OFFICIAL AIR FORCE ONE THREAD!!!!!

Fun fact, for a while Nike stopped using 3M and used whatever generic or in-house reflective material. I think 3M has it in their terms that any nike using their products had to either say 3M or come with the hangtag. Would love it if someone could confirm this. I also don't know for sure if the older reflective models used 3M. But it's very possible that many retros in recent years are using a different brand of reflective material thus why we get different levels of reflection. I believe that's why it was a big deal to bring back the IDs with 3M in full branding.

Also notice how the "velcro" IDs don't say Velcro since that's a registered trademark of another brand - it's just hook and loop or w/e on ID.

edit: Ben Drury AM1 featured 3M hangtag
1612490134368.png

New non-ID 3M AF1s featuring branding
1612490250978.png

Yeah, 3M is like Gore-Tex business wise, where if you don't see the branding anywhere, it ain't it.

Nike used some generic reflective material on these Snakes.

I copped directly from my tier zero source who I get everything in bulk from.

I don’t bother with online raffles etc. main reason bearer I never win lmao

if you want them they should be easy to grab

And yes I resell but I’m also a collector and have been for decades ...

- Retro

All good, boss. Do your thing. I was just letting buddy know you won’t be giving up the source for obvious reasons. No shade intended.

For the life of me, I truly do not understand why Nike would release a holiday themed shoe literally right before or after said holiday :lol: makes no sense. I know this has happened plenty of times before but why?

For the life of me, I truly do not understand why Nike would release a holiday themed shoe literally right before or after said holiday :lol: makes no sense. I know this has happened plenty of times before but why?

i think the excuse now is just shipping issues. Alot of dates being pushed back for releases.

But in the past, who knows lol

I'm ok with less color options if the material is amazing. but if these are rubber leather forget it.

I don't think the Snakes are dim IMO. I think they shine like crazy but its not what 3M used to be. This is the same stuff they put on BM and FR V's from last year. Its not as hard plastic looking as BM's but more like the FR V tongue.

Back
Top Bottom