Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Nothing special about it, too many people know. It was unreliable during the recent fnl restock and I anticipate it'll be furthermore useless this weekend with all the releases.

Ok got my pair last night...

To the people that said these have better quality than 2011.... I compared my 2011 and 2013 and the quality is SLIGHTLY better.... Not worth $40 imo the only thing worth the $40 is NA on the back which is fine with me.....

I compared my banned 1's to my Knicks 1's now there is a MAJOR quality difference..... (I paid less for my Banneds too because they hit the outlets and the Knicks were $140 retail.... :smh:)

Finally got them and luckily no scuff or missing paint on them, also my elephant print is pretty even so can't complain there. Definitely happy with them.

To the people that said these have better quality than 2011.... I compared my 2011 and 2013 and the quality is SLIGHTLY better.... Not worth $40 imo the only thing worth the $40 is NA on the back which is fine with me.....

I compared my banned 1's to my Knicks 1's now there is a MAJOR quality difference..... (I paid less for my Banneds too because they hit the outlets and the Knicks were $140 retail.... :smh:)

I concur with ALL of this. Including the banned 1s comparison. I was so disgusted with the difference that I returned my Knicks, AND I will NOT be buying any other 1s, royals included (this might slightly be because I dont like ones to begin with and only have currently two pairs).

I will never order from eastbay again. I won't recieve my pair until almost 2 weeks later! That is unnacceptable and ridiculous. This is the first time I used another site besides FNL or NDC and its been very disappointing. Oh well, I am just thankful I have a pair. Hope everyone else who wants these ends up catching a restock or something.
Where are you located?

I am in Toronto and my pairs from Eastbay are arriving today.  That is less than a week and pretty impressive as it usually takes me over a week to receive anything I order from the US

So my friends pair came today (paid $380) and the quality of everything is nice. Like everyone has stated I'd say its softer leather than the 2011 but not as good as the 2003, but the tongue is as nice as the 2003.

One thing I noticed immediately, the tongue on the right shoe is more pointy and crooked and the jumpmans are not even centered. I even tried to adjust the tongue but they lean towards the left O_O

View media item 265754

Also the elephant print is slanted on the right shoe... I don't know of this is me being nitpicky but... check out the front center. It goes from being thin on the right.. to fat on the left...
View media item 265765

Last comment. But the logo's suck. On this shoe jordan has a blob for a right hand. Compare the logo from my 2003 pair (beaters now). I know its not a big deal but 2003 retro has fingers :/ View media item 265771

u mean the 'backdoor' link..supposedly it doesnt exist anymore
Yeah I've always heard about it but never really tried to find out if it was truth or just a myth. But in recent post I saw that people were still using a "special" link & that helped them out with a lot of the re-releases also heard people got to use it with the 88 cement 3's. So I just thought I would ask if anyone knew about it or had any info to help me out. Thanks a lot maybe I'm just chasing a unicorn *Jordan Shrug*

After seeing some of these mismatched elephant prints and inconsistent amount of materials being used, I remembered that someone had told me this:

Per this whole "production date" fiasco, I was told that Nike has been shipping lefts and rights separately and throwing them together before they're distributed. This is all procedure to avoid theft or at least deter it. I've gotten a few mismatched sizes lately which would be kind of odd coming right off the production line.

I don't know the full truth to this, but I do know that a strategy like this has been implemented.

Don't have any inside info as to whether the reason why is true, but the shoes being paired up to be boxed after production has to be fact because, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, my left shoe had one production date and the right had another. Thankfully the ele print cuts aren't a mismatch size wise like the recent pic f someone's pair, but the print themselves do not noticeably match.

QFT some folks are hyping these up like they are banneds

Not sure why people are complaiining about the UPS to USPS thing. If you have been checking your tracking number every day, you would have seen the scheduled shipment date while the shoes were in transit. Unless you tracking info told you one day only for it to show up later, there is nothing to complain about.

dude, the banned 1's have gotta be one of the most over-hyped aj in a long time
yah the leather was good, but the cut, the stupid x on the back, the shape - awful - talk about banana shape, take a look...
they were worth the $110 i paid

View media item 265827
got rid of cause they practically a mid of
da one

Last edited:
Other pair just came in from Eastbay...pretty much a perfect pair.
I wish I could say the same about my pairs. Both of them have flaws like glue stains on elephant print and midsoles, leather scuffs and pre-compressed midsoles like someone had been wearing them already. Dissapointed to say the least
mean.gif

yah the leather was good, but the cut, the stupid x on the back, the shape - awful - talk about banana shape, take a look...

View media item 265827
da one
Nice to see that i'm not the only one that think this way

Last edited:
Has anybody noticed the line imprints on the side of the shoe where the black midsole is all three pairs i got have this same line... Ima try to take pics when i get back home

Im in it for 3/23. Couldnt cop online, didnt have access to internet on rd. People are really picking these shoes apart though, just wear em.

View media item 265827
da one

Thanks for the pic share. JB could easily do this stuff right. I don' t know if it's that molds have been lost over the years or they are just doing it on the cheap..or both?

Those '94s and '01s look like a different shoe almost.

:nerd:

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic share.

You're welcome. I feel people used to share more pics & better pics on here (outside the showcase.) It's the pics that got me into this site.
iJapino used to share pics before that stupid complex article on nt members straight up snubbed him & his contributions.

Last edited:
The hype on the Banned 1's is solely because of the leather. It's not that cheap plastic looking crap we usually get with 1's.

The shoe obviously won't compare to te 94's or 01's, but it had been the best quality 1 in almost 10 years.

The hype on the Banned 1's is solely because of the leather. It's not that cheap plastic looking crap we usually get with 1's.

The shoe obviously won't compare to te 94's or 01's, but it had been the best quality 1 in almost 10 years.
Agree 100% the leather is tremendous especially compared to the junk we've been getting for a long time....

Back
Top Bottom