Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

So I found a size 12 locally but the kid is wanting a pair of 01 Cords and either Varsity Red 2s or Sport Blue 3s for 8.5/10 88s. I don't care about the 2 or 3s but do the Cords hold the same "value" ?

So I found a size 12 locally but the kid is wanting a pair of 01 Cords and either Varsity Red 2s or Sport Blue 3s for 8.5/10 88s. I don't care about the 2 or 3s but do the Cords hold the same "value" ?
Seeing as these will prob release again down the line I would say dont do it for 01 Concords, since 2001 Concords have the quality that any future Concord retro wont have

I personally recommend that people hold out on purchasing these because after purchasing the Cement 4s these aren't executed that well. The "Jordan" on the outsole diminishes it's tribute to the original shoe.

Last edited:
These are made much better than the cement 4s IMO. Leather is much better. Having Nike instead of Jordan underneath the shoe does nothing for me.

Last edited:
These are made much better than the cement 4s IMO. Leather is much better. Having Nike instead of Jordan underneath the shoe does nothing for me.
I hard from some owners of the Cement '88s that they were uncomfortable (from what I heard) and you can't compare tumbled leather to smooth leather.

I hard from some owners of the Cement '88s that they were uncomfortable (from what I heard) and you can't compare tumbled leather to smooth leather.
The 88s are definitely better material/craftsmanship than the new cement 4s and it's not really close. They're one of the best pairs jb has put out in the last few years imo. The Jordan on the bottom is annoying but that would be my only complaint honestly. I have a few complaints on the 4s. Both worth the price tag to me though.

I just wouldn't hold out for a "better" white/cement 3 any time soon. They'll give us Nike on the bottom and take something else away.

The 88s are definitely better material/craftsmanship than the new cement 4s and it's not really close. They're one of the best pairs jb has put out in the last few years imo. The Jordan on the bottom is annoying but that would be my only complaint honestly. I have a few complaints on the 4s. Both worth the price tag to me though.

I just wouldn't hold out for a "better" white/cement 3 any time soon. They'll give us Nike on the bottom and take something else away.
Shattered Backboard 1s, Chicago 1s, Columbia 4s, Oreo 4s, and more have better material/craftsmanship too. I also said you can compare to different types of leather.

Hmm interesting

Tbh, the Nike Air treatment on the Cement 4s and Maroons have really spiked my interest back in the 88s. And personally don't have any issues material wise or execution on the w/c 4 just the price tag but ohh well.

Ya , don't think I will make that trade . Even though I only wear the cords maybe twice a year they're just too pretty [emoji]9786[/emoji]️

What are the prices looking like for these now?

Around $6-700 or more for guaranteed authentic pairs depending on size. Anything less than $600 for DS right now is suspect. Doesn't mean you can't find a deal if you look long enough. I've sold shoes way below their resale value when I wanted to get rid of them the same day. The people couldn't believe the prices and were pulling out the insoles looking at everything lmfao! You'll just have to legit check everything. Until there is a release with NA on the sole the price can only go up. There are also lots of people selling used pairs for half and some trying to pass of tried on pairs as DS. To me DS means you haven't messed with the shoe inserts, laces or anything. It's ok for them to have been taken out of the box, but if the laces & everything else aren't the way you got them from the store then they are not "brand new."

Lol wrong ^ , sz 12 DS going for 375-$450 max , same with most other sizes , dudes dropping $500+ on these ain't looking hard enough

Lol wrong ^ , sz 12 DS going for 375-$450 max , same with most other sizes , dudes dropping $500+ on these ain't looking hard enough

Show me where. I'm talking about real DS aka BNIB, not walked around the house with them, pics for IG and then up for sale. $375 is not a realistic price. A quick search on eBay shows lots of pairs for $400 but they're all used. FC is $700+.

I sell used pairs on eBay for 300 without box 350 with box. Legit DS pair will run you 450 and up depending of eBay feedback.

Most of what I see is $600 & up. Dude is like $450 max like everyone's selling for that price. $350-400 range is doable for a jumpman pair not NA. Obviously there will be some going for less, but some is not all. Every year there will be less & less new pairs out there.

I can tell you I tested waters for my size 13 DS from NDC and I had offers for $600. I haven't seen one legit pair in size 13 under that price. If so point me there and I'm doubling up!

Last edited:

Shattered Backboard 1s, Chicago 1s, Columbia 4s, Oreo 4s, and more have better material/craftsmanship too. I also said you can compare to different types of leather.
All of these you just named were released post - remastered series.  Besides the Chicago's, do you even own any of these since you are throwing comparisons and trashing the 88s??

I myself have owned the SBB 1s, and currently own the Chi's and two pairs of 88s.  The 88s are very nice!  I still don't think they are worth what they are going for currently, but it's a nice shoe to have in your rotation.

The leather isn't bad and I personally don't have a problem with comfort.  I rock these along with the Fire Red 3s that released that year very often.  The fire reds were done nicely also.

Not throwing any salt at you. But I just find it laughable when cats make broad generalizations/comparisons when they haven't owned or seen "said shoe" in person.

3s aren't seeing the light of day any time soon.  Don't rain on others who have the opportunity to pick up a pair if they find em for steal prices.

Last edited:
Show me where. I'm talking about real DS aka BNIB, not walked around the house with them, pics for IG and then up for sale. $375 is not a realistic price. A quick search on eBay shows lots of pairs for $400 but they're all used. FC is $700+.
i found a sz 11 DS on ebay for $350 and brought it to FC and sold for $750. its possible but not often

Back
Top Bottom