Official Air Jordan I Retro BLACK/ROYAL Thread FEB 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basketmania comes out to $196 shipped to US. Takes 14-21 days to arrive they said. Ordered the size 14 in hopes to trade for my size and test authenticity of them

Basketmania comes out to $196 shipped to US. Takes 14-21 days to arrive they said. Ordered the size 14 in hopes to trade for my size and test authenticity of them
Yup I ordered from them too.  They sent me a paypal invoice for an additional £20 for shipping.  Still a lot better than resale.

Repped! Needed 2 more pairs as the other ones I had been able to order online were for family. I currently have some friends doing research work in Frankston until March 3rd so the free store pick-up was a nice option. Just told them to pay for it using their cards and that I'd reimburse them via PayPal. Comes out to just over $186 USD for each. A bit more than what I'd like to pay, but I'm set on Royals for awhile...
did you figure out shipping costs yet? 

Prices just keep rising everywhere. The thirst is real.
Yeah... I broke down a couple days ago and had to pull the trigger on a 9.5 for $280.  The ebay listing was up for no more than 5 minutes before I took it haha.  Now I feel dirty.

Trying to get my cousin in Germany to ship me another pair though.

Thought I'd post email reply from a UK retailer, thought it could shed some light on stock/restock.

Hi,

The Jordan 1 Royal is sadly all sold out, they went online yesterday at 9.00 CET.
We where expecting a restock but sadly something went wrong over at Nike and we will not receive any more pairs.
If this would change, if more pairs magically appears we will post this on our Facebook page, Twitter and on our blog.

We have no possibility to get back to al customers who ask about them so follow us via the links below to keep updated about new releases and restocks like this.

Best regards
Olof

Last edited:
damn-you-animated-gif.gif

Thought I'd post email reply from SNS, thought it could shed some light on stock/restock.

Hi,

The Jordan 1 Royal is sadly all sold out, they went online yesterday at 9.00 CET.
We where expecting a restock but sadly something went wrong over at Nike and we will not receive any more pairs.
If this would change, if more pairs magically appears we will post this on our Facebook page, Twitter and on our blog.

We have no possibility to get back to al customers who ask about them so follow us via the links below to keep updated about new releases and restocks like this.

Best regards
Olof
SNS
sorry but what is sns and do they sale their shoes at retail prices.

The odds of picking one up on a restock will probably be slim to none

EDIT: would $285 be good? I can't bring myself to do it...
Have to agree. Everyone is hoping for a restock, but we all know how those go. They were limited from the start and sold out within seconds, one can only imagine fi they do restock quantities will be even smaller than the initial drop. Wish my buddy in Germany had more free time, but working for the government his time is scarce or id be calling him up to check out some places..good luck to those who are continuing to search..

I started collecting in '00/'01. I was 15/16 y/o when I started collecting. Here is a pic of my early DS collection around '02/'03.

As you can see, I had the '01 Jordan I's (and True Blues). In '04, I ended up trading both my Jordan I's for 2 pairs of Sheeds and $100 dollars. Even though I loved my I's, I am the AirForce1King. It was very necessary for me to have the Sheeds at the time. A few months later, I began to sorely miss my Jordan I's. They quickly became grail status. Not willing to pay Ebay prices of $400+, I had to wait for the retros. I did not cop the Bred Strapped I's as the strap turned me off. I did manage to cop 2 of the 60+ DMP packs on release day. I did not care about the Jumpman on the back, I just needed the colorway in a high top w/o a stupid strap or any dumb patent leather. They were close enough. I attempted to get Banned I's on release day. I failed miserably but I was NOT willing to pay those Ebay prices for a shoe I already got essentially, especially since I was not going to be wearing them. I also copped 2 pairs of Bred AJKO's last year. I'm satisfied with my Jordan I Bred collection.

Now comes the Royal I's. I been waiting on this retro for 9 years. I do not care if they released with a Jumpman on the back and tongue, I was going to get this shoe. They did one step better and made them almost OG. I am so happy to have these in my collection. If I can just get rid of this stupid 9 and get my size 12, I'll be 1 step closer to retirement (desperately need that Seattle X retro). I'm actually pretty ticked I only got 1 pair and I'm even more ticked all of these people are suddenly on this Jordan I wave. In '01, I walked in FL and bought both I's and True Blues with NO problem. There wasn't even a line. Fast forward 12 years later and there's a sudden frenzy for them by people much younger than me. Hopefully some time in the future I lock down a second pair...

Man, these were the only pair I wanted. Didn't eem want any of the retros that have released in the past year. :lol: |I

People are acting as if a restock will drop the prices significantly. NT doesnt like to face the facts. Chances of copping off of a restock are the same as copping off of that czech site, very slim. I really want to cop a 2nd pair but i highly doubt that will happen

Last edited:
Not yet. Apparently the Chinese New Year delayed alot of shipments, we'll all find out around Feb.25...
Please people, stop saying this. The Chinese New Year did not have ANYTHING TO DO with shipments or production #'s or anything. They simply just did not make that many pairs, then you add on the demand and it makes them scarce. If Chinese New Year had an affect on Nike then all the kicks that dropped this weekend would be scarce. They all come from china. How in the world is Chinese New Year affecting ONLY the royal 1's and not any of the other kicks that dropped this weekend. Come on gentlemen. Use ur heads.

Im sorry if this has been posted before but im just curious was the 2001 royals a GR or limited like this year's?

By all accounts they sat in stores, even tho they were individually numbered.  My 01 breds say 4663 of 38345.  

Plus you gotta remember that back then people weren't into retros, everybody was still on whatever the newest Air Jordan was

lol the 2001s were supposedly individually numbered but it didnt take long before NTers compared their pairs and figured out JB was using the same tags with the same numbers on every other pair. :rolleyes :smh:

The OG style Black/reds and retro+ White/Navy were the first to release and released the same day. Both of these colorways sold pretty well especially the black/red.

The OG style Black/Royals and retro+ Neutral Grey/Silver released the same day about a month or so after the blk/red and wht/nvy but both of these colorways sat long enough to go on sale. I specifically remember copping my royals on sale at champs for for 59.99 a week before the true blue IIIs came out in November 2001. The neutral grey/silvers sat for the longest, I copped a pair in late 2002 at footlocker on state st in Chicago for next to nothing (39.99 I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom