Official: Air Jordan 18 Retro Releasing in 2018

Aw man. I just threw away my white/red pair. Tried them on and the whole red area on the midsole cracked like potatoe chips. More cheap white leather behind it. I need some more JB..
Sad these shoes cost too damb much. Might actually take mine to a shoe cobbler and see if they can fix it. I still wear my pair as beaters but that wasn’t my intention for this shoe. This shoe needs remastering with better logic when it comes to materials that support weight. I’d hate to see JB get played out prematurely because of quality. But the streets are talking, the recent fire red IV is evident of that.

We need OG 17 and 16s the worst rn. Can’t believe we’ve gotten retro 18s and 19s before those two. Although I’m not gonna complain about that, because 18s and 19s are two of my absolute favorite models.

I don’t even wanna think about how long I’m gonna have to wait for retro lows of 16-18 :smh: :nthat:

Oh I’m gonna complain... To drop both launch colors of the 18s, and the launch color of the 19, BUT TO KEEP THE COLLEGE BLUE 17s from us, when those were/still are so superior to those other two is a crime!

What my suspicion is, is Nike/JB know how great they are, and are saving them for 2022 and the 20 year Anniversary. We will see if they can executive on that at least.

Oh I’m gonna complain... To drop both launch colors of the 18s, and the launch color of the 19, BUT TO KEEP THE COLLEGE BLUE 17s from us, when those were/still are so superior to those other two is a crime!

What my suspicion is, is Nike/JB know how great they are, and are saving them for 2022 and the 20 year Anniversary. We will see if they can executive on that at least.
Yeah I really think they're holding back on a lot of great retros for no obvious reason. I feel like the first 3 to 4 colorways of every Jordan signature shoes should've been retro'd by now. Every two years, I'm tired of seeing either the grape 5, a bred 6, or an OG 4. Despite their mass consumers, we're their connoisseurs & enthusiast of the brand. I wish some type of voting system was developed...

12th grade me & xgirl at the time had the blue/black with the jordan fit. Came with a towel & suede brush, used to rock the towel around my neck and over my head. :emoji_expressionless:

White/blues were more popular tho, saw alot more catz with em.
Oh, you swore you were the hardest ninja at school when you had the towel over your head.

Jimmy Butler Bring Back the Air Jordan 18 for Veterans Day
jimmy-butler-air-jordan-18-veterans-day-pe.jpg

jimmy-butler-air-jordan-18-veterans-day-pe-front.jpg

1.PNG
These are really cool.

Beautiful - may I ask what a good price is? Also, interested in how the leather compares to suede. I only own the OG black and blues.
I was able to cop these for 200, which I think is a good price compare to how much a DS pair goes for. It took a while but I was finally able to find a pair.
The leather is definitely a bit stiff and looks like it will crease. I think the hardest part is trying to get your foot in without creasing the shoes back heel.

5D12B9F8-F78F-466C-9A4C-B8DC7E05E10E.jpeg
F1FAA460-AAC7-471B-A49E-826B96AFE3E7.jpeg
F0634FCD-8431-4C17-9A46-683E0565CF8A.jpeg
C3EB2287-3A39-4326-B81D-FF4E8AD9FAF8.jpeg
8CEF2977-F8FA-452A-B511-75BE93BD3F17.jpeg

17s are expensive to manufacture in OG form with the suitcase, etc. and they were probably testing the waters to see if they would sell for $250 with the, cheaper-to-produce, copper and bred retro+ cws. Given I and many others copped both of those pairs of DEEP discount, I doubt we’ll see the OG 17 retros anytime soon.

17s are expensive to manufacture in OG form with the suitcase, etc. and they were probably testing the waters to see if they would sell for $250 with the, cheaper-to-produce, copper and bred retro+ cws. Given I and many others copped both of those pairs of DEEP discount, I doubt we’ll see the OG 17 retros anytime soon.

Lol this is all terrible analysis on your part. The shoes cost $10 or less to make 🤣. Stop.

Lol this is all terrible analysis on your part. The shoes cost $10 or less to make 🤣. Stop.

As someone who has worked as an engineer in the sc industry, I can tell you that’s honestly not true at all. Specialization from lack of scale production itself increases production PPU costs since not all facilities can produce efficiently. You also absorb opportunity costs on the production investment vs producing better selling units. This is manufacturing 101.

As someone who has worked as an engineer in the sc industry, I can tell you that’s honestly not true at all. Specialization from lack of scale production itself increases production PPU costs since not all facilities can produce efficiently. You also absorb opportunity costs on the production investment vs producing better selling units. This is manufacturing 101.

OMFG... you have to be trolling. You really think JB didnt make a ton of profit off those pairs you bought for the low?? The low for you is still 10x minimum profit for them. It is absolutely worth their time and money to make the best 17, if they already made a ton off the worst OG 17.

Back
Top Bottom