Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Always assumed the swoosh and overall cut was identical to 2015. They also have the better toebox shape and 8 holes.

Were the 2015s labeled OG lows like releases are now? All of the trav 1s are labored OG high and low.

Edit: just checked and they are labeled OG

Trav lows took over the 2015-2016 OG low run. It wasn’t until the Koston SB lows, where the OG lows changed into the new shape and cut, with 7 lace holes, and the keto swoosh.

There might’ve been one OG low that weren’t the new shape that came out for CNY. I wanna say it was 2020, but def an odd occurrence

That shadow is leather or am I tripping
Could be, my point still stands. Trash material especially that fake weird *** black leather on the upper

If the grey is leather it’s 2 different leathers :lol:

Which is again, idiotic with this mismatch weird **** they’re doing with OG colorways

If I didn’t get my black toes for free I wouldn’t have spent $50 on em

85 lows>>>

I got $50 for the black toes…. 2 pair actually. But all the 85s getting copped.

Trav lows took over the 2015-2016 OG low run. It wasn’t until the Koston SB lows, where the OG lows changed into the new shape and cut, with 7 lace holes, and the keto swoosh.

There might’ve been one OG low that weren’t the new shape that came out for CNY. I wanna say it was 2020, but def an odd occurrence
This seems like a MAJOR regression from JB. I wonder why they did this?

Could be, my point still stands. Trash material especially that fake weird *** black leather on the upper

If the grey is leather it’s 2 different leathers :lol:

Which is again, idiotic with this mismatch weird **** they’re doing with OG colorways

If I didn’t get my black toes for free I wouldn’t have spent $50 on em

85 lows>>>
What do you dislike the most about black toes?

I love my 2015 Shadow Lows. Shape is fantastic, swoosh is fantasic, comfort is not there. ****s hurt my feet when I wear them now or any extended period of time. Love the materials and the comfort on the recent black toe lows, but we all want the bigger swoosh, and I feel like there is too much room above my toes that causes that white toebox leather to look SUPER wrinkled up immediately. Hoping the new Shadows are a compromise with the same comfort but some refinements to the shape.

I love my 2015 Shadow Lows. Shape is fantastic, swoosh is fantasic, comfort is not there. ****s hurt my feet when I wear them now or any extended period of time. Love the materials and the comfort on the recent black toe lows, but we all want the bigger swoosh, and I feel like there is too much room above my toes that causes that white toebox leather to look SUPER wrinkled up immediately. Hoping the new Shadows are a compromise with the same comfort but some refinements to the shape.
The comfort isn’t there on the 15 cause it’s terrible materials plain and simple. The leather in the toebox doesn’t flex cause it’s covered in plastic and a terrible cut.

The swoosh is what it is on the OG lows now but they hold up ok. Put some quality shoe trees in there after wear and the toe doesn’t end up looking bad in my experience. They don’t break in as nicely as the 85s but at least they break in.

There’s no world anyone is going to convince me the 2015s were good just because they had a big swoosh.

Since I stumbled upon the OG Low path, I have basically retired all my High's.

There is just something wrong and weird looking (atleast to me) when a 5'11, 200 pound man with a size 12 wears a high top shoe. Don't know why, it just looks off to me 😅

You wouldn't happen to wear no show socks would you? I feel like guys like us be having fantastic calves and low tops forever be in our favor. Granted, I personally still rock my highs.

Since I stumbled upon the OG Low path, I have basically retired all my High's.

There is just something wrong and weird looking (atleast to me) when a 5'11, 200 pound man with a size 12 wears a high top shoe. Don't know why, it just looks off to me 😅
Haven’t worn my highs in almost 2 years

Lows def better and cleaner but not good OG colireags

Like an idiot thru a weird phase sold all my 2015/16 lows

Haven’t worn my highs in almost 2 years

Lows def better and cleaner but not good OG colireags

Like an idiot thru a weird phase sold all my 2015/16 lows
I think high tops in general are out of style rn. Younger fashion/market influencers and celebs seem to be gravitating towards boots for high tops and also towards low top sneakers.

Not really surprising since sambas and Salomons were really popular last year and 550s and Jordan 4s the year before. Seems like ASICS and Hoka runners and Nike Vomeros (to a lesser extent) are having a moment rn but the one thing all of these shoes have in common is that none of them are true high tops.

i still wear high top 1s, just not nearly as often as i used to. not because im less interested in the pairs i have but because theres so many more options now than i didnt have in 2018-2022. i am definteley wearing more 1 lows for sure, but im also wearing 2s a lot more, some 4s a lot more, and air ships too. nike putting more efforr in improved shapes and in some cases materials has pushed a lot of other models up. but thats for the shoes already in my closet.

Been wearing my highs less and less these days. Easier to throw some lows on and head out.
Same. I’m a geriatric millennial. Lows look way more casual and easier to dress with for me these days.

It was a good run. It’s time to hang up these highs in the rafters. Gen Z can have them now 😔👨🏼‍🦳

#WashedLife

If they give us the trinity plus the black toes in the ‘85 low cut, I’ll probably never wear the highs again. Hate having to wipe the glitter off before I wear them.

Back
Top Bottom