Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

yeah i am in houston where they supposedly had 1500 pairs...of which I saw none...
I actually got lucky and picked up a couple of pairs on the following weekend after the allstar game, ftl galleria and fta northline restocked them, but i guess no one knew...

yeah i am in houston where they supposedly had 1500 pairs...of which I saw none...

I actually got lucky and picked up a couple of pairs on the following weekend after the allstar game, ftl galleria and fta northline restocked them, but i guess no one knew...
i heard stories during ASW of people copping multiples.... =T guess you must have missed out or you Houston people love to tell them ducktales....

I dont know if off topic but ill put it in here. Guy I know to a degree ordered 88's and recieved black cements with nike air on back. Dont have any pics to validate but I was surprised and shocked when I saw the pics

Don't know why you think anyone is dumb enough to believe that BS. In the same sentence you say you saw the pics but don't have any pics to validate it. Wow, you lie :lol:

Last edited:
I dont know if off topic but ill put it in here. Guy I know to a degree ordered 88's and recieved black cements with nike air on back. Dont have any pics to validate but I was surprised and shocked when I saw the pics

Don't know why you think anyone is dumb enough to believe that BS. In the same sentence you say you saw the pics but don't have any pics to validate it. Wow, you lie :lol:

this must be your "friend".... :smh:

Last edited:
Dude I'm tryin to figure out what's goin on in pic#2. Looks like your Action Figures are plotting to take over your III's.
this must be your "friend"....
mean.gif

So I got scammed. I'm usually pretty good about this kind of thing. He let me inspect the shoes and everything and then put them in a red bag. Slight of hand and I ended up getting to the car and seein Jokers instead of the WCs. Worst thing was that I called him, thinking he just made an honest mistake cause he seemed like a good person and he was like, "I'm at the light." "I'm turning in..." every 15 minutes for over 45 mins. Dude didn't show up. 

Unfortunately, his cell phone number provides everything about him. And I am an attorney. So while I'd only be asking for damages of $250 great big bucks in small claims + $150 court fees, I'm going to go berserk over it. Never trust anything that looks too goo d to be true. 

So I got scammed. I'm usually pretty good about this kind of thing. He let me inspect the shoes and everything and then put them in a red bag. Slight of hand and I ended up getting to the car and seein Jokers instead of the WCs. Worst thing was that I called him, thinking he just made an honest mistake cause he seemed like a good person and he was like, "I'm at the light." "I'm turning in..." every 15 minutes for over 45 mins. Dude didn't show up. 

Unfortunately, his cell phone number provides everything about him. And I am an attorney. So while I'd only be asking for damages of $250 great big bucks in small claims + $150 court fees, I'm going to go berserk over it. Never trust anything that looks too goo d to be true. 
Wow...

There you go man...go get him!

Last edited:
Wow as in how could I have been such a moron? Lol... The guy seemed genuinely nice. Showing me pics of his Grapes that haven't dropped yet, stuff like that. I'm assuming he basically scammed me but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that there was just some mistake (in which he has not choose to respond to). Assuming he got the jokers for $150 or something, it just seemed like a very elaborate hoax to make $100. 

Regardless...I'll get him.

Wow as in how could I have been such a moron? Lol... The guy seemed genuinely nice. Showing me pics of his Grapes that haven't dropped yet, stuff like that. I'm assuming he basically scammed me but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that there was just some mistake (in which he has not choose to respond to). Assuming he got the jokers for $150 or something, it just seemed like a very elaborate hoax to make $100. 

don't let him off easy. to the fullest extent of the law so he and his hypebeast scammer buddies see it's not worth it, or at least be a bit smarter to scam someone w/ your phone #....rofl

don't let him off easy. to the fullest extent of the law so he and his hypebeast scammer buddies see it's not worth it, or at least be a bit smarter to scam someone w/ your phone #....rofl
well you guys will love this but the reason why i believed him (and i do believe him) is cause he said he had a few family members managing footaction, and he showed me his 11 boxes of Retro 3 '88s. Of course I did not give a **** at the time nor do I now, but that's why I thought he was just trying to get rid of em for 50 bucks over face. 

unfortunately, the law does not give a **** about whether or not hypebeast shoes are falling to those who deserve them. so in a very boring sense, I'll probably just get him for the $250 (he'd be stuck witih the $150 court fees because I'm going to crush him) and w'ell both be out at least two full mornings. the taking from this is: no craigslist ever again in the H.

what i mean to say is fullest extent of the law as far as I'm concerned is this BS civil thing. can't let someone think you are all talk. the criminal side is something else that I don't get to be a part of. 

Last edited:
H-town or just Texas in general was rough this year.... i've seen lots of articles of people getting followed home and robbed for their Bred 11s... :smh:

Last edited:

i dont get it he gave you the wrong shoes ?

i dont get it he gave you the wrong shoes ?
Yeah like he showed me the Retro 88 for inspection. I looked at it. It looked awesome. We were talking about Grapes. And when he put it back into the box and then into the House of Hoops bag, he must've just picked up another House of Hoops bag with the same box but the Jokers in 'em. Since I just inspected them literally 10 seconds ago, I didn't think to inspect em again. This guy can probably make it to Hollywood with his acting skillz but I'll see what I can do if I ask around and tap into my 2 whole contacts. I wish i could talk big but the legal remedies for "my hurt feelings" and $80 dollars are not that important in the grand scheme of things

Last edited:
H-town or just Texas in general was rough this year.... i've seen lots of articles of people getting followed home and robbed for their Bred 11s... :smh:

can you post some news articles ?

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/12/21/robbery-victim-shot-crashes-car-after-thieves-target-shoes/

this was the big one. can't seem to find the other articles right now. google is all flooded w/ the story above..

some guys here also reported kids waiting for the bus were getting their pairs jacked... just cause it's not on the news doesn't mean its not happening..

Last edited:
Yeah like he showed me the Retro 88 for inspection. I looked at it. It looked awesome. We were talking about Grapes. And when he put it back into the box and then into the House of Hoops bag, he must've just picked up another House of Hoops bag with the same box but the Jokers in 'em. Since I just inspected them literally 10 seconds ago, I didn't think to inspect em again. This guy can probably make it to Hollywood with his acting skillz but I'll see what I can do if I ask around and tap into my 2 whole contacts. I wish i could talk big but the legal remedies for "my hurt feelings" and $80 dollars are not that important in the grand scheme of things

damn

if he never called you back or kept giving you excuses sounds like he tried to pull a fast one

always check closely when doing meet up's

Back
Top Bottom