OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

TBH, have never heard the term “Tuskegee” before these pack and never knew what Taskegee Airman actually was until few minutes ago till I googled. It’s probably because I’m from the small islands in the Far East that fought against USA & others during the time when Tuskegee Airman were active. So, although I could learn what Enora Gay and/or Little Boy was while in school, never had a chance to learn what Tuskegee Airman actually meant....
Ah
I see

^ Thanks for understanding my situation.
It’s almost a shame that no one was explaining what those “Tuskegee Airmen” actually mean even when these packs were available here. All the descriptions attached to them by then were something like “With the Shark nose illustration on the side of the toe, the pair is paying homage to US Air Force” basically and none explained any further. I know I would’ve searched like I did yesterday if some of those also contained the term “BHM”.

And it’s kind of ironic to learn that we’ve never heard of Tuskegee even though we were taught about 442nd Regimental Combat Team from the Army that also fought in Europe at the same time....

Well, I believe this is a good way to learn the history coz I know I won’t forget. Before making a comment yesterday, all I remembered was like it starts w/ the letter of T and ends with gee.

^ Thanks for understanding my situation.
It’s almost a shame that no one was explaining what those “Tuskegee Airmen” actually mean even when these packs were available here. All the descriptions attached to them by then were something like “With the Shark nose illustration on the side of the toe, the pair is paying homage to US Air Force” basically and none explained any further. I know I would’ve searched like I did yesterday if some of those also contained the term “BHM”.

And it’s kind of ironic to learn that we’ve never heard of Tuskegee even though we were taught about 442nd Regimental Combat Team from the Army that also fought in Europe at the same time....

Well, I believe this is a good way to learn the history coz I know I won’t forget. Before making a comment yesterday, all I remembered was like it starts w/ the letter of T and ends with gee.
when u google the tuskegee experiment
u really gonna get thrown for a loop

we talking about the tuskegee airmen right now
dont try and devalue what they flew
aint no one said they were the only ones who flew that plane
Stand down fella.

Wasn't trying to discount what they did. Just giving him more information on the actual design of the shoe.

If he wants to learn more on the Tuskegee Airmen specifically then Redtails is worthy viewing.

1594167013942.jpeg

Ive learned a lot b/c of the stories behind sneakers. Particularly w/ the AF1. Nike has done a pretty good job paying homage and making art out of history & culture.

Ive learned a lot b/c of the stories behind sneakers. Particularly w/ the AF1. Nike has done a pretty good job paying homage and making art out of history & culture.

Curious of some examples. Was trying to think and nothing pops up that I've specifically learned from sneakers (story-wise).

Harlem Rens
Ethiopian Clowns (looking for a pair)
Kaepernick's
Remix Da Kickz
Tuckaseegee Airmen
Pan-African
De Lo Mio's
Some on & so forth.

I was talking about learning something for the first time, as in, being introduced via sneakers. I'm assuming you weren't introduced to Kaepernick and Tuskegee Air Men by sneakers. I hope.

I was talking about learning something for the first time, as in, being introduced via sneakers. I'm assuming you weren't introduced to Kaepernick and Tuskegee Air Men by sneakers. I hope.
Actually, that is how I learned about the Tuskegee Airmen, most of the things regarding history was self-discovered.

Thought I missed out, randomly browsing footlocker AU and saw them sitting. Happy with this pair even though there are glue stains.

Attachments

• 2171F2F7-F6D1-4411-8A7B-00461902A9E8.jpeg
    2171F2F7-F6D1-4411-8A7B-00461902A9E8.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 206
Back
Top Bottom