Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Really stunning to me, don't know why, that NDC, FNL, et al don't have some back stock to replace damaged shoes or size mismatched pairs.

Wasn't able to snag a pair last Wednesday, but I would be super bummed. I mean.. $200 is a lot of dough for any shoe and you want it to look right and be the right size for heaven's sake, out of the box.

JB really needs reassess these limited runs. Everyone knows mistakes happen and not every single pair is going to be 100% perfect when it leaves the factory. People are human and stuff gets missed. But, not having stock to atone for those slip up's - WEAK.

i know for a fact they have reserves.. they feel if they let one person do it, they'll have to do it for everybody else

Finishline pair was a little beat up. Fortunate to get another pair from NDC which was flawless.

Seems like my FL pair was tried on, dirt on bottom, creased....not like any customers tried them on, must of been in the stock room.

5View media item 265131
well this was my pair from fnl which i posted earlier.. i called nike.. they gave me the run around and to call fnl..
I called fnl and they basically told me to return them for a full refund, and theres nothing they can do for me for an exchange..
I proceeded to ask about replacing my pair for a random restocks of canceled orders and excess pairs.. they told me they dont have any and even if they did they have no control over it

on top of that, fnl didnt even offer me a gift card or some sort of discount.. i had to mention it before she offered me a 10 dollars off 50 coupon which cant be used on jordan products.. not even a gift card..

i basically wasted 3 hours on the phone with these clowns..
i guess i'm done ranting

Sorry man!!! That really sucks.
Your's are a lot worse than mine too.
This release is has turned out to be such a bummer after I was so pumped I got a pair.

yup it sucks but NDC doesnt care, they will tell you either send them back or keep them. The most they will do is give you a slight discount code to use next time which sucks.

well this was my pair from fnl which i posted earlier.. i called nike.. they gave me the run around and to call fnl..
I called fnl and they basically told me to return them for a full refund, and theres nothing they can do for me for an exchange..
I proceeded to ask about replacing my pair for a random restocks of canceled orders and excess pairs.. they told me they dont have any and even if they did they have no control over it

on top of that, fnl didnt even offer me a gift card or some sort of discount.. i had to mention it before she offered me a 10 dollars off 50 coupon which cant be used on jordan products.. not even a gift card..

i guess i'm done ranting
That's bad business not valuing your customers. Not even a gift card? They send me those coupons a few times a month.
mean.gif

I understand the frustration but my man couldn't you just use black paint and take care of the issue yourself? I mean its just black paint..Most people can't even get a pair and yes you got a pair that's F'd up but what are you going do...I would just paint/fill in the spots and move on..

EDIT: Can't tell if its majorly scuff'd or just missing paint...?

Last edited:
I understand the frustration but my man couldn't you just use black paint and take care of the issue yourself? I mean its just black paint..Most people can't even get a pair and yes you got a pair that's F'd up but what are you going do...I would just paint/fill in the spots and move on..
Of course he can paint it. That's obvious. What he was asking from the retailer wasn't out of the box and at the very least they should have given him a gift card. Hell he has to purchase the supplies to fix their mistake.

EDIT: Can't tell if its majorly scuff'd or just missing paint...?

sorry i didnt mention in my previous post.. yeah.. a chunk is missing.. i would have to sand it down first and then attempt to paint over it..
i did ask the fnl rep if i can apply the 10 off 50 on paint and sand paper...

Last edited:
has anyone seen this? elephant print portion on right pair is much larger than left pair....its seriously bugging me

Got mine today. Double boxed from Footlocker for those of you keeping track of that stuff; glue smell like everyone been saying, but nothing compared to the D Rose 3s that smell like wet feet.

My ele print is off from one shoe to the other. It has been hard keeping up with this thread, but I noticed a couple people mentioning the different production dates. I don't believe I saw anyone realize that the mismatching ele print is cause some people have received one shoe from one production run and the other shoe from the other. Mine is 12/13/12 for the left and 12/19/12 for the right.

Not that concerned about it because at this point its not like I'm going to return it and be empty handed. Maybe I'll run into someone one day who has the opposite and we can swap for matching production dates and ele print.

My pair finally came in from Eastbay, also got a pair from Eastbay for a friend that finally shipped out today, funny how that worked out but kind of disappointing it took 6 days to ship that pair

5View media item 265131

i guess i'm done ranting

FNL didn't manufacture the shoes, they received them in a closed box and sent them directly to you. The defect is not their fault at all. They offered to to refund you all of your $$$ since you were unsatisfied, but YOU DECLINED. If the shoes don't meet your standard, then send them back and you will be made whole by FNL money wise, that's fair and decent business on their part .I'm pretty sure Nike would offer you your $$$ back as well, or product of equal value. You're complaining when there is a solution to your "problem." So go ahead and return them....

Yeah, I thought so.

i guess i'm done ranting
Feel for you I've had horrible experiences with FNL's customer service as well. Glad their doing random restocks and all of nice shoes but damn use some of the money to fix you customer service program

My pair from fnl was delivered while I was on the way to work and my brother told me there is paint chipping/cracking/scratches on the midsole. Workin from 5-2am is long enough but this news is making the time go so slow lol. I wanna get outta here and see them for myself. Hopefully it's not too bad. I plan on wearing them anyway but still disappointing none the less.

I got mine yesterday and compared em to my other cements. Honestly they look and feel no different what so ever except less yellowing on he tabs, nike air and larger holes for the perforations.

FNL didn't manufacture the shoes, they received them in a closed box and sent them directly to you. The defect is not their fault at all. They offered to to refund you all of your $$$ since you were unsatisfied, but YOU DECLINED. If the shoes don't meet your standard, then send them back and you will be made whole by FNL money wise, that's fair and decent business on their part .I'm pretty sure Nike would offer you your $$$ back as well, or product of equal value. You're complaining when there is a solution to your "problem." So go ahead and return them....

Yeah, I thought so.

that's why i called nike first as stated.. and like i said nike gave me the run around.. saying fnl should have some sort quality control and its not their responsibility..
nike did offer me a nike gift card for the value of the shoes.. which means i would be out of shipping and tax

fnl on the other hand stated that they will offer me a full refund for manufacture defect and its not their job to check every shoe they ship out..
So i basically have 2 huge company tossing blame at each other..

im returning the shoes and no this isnt exactly a solution

Back
Top Bottom