Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

So I got scammed. I'm usually pretty good about this kind of thing. He let me inspect the shoes and everything and then put them in a red bag. Slight of hand and I ended up getting to the car and seein Jokers instead of the WCs. Worst thing was that I called him, thinking he just made an honest mistake cause he seemed like a good person and he was like, "I'm at the light." "I'm turning in..." every 15 minutes for over 45 mins. Dude didn't show up. 

Unfortunately, his cell phone number provides everything about him. And I am an attorney. So while I'd only be asking for damages of $250 great big bucks in small claims + $150 court fees, I'm going to go berserk over it. Never trust anything that looks too goo d to be true. 

I don't understand why he would do that, because he can sell those jokers for more than retail.

So I got scammed. I'm usually pretty good about this kind of thing. He let me inspect the shoes and everything and then put them in a red bag. Slight of hand and I ended up getting to the car and seein Jokers instead of the WCs. Worst thing was that I called him, thinking he just made an honest mistake cause he seemed like a good person and he was like, "I'm at the light." "I'm turning in..." every 15 minutes for over 45 mins. Dude didn't show up. 

Unfortunately, his cell phone number provides everything about him. And I am an attorney. So while I'd only be asking for damages of $250 great big bucks in small claims + $150 court fees, I'm going to go berserk over it. Never trust anything that looks too goo d to be true. 
I don't understand why he would do that, because he can sell those jokers for more than retail.
That's really sucks man, I don't how that would play out in court considering it would be his word against yours. I hate when I hear stuff like this. I almost got scammed for my Concords a few days ago. We were shipping same time and he actually sent me a empty envelope just to show tracking. Thank God for the package interception form

That's really sucks man, I don't how that would play out in court considering it would be his word against yours. I hate when I hear stuff like this. I almost got scammed for my Concords a few days ago. We were shipping same time and he actually sent me a empty envelope just to show tracking. Thank God for the package interception form
i buy and sale thru CL frequently, and i keep all communcations with seller/buyer for a month min.. i always make a habit to discuss item and price in email, than once phone numbers are exchanged for meet up, i text and make it clear of product and price.. i never just talk.. everything is in writing and documented.. so if something like this occurs i have as much proof on my behalf as possible..   Sorry to hear crap like this.. Sickening 

^^^^
i wouldve still looked to make sure. but why did he have it in his hand again once you inspected them? if hes getting a bag, thats all he needs to get. the bag. Usually once a trade goes down and the shoes in my hand, i dont give them back to the trader.
Personally I would bring him to small claims for just for the principal of it, and you're in a position to do it, so its even easier since thats your field of work.

Last edited:
^^^^
i wouldve still looked to make sure. but why did he have it in his hand again once you inspected them? if hes getting a bag, thats all he needs to get. the bag. Usually once a trade goes down and the shoes in my hand, i dont give them back to the trader.
Personally I would bring him to small claims for just for the principal of it, and you're in a position to do it, so its even easier since thats your field of work.
^^^^This once they are in my hand he's not getting the shoes back.

well you guys will love this but the reason why i believed him (and i do believe him) is cause he said he had a few family members managing footaction, and he showed me his 11 boxes of Retro 3 '88s. Of course I did not give a **** at the time nor do I now, but that's why I thought he was just trying to get rid of em for 50 bucks over face. 

unfortunately, the law does not give a **** about whether or not hypebeast shoes are falling to those who deserve them. so in a very boring sense, I'll probably just get him for the $250 (he'd be stuck witih the $150 court fees because I'm going to crush him) and w'ell both be out at least two full mornings. the taking from this is: no craigslist ever again in the H.

what i mean to say is fullest extent of the law as far as I'm concerned is this BS civil thing. can't let someone think you are all talk. the criminal side is something else that I don't get to be a part of. 

So you thought you were going to get WC3 88's for a couple bucks over retail huh??

The reason you didn't ask too many questions or raise concern about someone insisting on putting shoes you already paid for in a bag was simply because you thought you were getting over/getting the deal of a lifetime.

The reason he felt the need to go on about how many pairs he has and that he has family connections is because anybody with half a brain would say to themselves "these shoes go for $350 all day long, why would he knock $100 off?"

Greed is a hell of a thing and if I were you I'd be happy I didn't end up with a shoe box filled with rocks. Sell the jokers and move on with the rest of your life and in the future when things seem too good to be true, realize that they usually are.

Last edited:
Wow, it's crazy looking at these completed listings on ebay and seeing how much these are selling for. Blessed that I got these for retail!

So you thought you were going to get WC3 88's for a couple bucks over retail huh??

The reason you didn't ask too many questions or raise concern about someone insisting on putting shoes you already paid for in a bag was simply because you thought you were getting over/getting the deal of a lifetime.

The reason he felt the need to go on about how many pairs he has and that he has family connections is because anybody with half a brain would say to themselves "these shoes go for $350 all day long, why would he knock $100 off?"

Greed is a hell of a thing and if I were you I'd be happy I didn't end with a shoe box filled with rocks. Sell the jokers and move on with the rest of your life and in the future when things seem to good to be true, realize that they usually are.

cant say i agree 100% but that's pretty well put

this must be your "friend".... :smh:

Nope and the reason I dont have pics as I said is because he sent them in a fb message and I closed down my account. You dont have to believe me I just wanted to post something new to this thread thats more interesting than hearing the same stuff everyday. My bad I wont pass on inf anymore

cant say i agree 100% but that's pretty well put
Hello, just to update. Yeah, i did ask him. I said straight up why are you trying to sell these? He showed me 11 pairs that he bought and said he was just trying to get his money back as soon as he could. I talked to this guy for a bit so it was like... he immediately had showed me the shoes to inspect, turned around to put them in a bag, and gave me a different bag. BUT now...

he texted me this morning and said his phone was all messed up, that it was an honest mistake (like thought was a very small possibility) and he'll make it right. that's all. either way, i'm done with craigslist permanently.

Greed is a hell of a thing and if I were you I'd be happy I didn't end up with a shoe box filled with rocks. Sell the jokers and move on with the rest of your life and in the future when things seem too good to be true, realize that they usually are.
Thank you for both the life advice and deriving from the few sentences here that it was my blinding greed that caused all of this. 

Hello, just to update. Yeah, i did ask him. I said straight up why are you trying to sell these? He showed me 11 pairs that he bought and said he was just trying to get his money back as soon as he could. I talked to this guy for a bit so it was like... he immediately had showed me the shoes to inspect, turned around to put them in a bag, and gave me a different bag. BUT now...

he texted me this morning and said his phone was all messed up, that it was an honest mistake (like thought was a very small possibility) and he'll make it right. that's all. either way, i'm done with craigslist permanently.

hope he makes it right

i dont care for craigslist myself

but its great for moving things quick

i hate to say it but if the shoe is just released you will get a better price and more serious seller then the low ballers on here

i heard stories during ASW of people copping multiples.... =T guess you must have missed out or you Houston people love to tell them ducktales....

No ducktales. The remaining All Star pairs were released the following weekend at FA & HOH. I ended up w/ 4 pairs total.

Back
Top Bottom