Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Overall it was a very disappointing day. I'm sort of new to these shoe releases and such and was wondering what the best tips people could give.

Foolishly I was awake at 3 am to get these shoes before realizing the release was at 3 pm.. On no sleep I waited to get them at the correct time and at a tab of every shoe site with 3 different devices running I was unsuccessful after 3 hours of constantly trying to add to cart and staring at finishlines sorry we suck page.

So clearly my method didn't work and was wondering what you all did that would be better. Thnks from the newbie

ya with two different transaction ids but i dont have a number from FNL yet just from paypal. I dont know, i might not even get any paris
If it's just two emails from PP then you're SOL like me son.

I got three of them.... 
tired.gif

Overall it was a very disappointing day. I'm sort of new to these shoe releases and such and was wondering what the best tips people could give.

Foolishly I was awake at 3 am to get these shoes before realizing the release was at 3 pm.. On no sleep I waited to get them at the correct time and at a tab of every shoe site with 3 different devices running I was unsuccessful after 3 hours of constantly trying to add to cart and staring at finishlines sorry we suck page.

So clearly my method didn't work and was wondering what you all did that would be better. Thnks from the newbie
patiently wait and cross your fingers

nah b.

View media item 255777

Last edited:

I have been pretty successful lately with some "tougher" online releases. The method I can suggest is follows.

1) Open all the sites in different tabs and log into your accounts at least an hour prior to release time, or you might not be able to get on. (you should have already created free member accounts and registered billing and shipping information if possible)

2) Open twitter and make sure you are following all the correct retailers carrying the product

3) Now it's time to decide on one primary source/retailer. Don't try to add your pair on 2 or 3 different sites/retailers on different tabs or devices (unless you have multiple people helping). Keep those tabs/links open, because they may come in handy later. In my experience it's best to just attempt with one retailer for the first 20 to 30 minutes. Eventually sites will temporarily crash, take longer to reply, etc. During that time you can attempt to throw pairs in carts with other retailers, because you might get lucky.

4) Keep an eye on twitter! Retailers will tweet as the run out of pairs, or sell out completely, but their webpage may not show that yet. No sense in trying if they're all gone, time to move on to another retailer. Also, retailers occasionally post that they have not sold out, and the server is trying to processes orders. When a retailer says they are trying to process, it's sometimes a good idea to try them because people with slower connections may get booted from the site when they "time-out".

5) Don't give up. I started with footlocker, but ended up scoring from Finishline some 90 minutes after the release time. I just kept an eye on twitter and Finishline said they still had every size over an hour after release. I knew this meant their server was having problems and crashing and booting people. That's when I jumped on and scored a pair fairly quickly.

The main thing I would stress is, don't give up, it can take a long time.

- Jason

I have been pretty successful lately with some "tougher" online releases. The method I can suggest is follows.

1) Open all the sites in different tabs and log into your accounts at least an hour prior to release time, or you might not be able to get on. (you should have already created free member accounts and registered billing and shipping information if possible)

2) Open twitter and make sure you are following all the correct retailers carrying the product

3) Now it's time to decide on one primary source/retailer. Don't try to add your pair on 2 or 3 different sites/retailers on different tabs or devices (unless you have multiple people helping). Keep those tabs/links open, because they may come in handy later. In my experience it's best to just attempt with one retailer for the first 20 to 30 minutes. Eventually sites will temporarily crash, take longer to reply, etc. During that time you can attempt to throw pairs in carts with other retailers, because you might get lucky.

4) Keep an eye on twitter! Retailers will tweet as the run out of pairs, or sell out completely, but their webpage may not show that yet. No sense in trying if they're all gone, time to move on to another retailer. Also, retailers occasionally post that they have not sold out, and the server is trying to processes orders. When a retailer says they are trying to process, it's sometimes a good idea to try them because people with slower connections may get booted from the site when they "time-out".

5) Don't give up. I started with footlocker, but ended up scoring from Finishline some 90 minutes after the release time. I just kept an eye on twitter and Finishline said they still had every size over an hour after release. I knew this meant their server was having problems and crashing and booting people. That's when I jumped on and scored a pair fairly quickly.

- Jason

dont give leechers all the goods, let them do some of thier own research. *facepalm* this is why we cant have anything nice around here!

Last edited:
I got 16. Wus up

Both of you sound like 14 year old d bags, u think people rep u for that? ...if u got 15 and 16 pairs post pictures of them when they come in, or of screen shots of order conformations, if not, shut the F*** up and take that **** somewhere else. NT is for helping other people out in the shoe game, not gloating like a dumb a** talking that S*it. How about you sell some of those pairs to people in here that didn't get them for Minimal fee over retail, that's REAL. but your gloating a** prob didn't even get A pair... Go away.

I got lucky on FNL because they were limiting traffic to their site. Actually got 2 pairs. One to wear and one to keep on ice. My buddy who was trying on his laptop and iPad did not get so lucky. He got all the way to checkout, and when submitted he got an error message. I figured it was his billing info not matching or something, so before I copped my 2nd pair I tried to get his size and got the same exact error. Weird because I then got my size with no problem, and he ended up losing the pair he had unsuccessfully checked out with.

I think canceled orders had more to do with what size you ordered then how you paid or how you got to the website....

- Jason

This is why I'm done with JB/Nike. If I can't walk in the store and get them then they don't want my business. No sweat off my back, just more money in my pocket.

And no I didn't even waste my time trying today. I'm not going through all these elaborate hoops and schemes just to buy a shoe that was price hiked $65 from only a few years ago and will most likely be of lesser quality.

Back
Top Bottom