Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

^that's all fine, no worries
to each his own like you may have said
hope you get a pair, they fresh

I do understand what your saying tho, I wasn't trying to come off argumentative. It bothers me when I'll talk to kids now-a-days that are getting into sneakers and they don't ever wear their shoes, they just let them sit in the box and treat them like they are made of gold and they have to be preserved and never worn, it's that whole mentality that dead stocking kicks is cool, idk. I was talking to a kid at my local champs and he told me his first retro was the bred 4's and he got them on Black Friday and he still hasn't worn them, I was just like "dude wear your shoes, enjoy them. They are best enjoyed on feet" then he replied with "well if I wear them they won't be worth as much when they get older" I just felt bad for the kid.

When I got new Jordan's when I was a kid, I wore them out of the store, lol. They never left my feet until I got a new pair.

I do understand what your saying tho, I wasn't trying to come off argumentative. It bothers me when I'll talk to kids now-a-days that are getting into sneakers and they don't ever wear their shoes, they just let them sit in the box and treat them like they are made of gold and they have to be preserved and never worn, it's that whole mentality that dead stocking kicks is cool, idk. I was talking to a kid at my local champs and he told me his first retro was the bred 4's and he got them on Black Friday and he still hasn't worn them, I was just like "dude wear your shoes, enjoy them. They are best enjoyed on feet" then he replied with "well if I wear them they won't be worth as much when they get older" I just felt bad for the kid.

When I got new Jordan's when I was a kid, I wore them out of the store, lol. They never left my feet until I got a new pair.

Yeah I agree with you, when I get a new pair of shoes I can't keep my self from wearing them ASAP :lol:

Shafted aint wven the word lol .. must have taken advantage of someone without knowledge of the going rates

They are both give or take around $300-$350. If he had two retro 88's and really wanted the foams it's a decent trade, IMO.

They are both give or take around $300-$350. If he had two retro 88's and really wanted the foams it's a decent trade, IMO.
Where you see 88s selling for $300? IMO foams not worth anything over retail $220 is already high as hell for them anyway. But true u got a point though if he had 2. I had 2 88s but just sold em cuz dude offered a ridiculous amount of cash for em

Agreed, plus after the restock with more available pairs on the market they price might drop a little. But then again it almost might go up as well, resellers knowing people that missed out on the restock are gonna be thirsty for a pair. They were selling for $500+ on the original release day. I have a pair but I desperately want a second pair, beautiful retro. Haven't even worn mine.

What a ******g idiot, who rides a quad with retro's on? this moron deserved it... I would NEVER. Your lucky to catch my *** walking on grass in some of my shoes. They will never be the same #beaterstatus

On a side note, does anybody wear spenco poly insoles with these? has anyone experienced cracking yet? Mine came with the infamous DS "toe box crease" they are still ******g gorgeous though.

Son tight :rofl:

Hell a pair of my foams, we're covered in mud when i went to a football game.. sprayed with water hose and threw in wash machine. Back to looking DS 8)

Where you see 88s selling for $300? IMO foams not worth anything over retail $220 is already high as hell for them anyway. But true u got a point though if he had 2. I had 2 88s but just sold em cuz dude offered a ridiculous amount of cash for em

Most foams sell for $350+ specially older CW's. Foams hold their value extremely well, not to mention they are very limited. I picked up an extra suns foam for that exact purpose. Foams are excellent trade bait tho. Plus you can find an 88 retro for $325 if you do your homework. we were just posting about dude paying $300 for one a few pages back.

Fighter jet foams are $235 retail and are the worst resell shoe of the last 2 years. You can barely get retail plus shipping for them. I got stuck with a pair after helping someone and from the jump just tried to get my retail plus tax I paid, plus shipping and PayPal fees to the new buyer, and couldn't get rid of em for 3 months lol. They sat all over because of a huge winter storm on the East coast release weekend and then a ton of additional shipments in stores and restocks online, then were bought up by employees using their % discount. They set the market at actual retail price tag and people refused to pay more in most cases. I actually returned them to a local store last night without a receipt and now have a big fat gift card for the 25th :smile:

Dude that got 88's got an absolute steal of a deal, especially just because he got rid of the fighter jets lol

Also this post isn't to refute anyone's prior post, just giving my informed opinion of the deal that occurred and my experience with that specific foam. I think most foams outside of crimsons, pinks, fighter jets, suns, and all whites are great trade bait, and next year after markets and continual restocks dry up and depending on the trends, any of those besides crimsons and pinks could make for a good trade too.

Last edited:
What a ******g idiot, who rides a quad with retro's on? this moron deserved it... I would NEVER. Your lucky to catch my *** walking on grass in some of my shoes. They will never be the same #beaterstatus

On a side note, does anybody wear spenco poly insoles with these? has anyone experienced cracking yet? Mine came with the infamous DS "toe box crease" they are still ******g gorgeous though.

this is the funniest thing i read all day..this JB thread never disappoints.

i just went paintballing in my 88's. riding a quad is fun.. i could never not do something fun because i had a pair of sneakers on. that sounds crazy to me. almost as crazy as getting mad because someone else chooses to get mud on THEIRS. they are just a pair of shoes.

Also this post isn't to refute anyone's prior post, just giving my informed opinion of the deal that occurred and my experience with that specific foam. I think most foams outside of crimsons, pinks, fighter jets, suns, and all whites are great trade bait,
Agreed. I see dudes all the time trying move their all whites and getting no bites or bids on em. Same for the pinks people went hard for those out of hype and I never pictures of ANYONE rockin em, not even celebrities. Those fighter jets were just awful IMO.

Last edited:
White foams and fighter jets do have horrible resale #'s compared to other foams. Most foams sell for over $400 easy. I think white foams might actually be worse reseller than the fighter jets, at least around the New York area. You can still find white foams for retail. Strange how little fighters resell for, but when I first wore mine after the RD people always drooled and pointed like I was wearing OG mega heat, lol. They are one of my favorite foams, idk why. I guess I just enjoy the detail on them and loudness, lol. Foams are great shoes, comfortable and durable, built like tanks. they get dirty just spray them off with water and windex good as new.

as ******ed as this might sound I don't think I would trade my fighters for a 2nd retro 88. I would def prefer to trade my suns or even older CW's before.

The value of a trade is better based of how happy both parties are with the trade more than the nominal value in some cases. But you certainly made out in both instances.

Agreed. I see dudes all the time trying move their all whites and getting no bites or bids on em. Same for the pinks people went hard for those out of hype and I never pictures of ANYONE rockin em, not even celebrities. Those fighter jets were just awful IMO.
Acehood

Ocho

Trinidad

Rondo and a few others as a matter of fact Cassidy got'em on in that condom style video

not my cup of tea but I have seen alot of dudes rockin'em

@joey, I actually do like the fighter jet foams, but just not for $235. They are a really nice shoe in person, especially quality wise. The army camo pro's coming up this summer are absolutely atrocious. I'm not a camo guy so the actual print does nothing for me, but the red highlights and super icy sole on fighter jets are great touches to the black white and silver. I think the right people can definitely pull em off and do remember a lot of people saying they were attention grabbers when they first laced em up. Glad you like them

Rondo and a few others as a matter of fact Cassidy got'em on in that condom style video
not my cup of tea but I have seen alot of dudes rockin'em

Lol i knew celebs had em but im just sayin u dnt see those pink ones as often as others. Anyway not a big deal not a foam thread

@joey, I actually do like the fighter jet foams, but just not for $235. They are a really nice shoe in person, especially quality wise. The army camo pro's coming up this summer are absolutely atrocious. I'm not a camo guy so the actual print does nothing for me, but the red highlights and super icy sole on fighter jets are great touches to the black white and silver. I think the right people can definitely pull em off and do remember a lot of people saying they were attention grabbers when they first laced em up. Glad you like them

I think the woodland camo pro's are disgusting too, lol but they hypebeast are gonna go nuts over em. Fighters > Green camo pros all day. I wear them with sweats/gym shorts and hoodies. Kinda hard to dress anything but super casual with foams IMO. I still think it's funny seeing dudes in button ups, khakis and foams lol but hey, personal opinion varies.

Lol i knew celebs had em but im just sayin u dnt see those pink ones as often as others. Anyway not a big deal not a foam thread

Pink foams are the worst foam ever released IMO, when the soles start to yellow they are gonna be UNWEARABLE.

But this is slowly becoming the "unofficial foam thread" so I'm gonna post this for the sake of getting this thread back on track after derailing it.

These are photos of my still DEADSTOCK 88's. This is the infamous "pre creased" issue people were having. To be fair, not all pairs had this issue, but some pairs were having paint chips coming off the NA on the back, and I was just hoping mine didn't have that issue.
U can clearly see one shoe is worse than the other, at least I don't have to worry about them creasing, lol. Other than that, I'm thrilled with this shoe. It's hands down my favorite retro release in YEARS. Beautiful shoe, beautiful leather and elephant print. 3's make me drool, so I'm biased. But I'm going stir crazy over weather to cop another 88 or go for the BT 1's first. I honestly plan on setting up two computers and trying for both at the same time. Ambicopptrous all day! nerd joke...lol
View media item 410774View media item 410777

Only other "quality issue" that white won't come off the black midsole
[GALLERY="media, 410781"][/GALLERY]

Last edited:
Thanks. What made the trade even more worth my while was i only paid $180 for the foams from a friend who used his employee discount :wink:

Even better. I need one of those friends, too haha! I have to wait a few weeks after a release before they let me use my military discount on Js, Lebron's and Kobe's.

Even better. I need one of those friends, too haha! I have to wait a few weeks after a release before they let me use my military discount on Js, Lebron's and Kobe's.

I've heard that before and it's ******** about the military discount. That's just damn near criminal to me...JB has no shame.

Same with Nike+ and Nike ID. Not applicable to employee or military discount.

I've heard that before and it's ******** about the military discount. That's just damn near criminal to me...JB has no shame.

Same with Nike+ and Nike ID. Not applicable to employee or military discount.

Yeah, it's lame, but I'm thankful I get at least something. We'd be better off if Nike quit charging EVERYONE so much period.

Back
Top Bottom