OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Nah, they’re cosplaying as New Yorkers. :lol: The other one has a construction site vest on. 🦺

At least they didn’t take it to the level of Chicano cosplay. That’s next level fu**ery.

1632491836327.jpeg

1632491852728.jpeg

Throwing up the wrong sets too?:rofl:

The Cholos of Japan are some of the weirder cross cultural phenomena that I’ve seen. But it seems like they do it from a genuine appreciation for the aesthetic, so I don’t hate. They shouldn’t be claiming though. That’s ignorant.

I wonder if Shy Girl, Smiley, Angel and then have shown up in any manga. Would buy.

The Cholos of Japan are some of the weirder cross cultural phenomena that I’ve seen. But it seems like they do it from a genuine appreciation for the aesthetic, so I don’t hate. They shouldn’t be claiming though. That’s ignorant.

I wonder if Shy Girl, Smiley, Angel and then have shown up in any manga. Would buy.

Its not my culture, so I can’t speak to their appreciation of it, but I know how I feel when people OD on acting like what they consider AA culture. It’s one thing if they grew up around AAs, but another when they’re from nowhere near anyone AA and start with the Hip Hop slang. If I had a dollar for every “my brother” or weird gesture I’ve gotten in corporate offices, I’d make another few pairs of NBYs.

Its not my culture, so I can’t speak to their appreciation of it, but I know how I feel when people OD on acting like what they consider AA culture. It’s one thing if they grew up around AAs, but another when they’re from nowhere near anyone AA and start with the Hip Hop slang. If I had a dollar for every “my brother” or weird gesture I’ve gotten in corporate offices, I’d make another few pairs of NBYs.

Well, it is my culture, but I can only voice my own opinion. I don’t speak for all Chicanos. And I certainly don’t speak for Cholos.

I do think that there’s a substantial difference in the context that might inform how we view other peoples’ adoption of our culture. Japanese people and Chicanos don’t have the same history or legacy of that history with each other as Black and white Americans do.

I just "bought" my 1st pair of shoes off StockX, croc Undefeated’s below retail.

Am I actually getting these shoes or can the seller back out?

I just "bought" my 1st pair of shoes off StockX, croc Undefeated’s below retail.

Am I actually getting these shoes or can the seller back out?
Seller can definitely not ship them out. But I would have to assume they knew they were taking a loss. Anyways shoes are fresh so under retail is a nice cop.

Back
Top Bottom