Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I lined up at a Footaction this morning for a reserve a pair, and this guy sold his ghost chair for $30.

People in back of me were getting mad, but I was getting my size so I really didn't care. Oh, this happened in Inglewood, Ca. so crazy **** does down here on a daily basis.
There is nothing more annoying than seeing a dozen ghost chairs 
mean.gif

So I lined up at a Footaction this morning for a reserve a pair, and this guy sold his ghost chair for $30.

People in back of me were getting mad, but I was getting my size so I really didn't care. Oh, this happened in Inglewood, Ca. so crazy **** does down here on a daily basis.
'

As if Footlocker/Footaction/Champs employees didn't already feel superior enough, they keep riding their high horses with these raffle tickets.

Some store managers are cool but other are freakin' snobs.

Oh and "Ghost Chairs" really? I know it's Inglewood but damn.

Last edited:

I thought they were bout that life in the wood :smh:

The mangers are cool at the Footaction in Inglewood, unlike some other managers I've ran into. At least the guy only had one ghost chair, but he was saying how he's been to the pen and if anything happens he's gonna shut the release down and start fighting.

The mangers are cool at the Footaction in Inglewood, unlike some other managers I've ran into. At least the guy only had one ghost chair, but he was saying how he's been to the pen and if anything happens he's gonna shut the release down and start fighting.

Never understood people like that. Been to jail and having to deal with all that bs, but will risk more trouble over some damn shoes..smh:smh:

at $170 you can't even just buy the shoe for the hell of it anymore... you have to seriously contemplate "am I really gonna get solid wears out of this thing?"

my answer: nope

passing on a butchered classic :x

I think that's how one should approach any shoe, but your point is lacking. These were $150 in 1997. Fast forward 15 years and in real dollars a $150 release would now be a $213 release based on the consumer price index. The XIII, even at $170, remains one of the most reasonable retros, arguably one of only 2-3 that is cheaper today than it was upon release.

But hey, go on pushing imaginary "facts".

Also, I might add: if you think this is a butchered classic, you aren't the least bit objective about what makes for butchering a retro. The leather might not be the same thickness or grain quality used in 1997, but those days are long gone on most retros (and most sneakers in general). There's no glaring differences between this retro and the OG, and as far as Jordan retros go, this one is far closer and with far less changes than most. Just move on if you are done with the brand and retros, but don't come in here making points that aren't rooted in reality and can't be taken seriously.

okay little boy, let's play...

1) regarding price point, your argument is invalid... it does not matter what previous retail price points were, $170 is $170, and the consumer index ESTIMATING a $213 cost does not make it 'cheaper today than it was upon release'... it means that the shoe is $170 today, plain and simple.

2) why assume I am done with retros? I love the shoes that I purchase, and wear them with pride. "the leather might not be the same, those days are long gone on most retros", so does that justify purchasing whatever comes out and living with it? nah son, the consumer ALWAYS has the choice to purchase a shoe or not, and for ME, the CONSUMER, I like the 13 to play hoops in. These were tanks on the court, and the retro version is not made to play hoops in, therefore IN MY OPINION they butchered a classic... these were one of my favorite shoes that I played hoops in when I was in high school, yeah the OG version that probably came out when you were born.

you want these shoes? buy them... if not, don't... either way, find something to do with your time rather than attempt to play lawyer with my posts...

have a great day 8)...

Couple things...

1) With the past few releases a lot of people have brought up the quality a lot..."how does it compare with 2010" etc, etc etc...I feel its unnecessary...Just accept what you receive

2) If you say "local" FNL or FTL or whatever...can you provide a city perhaps just to inform others

Hope i luck up on a pair come saturday

Hey thanks for the heads up on this!! I will look in to this store as well....The website says they do phone orders...hmmmm themm opening so late makes me nervous....they may be a plan B

They open at 12 every day and you wont get a new release over the phone at Wish

1) regarding price point, your argument is invalid... it does not matter what previous retail price points were, $170 is $170, and the consumer index ESTIMATING a $213 cost does not make it 'cheaper today than it was upon release'... it means that the shoe is $170 today, plain and simple.

2) why assume I am done with retros? I love the shoes that I purchase, and wear them with pride. "the leather might not be the same, those days are long gone on most retros", so does that justify purchasing whatever comes out and living with it? nah son, the consumer ALWAYS has the choice to purchase a shoe or not, and for ME, the CONSUMER, I like the 13 to play hoops in. These were tanks on the court, and the retro version is not made to play hoops in, therefore IN MY OPINION they butchered a classic... these were one of my favorite shoes that I played hoops in when I was in high school, yeah the OG version that probably came out when you were born.

you want these shoes? buy them... if not, don't... either way, find something to do with your time rather than attempt to play lawyer with my posts...

have a great day 8)...

The classic "little boy" retort. Yup, you caught me. I only had 3 pairs of XIII that I played basketball in during 1997-1998. Clearly I have no frame of reference here. You're whining about a $20 increase over 15 years when the cost of living in this country has gone up by about 3x that much. You have no leg to stand on.

As far as playing hoops in retros, again, this isn't some quick change that happened overnight. They aren't being purchased by the vast majority of consumers as a performance shoe. You haven't even held them, put your feet in them, etc. and you're knocking them as unacceptable to play in. What Jordan retro is acceptable to play in? What is it specifically that you've seen about these that makes them so horrible?

Just keep it moving, your entire post is laughable, and you just come off as a whiney loser as others have pointed out.

Last edited:

have a great day 8)...

The classic "little boy" retort. Yup, you caught me. I only had 3 pairs of XIII that I played basketball in during 1997-1998. Clearly I have no frame of reference here. You're whining about a $20 increase over 15 years when the cost of living in this country has gone up by about 3x that much. You have no leg to stand on.

As far as playing hoops in retros, again, this isn't some quick change that happened overnight. They aren't being purchased by the vast majority of consumers as a performance shoe. You haven't even held them, put your feet in them, etc. and you're knocking them as unacceptable to play in.

Just keep it moving, your entire post is laughable, and you just come off as a whiney loser as others have pointed out.

lol... glad you are a grown man and not a kid behind a keyboard...

I am not whining about the price point, $170 is an easily affordable price for me... but for a basketball shoe that I can't hoop in, these are a no go. Mostly all other retros that I recently purchased (royals, 88 threes, 4s, etc) were not shoes that I have nor ever will hoop in, like you mentioned 'not a performance shoe', so it was easy for me to justify my purchase... the 13s however? as mentioned before, are a performance model IMO

and not that it matters (because I do not want to go back and forth arguing about SHOES) but I did hold these in my hand, try them on, and I don't like the feel of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom