Official Adidas Derrick Rose Thread - D Rose 11

This shoe is amazing.

I couldn't agree more. Played last week in my away pair for the 1st time and these are one of the BEST performance shoes you can buy for the money (as these are under $100 on FNL in a few colors). I can't wait to get out of work & play tonight. Love these shoes so much I'm hoping another 30% off ADC comes along so I can do another pair of MiAdidas Rose 6 (in a St Patty's Day green colorway).

Last edited:
Played 2.5 hours in these yesterday and I am a big fan! I've been normally playing in the Kobe 4-6 and have suffered from knee and lower body soreness for hours to days after playing ball to the point to where I stopped playing

After playing yesterday in the rose 6, I had no soreness in my knees and legs and haven't played bball for 5 months! I believe that Nikes "court feel" and small zoom bags been tearing away at my body. Every athletic shoe I buy from here on out will have boost in them!

Gripp was perfect, didn't have a issue with the fit, I went .5 size down and it felt good. I will probably start playing weekly now.

Last edited:
I don't know what it is with this shoe, but it's either I have bad luck or bad feet.

I originally ordered the home colorway online (no stores carry the Rose's where I live) and after 5 solid wears (2 sessions of shooting and 3 sessions of full court runs - about 10 solid hrs) and wearing them at the gym to lift, I gave up and sold them.

The heel boost was soft and squishy like I expected but the left forefoot was just OK (a little responsiveness but honestly not much) and the right forefoot felt like a brick.

Originally I was thinking I just had to break them in but nothing really improved over the course of shooting/games/workouts.

I found a sale online at adidas.CA and decided to give them another go after reading on this thread that defective pairs may be floating around with the original batches.

My home's were a size 8.5 and I know sizing can vary depending on the material so I ordered the aways (black/red) in size 8 and Brenda's (red/black) in 8.5 (adidas has free returns anyways if one didn't work out).

I got them in yesterday and from an initial try on they're not any better.

The heels all felt great but the forefoot on the aways felt like bricks in the forefoot. Zero responsiveness.

The Brenda colorway was similar to the homes I had; the left foot had a little responsiveness but the right forefoot felt like a brick.

I was thinking it was just my foot so I told my wife to try them on. I didn't tell her anything about my try on and she experienced the exact same thing.

I do have a fair amount of experience with boost and I understand there's varying levels of firmness. Just as a reference I own two pairs of pure boosts, climachill rocket boost, and the energy boost 1.

I love boost and love the looks of the Rose 6, but it looks like I have to give up.

Well normally I'd say keep at it, but with the releases slated for this year, I'm not attached to the Rose 6 or any of Adidas' other current models.  With what they have in store I think I might be done until then.

What are they going to release that's going to be as good as a full-length boost low top with possible prime knit upper?

Got these at full price from my local Adidas in Canada:

These are like an easter/pastel multi-colorway woven upper... gonna swap out those pastel color laces with black ones just to man these up a little bit.  Fit is true to size on these.  Coming from the Kobe 9, Jordan 28, Jordan XX9... i think these are an upgrade.  

That outsole is no joke. Might be a performance monster...check that. WILL be a performance monsters. Aesthetically they're growing on me a little.

Boost for days.  So much exposed boost.

One concern is those panels, similar to the Hyperrev 15.  Looks like they could be uncomfortable if they don't work with the foot/ankle.

Hey guys just need advice. Is the outsole on these durable? I play on outdoor courts so was hoping to buy something that can last a fair bit

Hey guys just need advice. Is the outsole on these durable? I play on outdoor courts so was hoping to buy something that can last a fair bit

Don't do it.
I think that recent shoes from Adidas none are durable for outdoor. Your can use Rose 773 4, I think that is the best for outdoor right now.

The Rose 7 look killer. Picked up the 6 in the black/red coloraways for $75 and couldn't be happier

PE
derrick-rose-of-the-chicago-bulls-drives-to-the-basket-during-a-game-picture-id519675020

Is anyone know how to clean the upper side of home cw?

A bit annoyed that the colour becomes grey-ish coz of the dust and people step on it in the court.

Just found a pair of 773 iv for $50!!!

Should I cop or wait for Lillards to go on sale? (lillard is still full price)

How does the 773 compare to Lillards?

Lillards are basically twice the price, is the performance difference worth it?

Are 773s a performance/takedown model? I thought it was like a lifestyle shoe?

Yeah they're a performance model. Usually a team shoe (high schoo/college).

The Lakeshore is the lifestyle model.

Just got back from the Adidas outlet store...I really don't understand their pricing.

They had three color ways of the Rose 5...all priced 89.99

They had 3 color ways of the 773 4...priced between 79.99 - 89.99

They had pairs of the Lillard 1...can't remember how many...priced 89.99 as well.

The weird part? The had a pair of the prime knit Rose 6's for 59.99 (I got my pair of Chicago lux from the same store I dunno how many months ago for the same price)

The even weirder part? They had the at least 2 color ways of the Lillard 2 for 39.99...not a typo

Just got back from the Adidas outlet store...I really don't understand their pricing.

They had three color ways of the Rose 5...all priced 89.99

They had 3 color ways of the 773 4...priced between 79.99 - 89.99

They had pairs of the Lillard 1...can't remember how many...priced 89.99 as well.

The weird part? The had a pair of the prime knit Rose 6's for 59.99 (I got my pair of Chicago lux from the same store I dunno how many months ago for the same price)

The even weirder part? They had the at least 2 color ways of the Lillard 2 for 39.99...not a typo
Does this location ship? What color were the lillards?

Back
Top Bottom