Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Well i changed my mind and decided to try for these 
devil.gif

The only number that counts is the ms ping.....Unless you know exactly where nike servers are, than you can only use speedtest.net to estimate...Clicking the closest server to your computer will always show a super fast ping rate....Anything faster than 100ms is pretty good if your crossing the country...
I just HAD to register because of your stupid hypothesis. (Long-awaited, lazy registration)

Nike's revenue exceeds 20 BILLION yearly... You're telling me that a company with that much money won't spend SOME amount of money towards there website which I would say is there number one revenue stream right now.

The servers that Nike.com, NikeStore and anything within that realm is actually hosted in California (Palo Alto) in HP (Hewlett-Packard) HQ's. Now, with that said, regardless of where the server is located, Nike is a WORLDWIDE operation. People in UK will not be loading images and any site resources through Cali because Nike has the big bucks. Nike spends thousands and thousands for a CDN (Content Delivery Network). Basically, in short terms this copies all static resources (Images, JS, CSS etc...) and stores it in locations the CDN provider has. Nike uses Akamai (largest CDN in the world), has 37 locations around the world with top tier servers that cache and keep the resources. This means, you'll be loading almost EVERY site content from the nearest location of where you live. If you have a good upload speed, chances are your page will load a few milliseconds faster, webservers work as per load, so chances are the second that your page loaded... Several thousands of others did too.

With that said, I sure hope I can get to enjoy the community here. Cheers to my first post!

Alec 

Yeah except once you get them in your cart on NDC you got em, you can get a size in your cart on EB and lose it putting your info in...that sucks.

Yeah except once you get them in your cart on NDC you got em, you can get a size in your cart on EB and lose it putting your info in...that sucks.

But then again, it's hard to even get your size into the cart. Well most the time, not all the time. Luck of the draw for this tomorrow. GL to all!

A word of warning, anyone who attempts to post a hoax of false/misleading information will be banned from the site

If you see someone attempt it - and that includes anyone who assists with a hoax by quoting it and saying "copped", "GO GO GO", etc. - please report it to our staff by pressing the flag/report button beneath the post.  

We will remove all reported hoaxes, and the people responsible for them, from our forums as quickly as possible.  

Let's work together to keep NikeTalk for mature sneaker fans only.  

I definitely stopped after you banned me for doing that in the yeezy thread :lol:

View media item 253750

View media item 253778

The only number that counts is the ms ping.....Unless you know exactly where nike servers are, than you can only use speedtest.net to estimate...Clicking the closest server to your computer will always show a super fast ping rate....Anything faster than 100ms is pretty good if your crossing the country...
I just HAD to register because of your stupid hypothesis. (Long-awaited, lazy registration)

Nike's revenue exceeds 20 BILLION yearly... You're telling me that a company with that much money won't spend SOME amount of money towards there website which I would say is there number one revenue stream right now.

The servers that Nike.com, NikeStore and anything within that realm is actually hosted in California (Palo Alto) in HP (Hewlett-Packard) HQ's. Now, with that said, regardless of where the server is located, Nike is a WORLDWIDE operation. People in UK will not be loading images and any site resources through Cali because Nike has the big bucks. Nike spends thousands and thousands for a CDN (Content Delivery Network). Basically, in short terms this copies all static resources (Images, JS, CSS etc...) and stores it in locations the CDN provider has. Nike uses Akamai (largest CDN in the world), has 37 locations around the world with top tier servers that cache and keep the resources. This means, you'll be loading almost EVERY site content from the nearest location of where you live. If you have a good upload speed, chances are your page will load a few milliseconds faster, webservers work as per load, so chances are the second that your page loaded... Several thousands of others did too.

With that said, I sure hope I can get to enjoy the community here. Cheers to my first post!

Alec 

welcome, i hope you post more frequently, i like learning new things

As annoyed as I am by all this hype, uncertainty, and drama; it's part of the reason i love hunting sneakers. Good luck to everyone.

- Jason

P.S. This thread has been entertaining, thanks NT.

Last edited:
Going to be trying for these but not really tripping if I miss out since my 2011 pair are still DS... If I get lucky, I'll sell my 2011 pair to someone who missed out.

Back
Top Bottom