Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

It's all about Marketing. From a retail perspective, Nike may feel that the more effective way to get buyers to perceive this shoe as "limited" or "exclusive" is by only offering the product through a single channel within the company--rather than multiple channels. They key is to remember that Nike is a producer/suppler as well as a retailer. It's like Apple deciding to offer the next iPhone via their website only. Even though, you could possibly grab the phone from your local wireless carrier, Apple would only be offering a single channel for customers to purchase the product.

Ding Ding Ding. More posts from you please? It might balance out the ****** factor in this thread.

The NDC only is smoke & mirrors. By the end of the week, or early next week I wouldn't be shocked if a lot more stores pop up with em.

Saw a Tweet from a local non chain shop that they will not have these shoes. My chances for these are looking pretty tough.

Well my local boutique said they getting them. Hopefully they hold me down like they have in past. I ain't tripping if I don't get tho. A lot of heat next 2 months

Last edited:
JUST SEEMS LIKE SOMETHING IS UP. CHECK @NIKENYC TWEETS. THEY ARE TELLING PEOPLE TO CHECK BACK THE WEEK OF 2/9 WHICH IS AFTER THE NIKE.COM DROP. IT WAS ACTUALLY NIKETALK MEMBER TWENTY8 THAT THEY ANSWERED.

Wouldn't be out of the question. We've already seen several recent releases have split drop dates or stock held back and released at a later date.

Alot of peeps been hating on the inconsistency of the elephant print, but in this pic it looks pretty good. Maybe what ever we've been seeing aren't "final" production product.....

Last edited:
Alot of peeps been hating on the inconsistency of the elephant print, but in this pic it looks pretty good. Maybe what ever we've been seeing aren't "final" production product.....
This is only 3 pairs out of 10s or 100s of thousands of pairs. I can guarantee that there WILL be pairs with inconsistancy. In my opinion, inconsistant print is not even an issue, the issue is when the cement is not fully printed and some parts are faded.

Last edited:
This is only 3 pairs out of 10s or 100s of thousands of pairs. I can guarantee that there WILL be pairs with inconsistancy. In my opinion, inconsistant print is not even an issue, the issue is when the cement is not fully printed and some parts are faded.
I can't disagree with that as there are going to be pairs that won't be prefect and will have faults, but those look a lot better than what we've seen so far.......either way I'm gonna try to get a pair.

I can't disagree with that as there are going to be pairs that won't be prefect and will have faults, but those look a lot better than what we've seen so far.......either way I'm gonna try to get a pair.
Exactly. Best of luck on your search and dope pics nonetheless. I'm having no luck here in nyc securing my pair.

THE '88' IS CONSTRUCTED WITH THE SAME MATERIALS AS THE 2011. Only REAL difference besides the obvious NA branding is the matte finish on the midsole.
I have several pairs of eac CW III released in 2011[/11... Every pair I've worn has worn well, and still looks great after it hits Beater status. The 2011 IIIs are much better than most of the releases JB has hit us over the last year or so. People cried about the 2011 IIIs when they dropped, ie the mudguard, creasing, gloss, etc.... but given the current JB climate, the IIIs were put together quite well. I'd buy more 2011s in a heartbeat, and without hesitation. The NA branding doesn't force me to go extra HAM, as I still have 94s with the NA, so if i really need to take a shoe out and "worship" the "good ol days of NikeAir" i'm set, plus they still fit me... However, My OG 88s are long gone, mom took those to the salvation army decades ago.

OG III's from 2011, huh? Interesting...

Lemme ask you...on the box label on those, does it say "Retro"?

Yes?

So you have an OG Retro??

Even more interesting...

Especially considering that such a thing doesn't exist.

I swear, i stop in this thread EVERY DAY during my lunch break for no other reason than the comedy.

People are definitely skipping school for this one, I know I would've back when I was in school. This wont be as easy as a lot of us thought 50 pages back.
Challenge still accepted though.

Last edited:
I haven't been here long but this seems like the overall pattern to every thread I been in:

1. Excitement - omg these are my grails

2. Nervousness of availability - omg these are gonna be so limited. 

3. A number of claims talking about how hard it's gonna be to cop. The term hypebeast will be thrown around a lot 

4. **** talk the quality once early release videos and pics start surfacing 

5. Unnecessary anger and craziness due to the fact that the release date is closer

6. New members join - first post usually "I never owned this pair of said shoe and they are my favorite, how much and where will they be sold" kind of post

7. Inserting gifs trying to clown new members, and a bunch of please read first page posts. 

8. Comparisons to the last release of said shoe and **** talk on how the quality has dipped 

9. Release date comes, some people cop, some don't. There's a lot of questions about overseas sites, and a lot of anger due to not snagging a pair and **** talking resalers. 

10. A **** load of pics come in talking about quality. 

11. Cycle repeats in another thread 

Last edited:
I haven't been here long but this seems like the overall pattern to every thread I been in:

1. Excitement - omg these are my grails

2. Nervousness of availability - omg these are gonna be so limited. 

3. A number of claims talking about how hard it's gonna be to cop. The term hypebeast will be thrown around a lot 

4. **** talk the quality once early release videos and pics start surfacing 

5. Unnecessary anger and craziness due to the fact that the release date is closer

6. New members join - first post usually "I never owned this pair of said shoe and they are my favorite, how much and where will they be sold" kind of post

7. Insert gifs to trying to clown new member, and a bunch of please read first page posts. 

8. Comparisons to the last release of said shoe and **** talk on how the quality has dipped 

9. Release date comes, some people cop, some don't. There's a lot of questions about overseas sites, and a lot of anger due to not snagging a pair and **** talking resalers. 

10. A **** load of pics come in talking about quality. 

11. Cycle repeats in another thread 

12. The constant "I passed one these...I'm good with my [insert year here] retros."

Back
Top Bottom