Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I wasn't aware of the buy and sell thread. I was just trying to help someone else for close to what I paid for it. I'm not out to make money, or I'd put them on ebay as a pre-sale and sell them for alot more before they even release. Sorry guys, no harm was meant. I just saw that someone said they couldn't find a pair for under $300, and I've saw that ebay listings are ending around $350. 
wack!  they will go for around $200.00 to $225,00 by next week.  take that reseller **** up outta here!

Sorry, I wasn't aware of the buy and sell thread. I was just trying to help someone else for close to what I paid for it. I'm not out to make money, or I'd put them on ebay as a pre-sale and sell them for alot more before they even release. Sorry guys, no harm was meant. I just saw that someone said they couldn't find a pair for under $300, and I've saw that ebay listings are ending around $350. 
your good fam, just don't want you to get banned here
ohwell.gif

It's gonna be like that because it's the DAY of the release, and you know some nitwits will pay those prices. NTer's know better.

Dudes were trying to sell these right outside the stores for 300 and people were pulling out their wallets. The thirst was real. :smh:

This release was strangely easy for me especially since I'm in the Bay Area and it's never easy around here. Went 2/5 on raffles at the nearest mall. Walked in, picked up both sz. 10s and bounced. Not sure what to do with the extra pair. I'm thinking trade for something down the road. There were plenty of long faces desperately searching the mall, though. It's funny watching people who basically just showed up at 10A thinking they could scoop a pair. Long lines at the FCFS spots. Avoided walking past there with shoes in hand, LOL.

Don't even try to justify you trying to rape other NT members. Priority shipping is $10-14, insurance is $3 and I have no idea what in the hell you're talking about with self employment tax.
I ship all of the time, as we have a business. From where I live in Indiana, to California can easily cost $16-$19 for priority shipping, and then insurance will run you $4-$6 depending on the selling price. I insure the shoe for the full $275 and not retail. Self employment tax is what you pay if you own a business. My wife and I own a children's boutique, so our paypal account is a business account. At the end of the year we pay taxes on profits. We are taxed 15% for self employment. 

i had a experience where me and my boy waited on the olympic 7s and while in line, my boy decided to catch a attitude with the girl at the register for grabbing the wrong size. when she came out with his size and he paid his money we left. Later that day we looked at the shoes (stunt time lol) and we noticed two capitol Bs on the tags of his in red sharpie!!! OMG the laughs i got when i saw that. He called corporate and they said if he shipped shoes back with invoice they could get him the credit back for the purchase. Needless to say he still rocking legit b-grades. lmao

$275 MINUS $225(This is what I paid to get them, so I did not pay retail) is $50. Lets say shipping and insurance is $15-$20. Then paypal takes 3%, so theres nearly another $10. Then I pay 15% self employment tax on any profit over the true retail ($181.43 with tax). So selling them at $275 isnt benefiting me much at all. If anything, I may make $5-$10 if you want to crunch the numbers. Plus I still have to buy a box to double box the shoes. I know for some of the people hating on here, math probably isn't  their strong suit. Not trying to be rude, I just dont like people hating, when I was really trying to help someone not pay cut-throat ebay prices. 
lol get out of here with your logic to rip people off on a shoe that will be restocked.  smh I copped an extra pair and shipped them  double boxed for $200.00 this morning to my homeboy 2,000 miles away.   That's not making anything off of them.

$275 MINUS $225(This is what I paid to get them, so I did not pay retail) is $50. Lets say shipping and insurance is $15-$20. Then paypal takes 3%, so theres nearly another $10. Then I pay 15% self employment tax on any profit over the true retail ($181.43 with tax). So selling them at $275 isnt benefiting me much at all. If anything, I may make $5-$10 if you want to crunch the numbers. Plus I still have to buy a box to double box the shoes. I know for some of the people hating on here, math probably isn't  their strong suit. Not trying to be rude, I just dont like people hating, when I was really trying to help someone not pay cut-throat ebay prices. 
You know what the difference is? YOU paid $225. No one told you to do that. You're expecting everyone else to cover that cost. In the end, it doesn't matter how much it cost YOU, it's how much it costs the BUYER. It doesn't benefit anyone then. Doesn't matter how much money you make on it, because the NT'er is still paying that FULL amount over retail.

lol get out of here with your logic to rip people off on a shoe that will be restocked.  smh I copped an extra pair and shipped them  double boxed for $200.00 this morning to my homeboy 2,000 miles away.   That's not making anything off of them.
That was nice that you did that. You broke even...since I paid more for my shoes..and I have a business that I own, and actually pay taxes, then why is it bad that I'm charging pretty much exactly what it would cost for me to break even? I know you say get out of here with my logic, because most likely you cant comprehend things or are uneducated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom