OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I know I ain't the only one dissappointed with how this 35th anniversary is going
Has Nike even acknowledged it being the AF1 30th anniversary???

I know I ain't the only one dissappointed with how this 35th anniversary is going
Has Nike even acknowledged it being the AF1 30th anniversary???

Nike is a complete 'ish show at this point. They literally do not give a damn about their products.

That said, the 30th anniversary was way quiet as there were a few joints with the XXX boxes.

I honestly didn't even remember it being the 35th anniversary. :lol:

Buying a pair of white Forces never feels the same without that orange box it use to come with

:nthat: to UNDS'ing a pair of All-Whites from the OG orange box

Not all AF1s in orange box were created equally my man. I joined Nike in '03 and that's whey they started running synthetic leather on alot of their high demand products.

Don't get me wrong, but the build quality and synthetic leather on that White/White Low from '05 is still better than the plastic trash they run presently. But it's still not as good as a pre-'03 White/White low in the same orange box.

Crazy how we took that quality for granted back then. When I touch shoes now if I'm at the mall, I'm amazed by how far the quality fell off. It kills any desire to buy.

:lol: i go to sn.com
and see this on the first page

NIKE CELEBRATES 45TH ANNIVERSARY OF CORTEZ WITH TRIBUTE TO LONG BEACH COUNTY
MAY 15TH, 2017 BY SNEAKER NEWS

There’s no sneaker in history that represents a specific region so rigidly like the Cortez does with Los Angeles. This classic running shoe has become synonymous with LA gang culture for decades, and this upcoming release for the shoe’s 45th Anniversary may be an indirect homage to the Crips, the Los Angeles-based gang known for its signature blue colors. This “Long Beach County” version features special “LBC” embroidering on the heel with special insoles that commemorate the 45th Anniversary, which only suggests a much larger celebration of the shoe this Summer.Expect the Nike Cortez XLV “Long Beach County” to release on Nike.com on June 1st.

wm1ogk.jpg

[emoji]128293[/emoji]

Last edited:

Buying a pair of white Forces never feels the same without that orange box it use to come with

nthat.gif
to UNDS'ing a pair of All-Whites from the OG orange box
Not all AF1s in orange box were created equally my man. I joined Nike in '03 and that's whey they started running synthetic leather on alot of their high demand products.

Don't get me wrong, but the build quality and synthetic leather on that White/White Low from '05 is still better than the plastic trash they run presently. But it's still not as good as a pre-'03 White/White low in the same orange box.
Funny enough, I actually stopped buying fresh Forces around 2003 (mostly due to being a young high school freshman with no $$$).

The orange box just brings me back to the nostalgia of the 2001-2002, back when Nelly and HOV was hyping up Forces all over the place..........and AF1 were selling out as quickly as an Adidas Ultraboost sells out today.

And yes, the pre-03 all White lows had that good material leather on it.......I concur

Funny enough, I actually stopped buying fresh Forces around 2003 (mostly due to being a young high school freshman with no $$$).

The orange box just brings me back to the nostalgia of the 2001-2002, back when Nelly and HOV was hyping up Forces all over the place..........and AF1 were selling out as quickly as an Adidas Ultraboost sells out today.

And yes, the pre-03 all White lows had that good material leather on it.......I concur

Yes Sir, the orange boxes with the labeling that had the big font are the joints you want. I think Nelly really over-exposed the AF1 and that's when the quality started going downhill.

Back
Top Bottom