Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ill have these but lol at the people still *****ing about the breds quality this year who cares bro the quality on my pair is just fine along wit plenty pther pairs i seen

broke out the OG out of the box... still got niketown receipt and catalog.
smile.gif

hologram needs a little bit of blow drying besides that everything is on point.
2v8smll.jpg
Gorgeous.

Since nothing real major is releasing in March (except the possible restock of the 88 WCs), I believe everyone will try to be gunning for these.

Only Spizikes and XX8s come out this Saturday.

Gotta check out my spots this week and next week to see if their shipments will be coming in.

I cannot get shut out on this release.

Eggplant Barkley Posites are the March "Beauty of the Month" :smokin

Admittedly, this was my favorite part of the movie, when Denzel was buying these, but I hate that these are dubbed the "He Got Game" XIII. Space Jams make sense to me, cause even in 96 they were referred to as that. I know I'm not alone in this thought.

i updated the title to have the release date and got rid of the cheesy nickname.

please keep this thread on track guys. i will be patrolling this thread more and more as we get closer to the release.

thanks.

can't lie, when i bought these in 97 thought they didn't look that good (bought jordans every year regardless).  Thought the tongue was too big, hologram was ugly, etc.  The shoe was really nice to ball in though, and the look eventually grew on me.. I can't be the only one who didn't like the 13s when they were first released, i'm man enough to admit it lol.. hopefully i can cop on 3/16. 
When this shoe initially came out, I didn't feel them either. Now, the nostalgia builds, and all these years later, they have grown on me. I remember playing ball back in HS on my team. The White and Reds and "Breds" hadn't dropped yet. Kids got tired of the Black/White colorway and painted the White on the shoe to Red with a marker. I couldn't believe it.

XIIIs were fire for me but the later colors are what really set the shoe off for me.

The black/reds and playoffs were/are fire.

This colorway was an acquired taste. I actually never had the OGs. Just the CDP but I did have the OG white/reds and playoffs. Flints were cool but black/reds and playoffs are my fav color XIIIs

XIIIs were fire for me but the later colors are what really set the shoe off for me.

This colorway was an acquired taste. I actually never had the OGs. Just the CDP but I did have the OG white/reds and playoffs. Flints were cool but black/reds and playoffs are my fav color XIIIs
White and Red are my favorites on these. I used to like the Flints when they first came out. Not so much anymore.

^^^ i remember selling penny candy for 5 cents at school so i can get my GS pair for $100 - 10% B average student discount.

times have changed :D

Ah yes, back when getting good grades could get you some new shoes or that Starter jacket you were after. Those were the days.

changing the title 3 weeks before release isnt gonna do much..the nickname has stuck..the blogs are using it and local nikestores will be for RSVP.

Can't believe I actually clowned a friend of mine is HS for rocking these when they first came out. I eventually wound up liking the playoff version but I think I got something else at the time. Also at the time, I liked the women's XIII better than this CW.

I have no problem with these being called the "He Got Games"

I remember when Jordan Brand came out. Slam magazine did a player piece on all its members and they spoke about the first pair of Js they owned etc.

These of course got hype because they were Jordan's, but He Got Game, does provide an identity behind the shoe. It was the first big Spike Lee movie in years. Spike was always a pivotal figure in Air Jordans. From She's Gotta Have It, to the Mars commercials, Do the Right Thing etc.

The scene where Denzel is playing in the Coney Island park with the tape on his ankle is classic. You can dig through 15 year old magazines if you want and watch re-runs of bad Oprah shows, but He Got Game put it in a greater context. It was speaking on and to a culture. THE FIRST THING HE DOES IS BUY JORDANS AFTER GETTING RELEASED FROM PRISON!!

I have no problem with these being called the "He Got Games"

I remember when Jordan Brand came out. Slam magazine did a player piece on all its members and they spoke about the first pair of Js they owned etc.

These of course got hype because they were Jordan's, but He Got Game, does provide an identity behind the shoe. It was the first big Spike Lee movie in years. Spike was always a pivotal figure in Air Jordans. From She's Gotta Have It, to the Mars commercials, Do the Right Thing etc.

The scene where Denzel is playing in the Coney Island park with the tape on his ankle is classic. You can dig through 15 year old magazines if you want and watch re-runs of bad Oprah shows, but He Got Game put it in a greater context. It was speaking on and to a culture. THE FIRST THING HE DOES IS BUY JORDANS AFTER GETTING RELEASED FROM PRISON!!

Might as well call Pearl Foams by the same name by that logic, but I feel you.

Might as well call Pearl Foams by the same name by that logic, but I feel you.
Ha, yea. They're featured in the movie, but there isn't a whole seen where Ray showcases them at the sneaker store.

If you referred to them as the He Got Game Foams, I could live with it. lol

So glad someone changed the name of this thread. Yeah "he got game" was and still is a great movie and the white black 13 did have signifigance in the movie. But the shoe has never before until 2012 been referred to as "he got games". That's absurd to me. They have always been simply referred to as white/ black 13s. No sense in it being called anything other than that. To me it just add uneccessary hype and attention to a shoe that otherwise would not have as much. Thus making it easier for us all to copp. Now I gotta possibly fight through crowds of NEW so called sneakerheads that want these not only for the shoe itself but because they are now dubbed the "he got games". :smh: It's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom