Gamma Blue 11's

• I'l Cop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nahh I'm good

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I don't know yet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I personally don't like these at all, and I promised myself I'd stay away from this 11's release. But my sibling wants a pair so I'm after a GS size
eyes.gif
. I wonder if it will be a challenge to grab a kids size.
I know most of the lines yesterday were giving out tix for GS sizes. One mall had one ticket left for a sz 3 which means they gave tix for everything!

Man i remember when i had to try on my shoes before i bought em. Auto unds. If its taking someone years to unds a pair and fit into a rotation, u got more problems than u already know.

its not to FIT into the rotation. its to be ready to wear them to be "exclusive"

in all reality, i used to wait a little while for certain shoes like foams since everyone would be wearing them at once. Nike broke me of that habit when it started retroing shoes so frequently.

I remember holding on to my 09 eggplant foams then seeing a massive gr of the 10 eggplants drop... i was like man, did nike just reset my "hold off to rock" meter?

Sit on carmines and nike retros them
sit on CDP XIs and nike retros them
sit on 11 white/cement 3s and nike retros them
sit on infrared 6 pack and nike retros them

you'll never be exclusive with the retro frequency these days

I'm rocking everything. Im not hard on shoes at all. I cant wait to wear my gammas in the spring. I don't play in the snow and the salt in Chicago is crazy.

Man i remember when i had to try on my shoes before i bought em. Auto unds. If its taking someone years to unds a pair and fit into a rotation, u got more problems than u already know.
Hell, you might get attitude from the store reps for even asking to try stuff on during a big release. They want all the lines and people gone ASAP.

Also, nobody used to sell the kicks they had. You just wore ya old Js into beater status. Nowadays, i can pull out my 06 black cat 4s and people offer me money for em.

personally, I might be 32 but Im like a little kid when it comes to shoes. Unless I get doubles or its something I bought specifically to sit and not be worn (ie. my 2000 fire red 5s, concord and Bred XIs), they are generally on my feet within hours of receiving them... Guess thats just me, but not generally worried about looking exclusive. Especially living in a relatively small town where most are wearing cowboy boots, or whatever the local Hibbet's carries which is pretty much all Nike garbage releases.

personally, I might be 32 but Im like a little kid when it comes to shoes. Unless I get doubles or its something I bought specifically to sit and not be worn (ie. my 2000 fire red 5s, concord and Bred XIs), they are generally on my feet within hours of receiving them... Guess thats just me, but not generally worried about looking exclusive. Especially living in a relatively small town where most are wearing cowboy boots, or whatever the local Hibbet's carries which is pretty much all Nike garbage releases.

not even gonna lie... if im not rocking them, ill sit them on top of the shoe box on the floor so i can look at them from time to time for a while...

not even gonna lie... if im not rocking them, ill sit them on top of the shoe box on the floor so i can look at them from time to time for a while...
haha.. just wore mine to the gym this morning... :rofl:

I hear ya though man. I am like that with somethings... for the most part though, i just lace up and have fun, but often times they do get sat up in the room somewhere as a display when not being worn until they really start showing signs of of foot induced violence. :D

Last edited:
Im wearing everything. The only factor I take into account is the weather. I think the new wave is holding on to them to sell at a later date when particular models dry up. I Dont care if Nike produces 100 of em . If I buy them they will be worn.

Last edited:
I usually rock mines within the first week of purchase. Fit and feel is important. If they aren't a comfortable shoe or look good on my foot then theres no reason to keep them and let them take up space unwarrented. If I like them all around, it could be months before I wear them again tho...

bigj505 bigj505 i see that point. Like yesterday i picked the xi hype day to get bred 1 info. Every place i hit had a guy or girl with a bred 11 on that was clean as a whistle. Meanwhile im crunchin snow with my shadows on. Guess i should ve had my royals on. Sad to say thats one of the shoes you could feel exclusive in based on releases. About every decade is the goin rate but gotta wait till dry weather. Much rather treat the exlusive right then to hold them back to try and be exclusive. Close to a million pairs is closer to common anyway.

This release even have my nephew inching for a pair and he never asked me about J's. Dude got mad at me because I didn't make him a WC account , he didn't take into account he told me 3 after the RSVP were sent out.

Hell, you might get attitude from the store reps for even asking to try stuff on during a big release. They want all the lines and people gone ASAP.

Also, nobody used to sell the kicks they had. You just wore ya old Js into beater status. Nowadays, i can pull out my 06 black cat 4s and people offer me money for em.
Yeah thats truth and those days are gone. I tried my royals on back in the day but haha im 38 now. Kids are still kids though and my feet dont grow anymore. Point is wear em and enjoy em while you can. Shoes last longer than life.

its not to FIT into the rotation. its to be ready to wear them to be "exclusive"

in all reality, i used to wait a little while for certain shoes like foams since everyone would be wearing them at once. Nike broke me of that habit when it started retroing shoes so frequently.

I remember holding on to my 09 eggplant foams then seeing a massive gr of the 10 eggplants drop... i was like man, did nike just reset my "hold off to rock" meter?

Sit on carmines and nike retros them
sit on CDP XIs and nike retros them
sit on 11 white/cement 3s and nike retros them
sit on infrared 6 pack and nike retros them

you'll never be exclusive with the retro frequency these days

You hit the nail right on the head. I used to have that same mindset. Now, if I don't see myself wearing them. Sell them. (But thats easier said then done.)

I usually rock mines within the first week of purchase. Fit and feel is important. If they aren't a comfortable shoe or look good on my foot then theres no reason to keep them and let them take up space unwarrented. If I like them all around, it could be months before I wear them again tho...
This! I sometimes wait a bit if it's a rainy week or something...or if it's a shoe that i already have tons of CWs of and know how it fits.

But yea, if it's the first or second of a certain shoe, i'm rocking it right away as well because there really is no point to me. What am I supposed to do with a shoe that is too big/small or is super uncomfortable?

Like others mentioned, being from Ohio, weather forces me most of the time from wearing. The rest of the times it because I don't have the time to wear them (suit and tie everyday)...

I just got my call from HoH. Salty all the sz 14 were gone so had to get a 13.

I'm just waiting for the first news report of someone getting killed over this release

Every year someone dies over a Jordan 11 sadly

I'm in 4 raffles hopefully I win 1 if not ehh just leather and rubber

I'll live

Went to one of the smaller FTL's that got them.. Showed up at 730 and was first to wait. Glad I came when I did, because they only had 1 size 13. 1 pair down, 1 more to go for my boy in Afghanistan

my thing isn't really trying to be exclusive,it's just in my city every where you go if you wear a j released within the last 3 months @ least 10 other  people have the same shoe on.i don't want to be part of that so i try to always have some type of level of individuality.i guess you could say i'm eccentric. 

Back
Top Bottom