OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

I'll try for them but honestly the big Taiwan-esque Swoosh doesn't do it for me. I know most like it but I've never been a fan of it. Interested in the Nike x Kith apparel more, honestly.

I don’t own anything from Kith besides a pair of Lebron collabs, but is the brand really that looked down upon?
I didn't realize there was that much hate. I didn't realize people felt that strongly against any clothing brand honestly. Their core stuff is really good quality though and I'll continue to wear it. I live in their long sleeve JFK shirts in the winter. I buy every color every year bc they are so nice. Very minimal branding too. Ronnie can be lame at times but I appreciate the quality of the shirts. I'll take that over a Gildan or Hanes tee with a logo slapped on it.

1608082662870.jpeg

1608082688804.jpeg

1608082707785.jpeg

Kith does seem to be pushing rly hard as of late. Messed w the NYY collab and will for the AF1s. Absolutely could’ve lived without the Kith branding on the tongue tag :sick:

Kith does seem to be pushing rly hard as of late. Messed w the NYY collab and will for the AF1s. Absolutely could’ve lived without the Kith branding on the tongue tag :sick:
This except I hadn't with the Rights stuff instead of the Yanks. There was also a recent lucky charms bandana hoodie I like.

I don’t own anything from Kith besides a pair of Lebron collabs, but is the brand really that looked down upon?
Yup. They're new school and bite off of everything and everyone that came before them but act like they've been around. I saw this comment on hypebeast.com that said it better than I can: "kith was founded in 2011. they are trying to fabricate heritage by collabing with early 2000s rappers [regarding the lookbook with juelz santana, jim jones, camron] - fam ... yall didn't exist back then. with supreme, collabs like this feel credible and timely, whereas with kith it feels forced and corny." Not to mention the word "Kith" itself just sounds bad spoken out loud. Some of the sneaker collabs are great but their clothing and logo is cookie cutter and unoriginal and they seem to collaborate with anything that has a pulse. I'll admit they've improved in the last few years, but only by copying other brands.

Yup. They're new school and bite off of everything and everyone that came before them but act like they've been around. I saw this comment on hypebeast.com that said it better than I can: "kith was founded in 2011. they are trying to fabricate heritage by collabing with early 2000s rappers [regarding the lookbook with juelz santana, jim jones, camron] - fam ... yall didn't exist back then. with supreme, collabs like this feel credible and timely, whereas with kith it feels forced and corny." Not to mention the word "Kith" itself just sounds bad spoken out loud. Some of the sneaker collabs are great but their clothing and logo is cookie cutter and unoriginal and they seem to collaborate with anything that has a pulse. I'll admit they've improved in the last few years, but only by copying other brands.
A guy that grew up in the 90s and 2000s can't do collabs from that era bc his business wasn't open then? I'm 42. Pac is my favorite musician ever. I can't do a Pac collab bc he died at 18 and I didn't have a business then? Weird take. Like I said earlier, Ronnie can be corny af at times but knocking him for taking inspiration from things from his youth seems weird to me. That post comes across as someone that buys chopsticks with a Supreme logo hating on another brand bc it's not their favorite brand.

Without Ronnie/ Kith I would've never gotten a pair of Linens. I can't speak too bad on them off that alone.

Quiet as kept this is the closest some of you guys will get to a pair of Taiwans.

I'm not cool with another Jew making millions off black and latino culture. There's already way too much of that in Hip Hop.

He has some nice clothes though, I see a lot of dope clothes and collabs. He just a sucka to me.

One thing I've said from day one, he and his brand know how to take pics. Their advertising and marketing is great, I love their pics.

I don't know if I'll go for them. I'm a huge Knicks fan so it's almost like a must. I would have liked a Knicks logo on the tongue instead. I only own two Kith items and they're both Timbs. I've seen some hoodies and jackets I like but the prices were too wild for me.

I'm not cool with another Jew making millions off black and latino culture. There's already way too much of that in Hip Hop.

He has some nice clothes though, I see a lot of dope clothes and collabs. He just a sucka to me.

One thing I've said from day one, he and his brand know how to take pics. Their advertising and marketing is great, I love their pics.

I don't know if I'll go for them. I'm a huge Knicks fan so it's almost like a must. I only own two Kith items and they're both Timbs. I've seen some hoodies and jackets I like but the prices were too wild for me.
The Kith filter is dangerous. them photos got any product looking desirable

A guy that grew up in the 90s and 2000s can't do collabs from that era bc his business wasn't open then? I'm 42. Pac is my favorite musician ever. I can't do a Pac collab bc he died at 18 and I didn't have a business then? Weird take. Like I said earlier, Ronnie can be corny af at times but knocking him for taking inspiration from things from his youth seems weird to me. That post comes across as someone that buys chopsticks with a Supreme logo hating on another brand bc it's not their favorite brand.
He can't pass it off as interesting, original, unique, or appealing. Everything he's done has been done. Like JPS said above me, that may be every streetwear brand ever - but by the 2010s the rest of the copycat brands were getting played out and phased out like the hundreds, clientele, aNYthing. I'll give him credit for his staying true to his "Just Us" mantra by way of how Kith's releases were kept just for employees and their friends/family. I remember going in 2016 with my homie because he wanted acronym prestos. We asked an associate, he said nah they sold out. Couple suits come up after us and ask the same question, dude magically finds pairs for them.

I just think Kith's employees, store, clothing, and brand name is wack and their shoe collabs are good.

He can't pass it off as interesting, original, unique, or appealing. Everything he's done has been done. Like JPS said above me, that may be every streetwear brand ever - but by the 2010s the rest of the copycat brands were getting played out and phased out like the hundreds, clientele, aNYthing. I'll give him credit for his staying true to his "Just Us" mantra by way of how Kith's releases were kept just for employees and their friends/family. I remember going in 2016 with my homie because he wanted acronym prestos. We asked an associate, he said nah they sold out. Couple suits come up after us and ask the same question, dude magically finds pairs for them.

I just think Kith's employees, store, clothing, and brand name is wack and their shoe collabs are good.
Oh I don't view it as some new groundbreaking and unique stuff at all. I don't mess with many of their collabs. I did the Biggie hoodie and the NYY stuff but I pass on most of the other stuff. I had a Coke rugby as a kid but no way I'd wear a Coke billboard now. I just like their core seasonal stuff bc it's good quality. If I could find who makes their JFK long sleeve shirts with no logo and buy cheaper, I would. It's just really nice stuff.

I'm not local so I don't deal with their stores but I get how the backdooring can be a turnoff.

Back
Top Bottom