OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Sold out everywhere I've checked, just hoping for a US release at this point.

Save your money, they are not all that. Having the black pair I’m not that impressed with the fly leather material and the fit of the sneaker is awkward because of the lacing system. It’s not so bad with the highs because there is at least a strap.

Last edited:
The ACW AF lo's are really wierd. I've never been so confused with a shoe.
Materials i'm not that nitpicky with because it works well with the concept and design ethos of Samuel Ross,
But the lacing system lacks the lock down that would otherwise would have determine your usual half down AF1 sizing.
I tried on TTS, Half size down, 1 full size down. (obviously what my foot can slide into easily)
and ALL of them resulted in heel slippage of varying degrees.
Still gonna beat the shoe up tho because it's still fire.

Haven’t seen ACW on foot shot. And yeah don’t understand where the laces end up

upload_2018-12-24_21-11-43.png

They seem like basic seemless lasered AF1s from the early laser days. Nothing new, just 15 years late to the party.

He mentions an AF1 high with more “ground breaking” deconstructed looks. Have pics of those leaked? Aside from that the interview just sounds like meandering cliches and buzz words. Don’t mean that in a negative way, just not something that resonates with me

Me and my younger brother compared our new AF1 pickups. He got the black off whites for retail and i got these for 65 dollars. I think i won but you cant tell the younger kids nothin.
upload_2018-12-24_20-26-5.jpeg
the disgust i had getting home
after buying these on release day
and REALLY looking these over

^ Do you also get heel slippage? I guess that's the con of having such a lacing mechanism.
I'm considering to punch a couple 1 or 2 sets of extra laces holes in the middle really.

IMG_3666.JPG

Christmas Eve delivery: A Cold Wall x Air Force 1.
Won the SNS raffle for the black pair. Went with usual Nike true to size 10.5. Exact width and almost about extra thumb in length.
The simplified lacing system does create a little loose fit, but the padded upper heel helps. Always interesting to see how designers reinterpret classic shoe silhouettes. ACW is very simple deconstructed look. Clean and could be a regular beater in the Collection rotation.

^ Do you also get heel slippage? I guess that's the con of having such a lacing mechanism.
I'm considering to punch a couple 1 or 2 sets of extra laces holes in the middle really.

Yes i do get some heel slippage. Even after going down half a size from my true size to a 9. Hope it gets better as the toe box breaks in for more flex.

Back
Top Bottom