OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

that metal box
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by robxdrew

I would love a pair, but 200 USD on AF1s? 
laugh.gif

-Drew
Nobody is crazy about the price tag, but if ppl are dropping $180 retail (and double that on resale) for plastic Concords whose quality was outdone by Olympias in 1989, or $200+ for the gaudy eyesores caricaturing the foamposite line, then what's wrong with $200 for a classic shoe, in a classic colorway, with limited numbers and high quality materials. ...I mean, why is MSRP on these any more outrageous than any of countless other nonsense Nike produces and the sheep eat up?

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

laugh.gif

-Drew
Nobody is crazy about the price tag, but if ppl are dropping $180 retail (and double that on resale) for plastic Concords whose quality was outdone by Olympias in 1989, or $200+ for the gaudy eyesores caricaturing the foamposite line, then what's wrong with $200 for a classic shoe, in a classic colorway, with limited numbers and high quality materials. ...I mean, why is MSRP on these any more outrageous than any of countless other nonsense Nike produces and the sheep eat up?

My man here has a good point

am i allowed to ask if anyone is near a place that is getting them, and wouldn't mind grabbing me a pair to hit me up in my inbox?

Originally Posted by BigDaWg1688

laugh.gif

-Drew

My man here has a good point

He does have a valid point.

I can't speak for the people that go nuts for the Concords. I guess they just want a DS pair of a "classic" shoe that they've had memories in the past with. 
laugh.gif

Foamposites, I was ok dropping 200 on. My '11 Royal Foams may not be like the OGs, but they're still holding up extremely well. Especially with me beating down on them.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
I just can't justify my own self, spending 200+ on AF1s that are going to be "limited". Especially if they are going to crease up badly within the first wear.

-Drew

Originally Posted by Mr CoOrdinate

Yo CEE
Ill be shipping out to basic training and tech school monday At Lackland AFB for the Air Force, is that shop "Sole Boutique" anywhere close to it?
My tech school is like 4 months long, weekends off. If it is Id like to come by and check it out

not too far from Lackland, check us out we are on 4025 Broadway 

laugh.gif

-Drew

BIP, if you look at this shoe it doesn't really have much in common with an AF-1. It's overpriced, has a leather midsole, some fancy cloth type materials and those terrible waxed laces. Don't get me wrong, I have a few 'Supremes' in my collection but I got them for 1/4th to 1/5th of their asking price. 

I not a fan of the tiers (Basic, Premium, Supreme) as it's Nike's way of getting us to pay for leather/materials that should be standard and I feel that these just don't warrant the $200 price tag either.

I do however agree with you that paying $180+ for garbage JB retros and $200+ for low quality Foam reproductions is insane as well.

whats the price on the jacket ?
there not selling the jacket anywhere in nyc

there is a DL store selling the shoe but not the jacket 

anyone know where the jacket is being sold in nyc ?

Originally Posted by daantimpire

am i allowed to ask if anyone is near a place that is getting them, and wouldn't mind grabbing me a pair to hit me up in my inbox?

im in the same vote.  If anyone can help me get a pair please inbox me.

Picked up my size from Politics in Lafayette, LA. I was worried when I called and they said people had reserved the size 11s, but when I got there I found out they had accidentally crossed out the 11 from their list and there was still one left. I really like how lowkey these are and I can see myself wearing these long before I break out my concords. I may even wear them tonight.

Still trying to get myself to cop at $200...I just feel at that price point maybe I should get the Kobes...

Originally Posted by mints

Picked up my size from Politics in Lafayette, LA. I was worried when I called and they said people had reserved the size 11s, but when I got there I found out they had accidentally crossed out the 11 from their list and there was still one left. I really like how lowkey these are and I can see myself wearing these long before I break out my concords. I may even wear them tonight.
You from Lafayette? I live in Monroe, Im actually headed to Henderson in the AM

Originally Posted by CEE 82

For sure C. Hopefully Ill have a day or two in between and I can stop by. Looks like a nice place

Originally Posted by Mr CoOrdinate

Originally Posted by mints

You from Lafayette? I live in Monroe, Im actually headed to Henderson in the AM

Originally Posted by CEE 82

For sure C. Hopefully Ill have a day or two in between and I can stop by. Looks like a nice place

I'm from New Orleans, but my fiancé's family is from Lafayette. We come out to spend a few days every few months and it's made me get on a friendly basis with all the shops between here and New Orleans. 

Darkside SF dropping them this Saturday. We will also carry the limited Destroyer jacket as well. Photos up on the blog.

BERT

Anyone else in San Antonio getting these? Im sure Austin has a line outside of NiceKicks by now...

Originally Posted by DJBBert

Darkside SF dropping them this Saturday. We will also carry the limited Destroyer jacket as well. Photos up on the blog.

BERT

how pairs they got?

Back
Top Bottom