just win.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--The Magic were just raining 3's on Cleveland.
--I agree, Lakers' perimeter defense has no match for it. And they cant match them for each 3-pointer. No way. Magic would win that contest.
--All Lakers can do as hope and pray that the law of averages comes into effect concerning the Magic 3ball...its been raining since the Celtic series.
Right on.
Hopefully Bynum and Gasol can contain Dwight and I'll live with him averaging 40. The way we are shooting the 3 right now, we don't have a chance tokeep pace. Hopefully your right about the law of averages
laugh.gif
. I hope LOcan continue his great play.

I say we just let Dwight get his and stay out on the 3 pt shooters...it sounds simple, but we always double team unnecessarily and some of our players have theIQ of monkey feces *cough* Fish *cough Sasha* cough* Luke*

Rashard is going to decide who wins this series, if he goes off, Lakeshow are in big trouble.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I say we just let Dwight get his and stay out on the 3 pt shooters...it sounds simple, but we always double team unnecessarily and some of our players have the IQ of monkey feces *cough* Fish *cough Sasha* cough* Luke*

Rashard is going to decide who wins this series, if he goes off, Lakeshow are in big trouble.

--Rashard or Lamar is gonna be a big factor on the series for their respective ballclubs.
--I forgot about Vujasuck. This guy needs to show up. Seriously. He is a pesky defender, I'll give him that.

Back
Top Bottom