OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

UBIQ.... Only has size 10.5 and 14 left.
21MERCER aint picking up for me!!!!!

I gotta hunt down a size12!

you know when 21 mercer is doing phone orders on a so called limited release
the shoe did not sell as expected

I'm glad I got my pair on lock at HOH on 34th St. They open 2 hours before 21 Mercer. Lol.

It was pretty brick out in NY this morning.

Yes Kev let me know if you swing by SF. For those looking for pairs Darkside SF has a few sizes left 8, 9.5, 10, 12( No plastic sleeve on box for sz. 12). In terms of destroyer jacket, only Medium n Large left. Just trying to help NT heads who didn't get a pair

BERT 1

will do bbert!
i have the shoes but to tell the truth, the jacket looks way better. too bad i'm kinda broke right now.

Originally Posted by FLATFOOT888

also means they didn't think it was worth keeping in the back and bringing 2 fsrs to fcny in a month or 2 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

also means they didn't think it was worth keeping in the back and bringing 2 fsrs to fcny in a month or 2 
laugh.gif

It would not shock me if that happenGlad I don't want or need every single release anymore 

honestly m still on the fence for these... i kinda want em just coz... but they arent dat appealing to me... specially not for 2 bills

whats the price on the jacket ?
there not selling the jacket anywhere in nyc

there is a DL store selling the shoe but not the jacket 

anyone know where the jacket is being sold in nyc ?

$500 A little too much for me.

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Originally Posted by robxdrew

I would love a pair, but 200 USD on AF1s? 
laugh.gif

-Drew
Nobody is crazy about the price tag, but if ppl are dropping $180 retail (and double that on resale) for plastic Concords whose quality was outdone by Olympias in 1989, or $200+ for the gaudy eyesores caricaturing the foamposite line, then what's wrong with $200 for a classic shoe, in a classic colorway, with limited numbers and high quality materials. ...I mean, why is MSRP on these any more outrageous than any of countless other nonsense Nike produces and the sheep eat up?

BIP, if you look at this shoe it doesn't really have much in common with an AF-1. It's overpriced, has a leather midsole, some fancy cloth type materials and those terrible waxed laces. Don't get me wrong, I have a few 'Supremes' in my collection but I got them for 1/4th to 1/5th of their asking price. 

I not a fan of the tiers (Basic, Premium, Supreme) as it's Nike's way of getting us to pay for leather/materials that should be standard and I feel that these just don't warrant the $200 price tag either.

I do however agree with you that paying $180+ for garbage JB retros and $200+ for low quality Foam reproductions is insane as well.

I feel you, Mr. Voo. Honestly, I was kind of tempted on these. I really disliked leather midsoles in general though. Luckily I got drunk last night and forgot about the release in the morning so I didn't even really have to make a decision. I kind of wanted them - but I also had a feeling I'd have buyer's remorse had I done that. So, save that cash, and it's more money to hunt vintage pairs.

Originally Posted by I MRDR PEEPS 4 FUN

whats the price on the jacket ?
there not selling the jacket anywhere in nyc

there is a DL store selling the shoe but not the jacket 

anyone know where the jacket is being sold in nyc ?

$500 A little too much for me.
That's the same boat I find myself in, if they had a less expensive version of the jacket (as they have done in the past with stuff like that) I might consider it. Hell I'd probably even spring for a cool print on a tee. While the Destroyer jackets are well built, it doesn't get cold often enough where I live to spend that kind of money on a jacket.

The jacket is more limited than the shoes itself. The details on the destroyer is crazy. Embroidery on the back and crazy design on the inside. In terms of price, the jacket is $500. Compared to a regular destroyer with leather sleeves which runs you $450 retail.

Originally Posted by DJBBert

The jacket is more limited than the shoes itself. The details on the destroyer is crazy. Embroidery on the back and crazy design on the inside. In terms of price, the jacket is $500. Compared to a regular destroyer with leather sleeves which runs you $450 retail.

They run a little small so beware if your placing a phone order.

Originally Posted by vood99

Nobody is crazy about the price tag, but if ppl are dropping $180 retail (and double that on resale) for plastic Concords whose quality was outdone by Olympias in 1989, or $200+ for the gaudy eyesores caricaturing the foamposite line, then what's wrong with $200 for a classic shoe, in a classic colorway, with limited numbers and high quality materials. ...I mean, why is MSRP on these any more outrageous than any of countless other nonsense Nike produces and the sheep eat up?

BIP, if you look at this shoe it doesn't really have much in common with an AF-1. It's overpriced, has a leather midsole, some fancy cloth type materials and those terrible waxed laces. Don't get me wrong, I have a few 'Supremes' in my collection but I got them for 1/4th to 1/5th of their asking price. 

I not a fan of the tiers (Basic, Premium, Supreme) as it's Nike's way of getting us to pay for leather/materials that should be standard and I feel that these just don't warrant the $200 price tag either.

I do however agree with you that paying $180+ for garbage JB retros and $200+ for low quality Foam reproductions is insane as well.

I feel you, Mr. Voo. Honestly, I was kind of tempted on these. I really disliked leather midsoles in general though. Luckily I got drunk last night and forgot about the release in the morning so I didn't even really have to make a decision. I kind of wanted them - but I also had a feeling I'd have buyer's remorse had I done that. So, save that cash, and it's more money to hunt vintage pairs.

The shoe flopped (or didn't do as well as Nike projected it would). 
laugh.gif

The 200 dollar price tag killed it. 
 -Drew

i rather have the jacket then the shoes to tell you the truth but nowhere in nyc had the jacket that i knew of

Back
Top Bottom