Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Agreed with the craftsmanship point...

But are people's 2011's midsoles crumbling?? Mine are fine.... Granted I haven't worn them a lot but I'm no lightweight and I know people try to correlate weight of the owner to the midsole problems......

I thought they switched to a different type of PU for the midsoles on the newer retros (after 2003 or so)  to prevent crumbling in the long term.  The new material doesn't stick the paint as well and that's why the paint chips off on the newer ones.  But at least you can repaint them. No real way to fix a crumbled midsole other than a swap.

Nike used to dye da midsole instead of painting over them.

That's why they crack & peel. Nike just needs to dye em.

These will move at a $200 price point and JB knows it. The market demand justifies that price. Who's at fault? The people willing to pay that price (market demand.)

That's why they crack & peel. Nike just needs to dye em.
The 01-03 retro 3s are tough to clean though. The white finish on the midsole rubs off pretty easily and exposes the off-white underneath. Brutal. As bad or worse than chipped paint imo. Why can't nike figure out how to do this right though?

white cements dropped two years ago for 150... if "nike air" is worth another 50 dollars to you, buy the shoe. If not, dont

The ones from a couple years ago,,,,red trim instead of blk...I believe...unless both cme out and I missed this one

The 01-03 retro 3s are tough to clean though. The white finish on the midsole rubs off pretty easily and exposes the off-white underneath. Brutal. As bad or worse than chipped paint imo. Why can't nike figure out how to do this right though?

I think the simple answer is they don't care about finding an answer cause they don't care if they crack, peel, fall apart while you're walking your dog.

I still disagree. I'd rather have dyed midsoles than the crappy paint that JB puts on now. You can always repaint the dyed midsoles and strip some of the dye away. That paint chipping is a pain in the a**.

First let me say I didnt ask you to explain yourself! I said... WHAT.... ALRITE PIMPIN an left it at that....U got sensitive over subject matters
mean.gif
! If you go back and look a few others noticed EXACTLY what I noticed!!! Didnt knock your opinion not 1 bit nor question if your O.G 88' story was true or not. I covered my displeasures with your post and DID NOT COME FROM A PLACE OF HATE...(Pissed off as a fellow elder but not hate) You started off giving your opinion YES but anything after....."must cop for me"... Was ADVICE you were giving an of course THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! I go off subject at times but This is the WC 88' retro III Thread. So for you to make a time table of III's and not only mention III's that ARE NOT...WC but also leave off the 2 most relevant WC III's (The last one 94' with Nike Air=Great Quality not wearable & The First one Without Nike Air 2003=Good quality an wearable in controlled settings) is Blasphemy if you were trying to "help people who on the fence"! Now the "FACTS" you "TRIED" to present in "ILLUSTRATION"  saying 1st retro=2001 and 2nd retro=2007...IS VERY MISLEADING to our younger generation who may not know the REAL time table of III's or may had an idea but wasnt really clear on it! If we can only hope for a BETTER community we have to start by getting the SO CALL facts right! I highlighted "illustration purposes" because that was a piss poor "illustration"...an for "OBVIOUS REASONS"(Which are?) any release ommited was NOT RELEVANT to you but those GAWD AWFUL(IMO..LOL) 2007 releases were? So instead of saying yea I forgot an left a couple off u tried to get sensitive justify the 94' & 03' WC III as NOT RELEVANT in illustration and thats ok as an elder in "OUR" generation of the game? So if u feel I attacked you unwarrented maybe u should sit back an REALLY look at the situation an say hey maybe I did (which you did) put out some misleading information an move on without feeling butt hurt an attacked! You right us elders have to come together to try an get 'this thing we do' call Niketalk back on the right track but with iron clad information the younger generation can grow and get better educated with!!!! Every O.G feel they are above approach when they are in the wrong an thats another problem in Niketalk! Not hating or beefing with ya just letting you know were im coming from!  People buy the shoes or dont buy the shoes for whatever reason but make a decision an move on.........

An I already stated what this release means to me an how I feel about the price since yes....I been rocking Air Jordans since the Military 4's in 89'!
My Illustration was based on the retro versions that I PERSONALLY OWNED with the exception of the OG version in '88 which the quality of this release is a given.  The retro release's omitted I did not own so in essence I could not attest to the quality of either of those releases.  THE OBVIOUS REASON is I did not own those pairs....so those releases WERE NOT RELEVANT to the illustration.  I never said I felt above any approach just wanted to make it clear....my timeline was that MY TIMELINE, and thus THE FACTS I PRESENTED ARE THAT IN RELATION TO THIS TIMELINE!!

Maybe I should have just said "Of the retros 3's I have personally owned with the exception of the OG '88 here is my synopsis on quality.... Really?????" 

WHO COMMENTS ON SOMETHING THEY HAVE NEVER OWNED??? MORE THAN HALF THE DUDES COMPLAINING ABOUT QUALITY HAVE NEVER HELD 3 DIFFERENT RELEASES SIDE BY SIDE AND HAVE ONLY SEEN YOUTUBE VIDEO COMPARISONS!!!!  

Sad part is elders have been in the game so long some of us are so quick to check others.... when you could have easily said "Hey bro what about the 94 and 03 releases...???" and my response would have been "Didn't have those bro... so can't really attest to their quality."  Instead you went on your rant to "expose" or fact check my thread like I was trying to mislead the masses.... that's the problem here.  Some others pointed out that I missed two releases and I could have easily responded to them but you were so hell bent on crucifying me.....

At my age and yours this shouldn't even have happened..... if I saw my thread and saw the missing releases my first thought would have been "dude must not have copped those releases" instead of  "this dude chaps my hide....tar and feather this fool he doesn't know what he's talking about."  See the difference?

I still disagree. I'd rather have dyed midsoles than the crappy paint that JB puts on now. You can always repaint the dyed midsoles and strip some of the dye away. That paint chipping is a pain in the a**.

i rather have dye midsoles also..I used to throw my true blues in the washer and dryer once it would get dirty from me skateboarding. The blue would rub off and stain my dryer :lol:
View media item 221085
Even though some of the blue rubbed off, it didn't effect the blue on the shoe. It still looked great.
View media item 221086
I put my fire red 3 into the washer once and it was a wrap for the midsole :smh:. Had to get a local guy to repaint it. After I got it back, it went in the box and haven't seen the light in years. I stopped washing my shoes in the washer after that.

Last edited:
With nyc tax almost every JB release is over $200 for me. IMO paying an extra $20 for a sneaker that I like is now irrelevant at these prices. The nike air is just a nice bonus to the fact that I want these.

Also to you ogs arguing...if you're trying to influence the youth, it is certainly not in the favor of your cause to drone on about semantics. They barely want to read textbooks for school you know they're not going to do that here.

With nyc tax almost every JB release is over $200 for me. IMO paying an extra $20 for a sneaker that I like is now irrelevant at these prices. The nike air is just a nice bonus to the fact that I want these.

Also to you ogs arguing...if you're trying to influence the youth, it is certainly not in the favor of your cause to drone on about semantics. They barely want to read textbooks for school you know they're not going to do that here.

that's if your paying retail to pay retail
in nyc now for kicks your have to either work at a store or wait on a long *** line like a jerk or win a RSVP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom