Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

What was the first one low and XIV you ever bought?
I never appreciated low 1s until recently. Was always a high guy. Believe it or not, my first 1 low I bought was the Ghost Green 1 from last year. I kick myself for not buying the OG 1 low original colors around 2015, the lows with the proper shape and build…although the materials aren’t good.

First XIV I ever bought is OG Last Shots.

Just copped the coral lows. They were kinda sitting at a local store out in Long Beach so I might go back and cop another pair, but I’m sorry, why tf is the box so comically big compared to the shoe?

Attachments

• D8A3CF12-B6FD-44F6-A58B-68F10D047E02.jpeg
    D8A3CF12-B6FD-44F6-A58B-68F10D047E02.jpeg
    446.4 KB · Views: 84
I never appreciated low 1s until recently. Was always a high guy. Believe it or not, my first 1 low I bought was the Ghost Green 1 from last year. I kick myself for not buying the OG 1 low original colors around 2015, the lows with the proper shape and build…although the materials aren’t good.

First XIV I ever bought is OG Last Shots.
This is my first pair, and I swear I feel the same way about not buying all the OG lows in 2015!! I was just talking with my wife about it.

Some quick pics for comparison between the 16’ og lows and the new ones. My biggest thing is the swoosh size, really wish they could have kept that the same. The toe shape is a bit more narrow but nothing that really bothers me. Mad at myself as well for not copping 10 pairs when they were at my Nike outlet back then lol
BEDCBFD4-A60B-484D-941E-6C3D9D7471E5.jpeg
496EE0F7-31D5-4CF8-827C-B05EE132A551.jpeg

Some quick pics for comparison between the 16’ og lows and the new ones. My biggest thing is the swoosh size, really wish they could have kept that the same. The toe shape is a bit more narrow but nothing that really bothers me. Mad at myself as well for not copping 10 pairs when they were at my Nike outlet back then lol
Thank you for these pics 🔥I never knew the swoosh was so gigantic on the older pairs! Is that how it’s supposed to be?

Thank you for these pics 🔥I never knew the swoosh was so gigantic on the older pairs! Is that how it’s supposed to be?
Unfortunately yeah lol, my only real gripe with these new og lows coming out. The 16’ swoosh damn near covers the entire side panel of the shoe smh. Got mine for about $70-$80 back then. Learned my lesson and doubled up this time around on these mystic navy’s

Have you got a chance to wear them? I'm curious how the leather creases compared to the 2016 one. My biggest complain on the 2016 ones are the cardboard leather toe.

leather on the blues is a bit better but there is an extra lace hole on the greys as well.

Unfortunately yeah lol, my only real gripe with these new og lows coming out. The 16’ swoosh damn near covers the entire side panel of the shoe smh. Got mine for about $70-$80 back then. Learned my lesson and doubled up this time around on these mystic navy’s
Yeah I noticed, I wish I could see some in person! I can’t believe how much bigger that swoosh is. I’m a little new to buying the lows, but I’m officially a fan now. When did those mystic navy’s drop? And it’s so weird that the leather was bad on the lows, because I loved the leather that came on the highs during those years.

EDIT: Just looked up and saw the mystic navy’s just dropped like 3 days ago smh gotta check my local spots to see if they still have them. We’re they a fairly easy cop?

The ‘15/16 lows are better in every way. They only needed to put better leather on them. There was no reason to change them. 🤦‍♂️

Who knows, maybe they are testing this mold out to see if this version will sell out or not.

They use the old molds on the Chinese New Year pairs
You’d be surprised on the stuff the pull. They only used the big swoosh on those. The rest of the shoe is actual the new pattern as it has only 7 eyelits. That front qtr panel with the three lace holes is wider like the newer og lows.

Why I pay attention to this, idk I’m sick in the head when it comes to little details lol. It’s like they did a phase-in to the new pattern.

You’d be surprised on the stuff the pull. They only used the big swoosh on those. The rest of the shoe is actual the new pattern as it has only 7 eyelits. That front qtr panel with the three lace holes is wider like the newer og lows.

Why I pay attention to this, idk I’m sick in the head when it comes to little details lol. It’s like they did a phase-in to the new pattern.
Yeah, I noticed they changed those too. Jerks.

Honestly, I don't really care. The shape is nice and the materials aren't bad. Of course, I'd rather the big swoosh, but it wasn't enough for me to not cop. Ironically, it was enough fir me not to cop the NGs and starfish. Something really didn't sit well with me on those, but I had to have mystic navy's (2 pairs) and a pair of corals. Will definitely be copping a pair or 2 of the UNCs also. These are straight up 🔥 no matter what!

Just copped the coral lows. They were kinda sitting at a local store out in Long Beach so I might go back and cop another pair, but I’m sorry, why tf is the box so comically big compared to the shoe?
Yes. Thank you for posting this. I wear a 13 and when I picked these up I definitely thought it was the wrong shoe. I asked to see the shoes just to make sure. I asked the guy about it and he said Everybody in the store thought they were sent the wrong shoe when they were opening up the boxes to unpack them because the boxes were not the normal size OG low box

Back
Top Bottom