:::Official Air Jordan IV Retro "Cavs" release thread 5/12/12: NO BUYING, SELLING OR TRADING!::

Originally Posted by DEpast

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by dmenshunzz

haha, everyone of these threads has those "purists" that blame resellers, everyone else got excuses as to why the game has changed..

it's the system now, people gotta learn to accept it. if u don't like it then it's gonna be tough for you to adjust to the game.. just like politics .. err nvm we'll not get into that, people may get salty 

anyways, i just wanna see what fits everyone has going w/ these.. i know they're starting to roll in so where the pics at? i'll post mine up tomorrow once mine come in

you do realize that mindset is what leads to some of the worst moments in human history.  "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.."  it always starts somewhere,  and to blatantly take advantage of another person who doesnt have the same "means" as you is a starting point...
You do realize we're talking about some damn kicks and not some apocalyptic %@@% right? Ease up on the proverbs and testimonials.
You beat me to it.  We are talking about shoes.  Not bread, not water, not a necessity...a damn air jordan.  That's the problem.  People treat these shoes as if they are a need.  They aren't a need.  They're a want.  And guess what?  If you don't get this one, the way JB is these days, there will be another one coming down the pike that you can pick up.  People are allowing themselves to be taken advantage of.  In fact, they're not being taken advantage of.  They're doing it of their own volition. 

Originally Posted by air4life

you do realize that mindset is what leads to some of the worst moments in human history.  "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.."  it always starts somewhere,  and to blatantly take advantage of another person who doesnt have the same "means" as you is a starting point...
You do realize we're talking about some damn kicks and not some apocalyptic %@@% right? Ease up on the proverbs and testimonials.
You beat me to it.  We are talking about shoes.  Not bread, not water, not a necessity...a damn air jordan.  That's the problem.  People treat these shoes as if they are a need.  They aren't a need.  They're a want.  And guess what?  If you don't get this one, the way JB is these days, there will be another one coming down the pike that you can pick up.  People are allowing themselves to be taken advantage of.  In fact, they're not being taken advantage of.  They're doing it of their own volition. 
did i say anything about shoes in my post? didnt think so, because i wasnt talking about the shoes, im talking about the morals(or lack there of) some people have...but hey what do i know, apparently responsibility only applies to "important" things such as food and shelter.  is that why its ok to steal someones shoes where you live?  cause: "hey, they didnt NEED them anyways"...its a slippery slope friend, at least one that people who are raised with morals can recognize...

I really want a pair of these but I refuse to pay reseller prices. Shoe game is out of wack a dude cant get one pair to put on his damn feet but others can buy a 8 different sizes just to take pictures and sell them

haha, everyone of these threads has those "purists" that blame resellers, everyone else got excuses as to why the game has changed..

it's the system now, people gotta learn to accept it. if u don't like it then it's gonna be tough for you to adjust to the game.. just like politics .. err nvm we'll not get into that, people may get salty 

anyways, i just wanna see what fits everyone has going w/ these.. i know they're starting to roll in so where the pics at? i'll post mine up tomorrow once mine come in

exactly. thats what i have been telling some collectors i know in my area that have been nagging how resellers messed up how we buy kicks these days. we just have to adapt and work harder then the resellers. releases got so out of hand in SAC that the mall made every release a raffle, even general releases and now this twitter rsvp BS. i just adpated to the new way and its working good. i also love what eastbay and NDC did by releasing there stock at 5am pacific. we just have to adapt to these new time thats all and work harder if you really want a shoe. 

did i say anything about shoes in my post? didnt think so, because i wasnt talking about the shoes, im talking about the morals(or lack there of) some people have...but hey what do i know, apparently responsibility only applies to "important" things such as food and shelter.  is that why its ok to steal someones shoes where you live?  cause: "hey, they didnt NEED them anyways"...its a slippery slope friend, at least one that people who are raised with morals can recognize...
Oh I don't know, I guess I thought you were speaking about shoes because we are in the Cav IV thread of the Jordan section.  And WTH are you talking about?  You equate stealing with reselling shoes?  You see no difference between someone willfully buying a product, and someone getting their shoes jacked?  You're extrapolating moral teachings from a thread about reselling shoes?  So reselling shoes is amoral?  WOW.  You're commenting on the way someone was raised based on their opinion about reselling a shoe?  There's no slippery slope.  This is just opportunity.  Resellers have an opportunity to make a dollar.  If you're stupid enough to buy it at their price, so be it.  That's your fault.  If these pieces of leather are that important to your psyche that you are willing to spend 100-150 dollars over MSRP to obtain them, then that's on you.  There's no moral component about this.  It's business.  Period.   

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 at all the pairs on Ebay.....

Im just looking at my pair again and i truly am in amazement how much a non-OG colorway has grabbed my attention. agree or disagree, this release is a breath of fresh air from all the Bulls colorways that are released. I will even go out on a limb and say this is one of the best retro+ colorways in years. (and I can care less about resell, I'm keeping these and they will be rocked to the fullest)

Originally Posted by SacTycoon

exactly. thats what i have been telling some collectors i know in my area that have been nagging how resellers messed up how we buy kicks these days. we just have to adapt and work harder then the resellers. releases got so out of hand in SAC that the mall made every release a raffle, even general releases and now this twitter rsvp BS. i just adpated to the new way and its working good. i also love what eastbay and NDC did by releasing there stock at 5am pacific. we just have to adapt to these new time thats all and work harder if you really want a shoe. 

^^This....

Originally Posted by sthebest

Im just looking at my pair again and i truly am in amazement how much a non-OG colorway has grabbed my attention. agree or disagree, this release is a breath of fresh air from all the Bulls colorways that are released. I will even go out on a limb and say this is one of the best retro+ colorways in years. (and I can care less about resell, I'm keeping these and they will be rocked to the fullest)
Agreed. Once I saw the pics I'm like, "I'll cop cause they're Cavs' colorway and I'm Cleveland, born and raised." The pics did NOT do this shoe justice. Once I opened my box I'm like "Yo, this colorway is MAD fresh." I've been looking at them since Saturday. This truly is a nice shoe...

Originally Posted by sthebest

I 100 percent agree. Some of the most popular cw's of all time on jordans just dont do it for me. I dont wear so much black and red i guess. I love these. Plus they NY colors

Originally Posted by HTXMade

Finishline shipped my pair
Are you selling a pair that hasn't arrived at your doorstep yet? Is that what we're doing nowadays?
i got hit up by a dude sellin em, who didnt even have em yet. Im like dude, come on mannnn

Some of you guys are missing the point like a freethrow shot.

The fact that we're talking about shoes, as oppose to more pressing matters such as food, water, etc, is THAT MUCH MORE REASON why you should NOT have to work harder and/or outwork resellers.

In fact, how can you outwork a reseller if that's their main gig? But alas, I know I'm getting no where with this. So let's all just continue to hail the people that can cop the most kicks on RD and flip for the most profit. Yea, lets do that...that's whats good in 2012...

Yikes.

These (official) threads keep getting worse and worse...

Most of it is just people posting low-key (or not-so-low-key) want requests...

Others are just free-posting to advertise their signatures (with the shoes being discussed for re-sell)...

Now, this thread has a bunch of straight-up bragging about how much they resold them for.

Do whatever you want with the kicks... I just don't see the point trying to resell/discuss reselling them in these type of threads. It just makes people angry and is basically trolling those who couldn't get them for retail (and thus, are in this thread looking for restock information, etc.).

Anyway, these weren't available in my area... but not a problem, as I'm not a huge fan of them (haven't seen them in person, though, so maybe that would change my mind... but I doubt it). It's impossible not to think "Knicks" with these (even though they are the Cav's old colors... well, not really the black base, but the shade of orange and blue is). I think the black base is what throws it off for me (when relating them to the actual Cavalier's colors of old).

You know what's funny?  People act as if being a reseller and a sneaker head are mutually exclusive.  Just take a look at everyone signature in this thread.  EVERYONE is selling shoes.  We are the problem.  The shoes get hyped up.  People who have no interest in shoes become interested because there is money to be made.  The result is that you have grandmas and grandpas standing in line for the next release.  This makes it harder for people who want the shoe to actually wear to get the shoe.  Those people end up missing out and purchasing from grandma and grandpa, thus reinforcing their standing in line.  And the cycle continues.... Case in point.  I know we notice shoes.  We're on a shoe forum so we notice shoes.  To me, there seems to be a discrepancy between the effort it takes to obtain Jordans and the amount you see people wearing on the street.  It seems like everyone and their mother wants Jordans and this is reflected in how hard it is to purchase them on release date.  But then you look around, and I don't see a ton of people wearing Jordans where I'm at.  I walk through the mall and kids don't have Jordans on.  Where are they going?  It's grandma and grandpa buying them up and throwing them on Ebay, CL..etc....and the cycle continues
roll.gif

I don't have any shoes on sale in my sig so you're wrong, if I order a shoe and end up not liking them I send them back or let someone have them for retail. I've sold Space Jams and Lebron South Beaches for under $220 and I priced them for that much to take care of the Ebay fees and Shipping, I just don't believe in raping people who just want to own a pair of shoes, it's not like it'll extend their life or make them richer so I don't see why I should charge them ridiculous money. 

Originally Posted by The7onius

You know what's funny?  People act as if being a reseller and a sneaker head are mutually exclusive.  Just take a look at everyone signature in this thread.  EVERYONE is selling shoes.  We are the problem.  The shoes get hyped up.  People who have no interest in shoes become interested because there is money to be made.  The result is that you have grandmas and grandpas standing in line for the next release.  This makes it harder for people who want the shoe to actually wear to get the shoe.  Those people end up missing out and purchasing from grandma and grandpa, thus reinforcing their standing in line.  And the cycle continues.... Case in point.  I know we notice shoes.  We're on a shoe forum so we notice shoes.  To me, there seems to be a discrepancy between the effort it takes to obtain Jordans and the amount you see people wearing on the street.  It seems like everyone and their mother wants Jordans and this is reflected in how hard it is to purchase them on release date.  But then you look around, and I don't see a ton of people wearing Jordans where I'm at.  I walk through the mall and kids don't have Jordans on.  Where are they going?  It's grandma and grandpa buying them up and throwing them on Ebay, CL..etc....and the cycle continues
roll.gif

I don't have any shoes on sale in my sig so you're wrong, if I order a shoe and end up not liking them I send them back or let someone have them for retail. I've sold Space Jams and Lebron South Beaches for under $220 and I priced them for that much to take care of the Ebay fees and Shipping, I just don't believe in raping people who just want to own a pair of shoes, it's not like it'll extend their life or make them richer so I don't see why I should charge them ridiculous money. 

great post

Originally Posted by The7onius

roll.gif

^ Hats off to you for this post bro.
pimp.gif

haha this def is complete opposite of the 12 playoffs forum where people helping each other out.. people gonna do what they're gonna do.. u can help others, u can brag.. i'll just try to avoid those selling for rape prices

haha this def is complete opposite of the 12 playoffs forum where people helping each other out.. people gonna do what they're gonna do.. u can help others, u can brag.. i'll just try to avoid those selling for rape prices

I helped 2 people out with playoffs thinking id get some karma back my way when I miss out on a release. Hasnt been the case cuz I sitll havent found anyone willing to help me with a 9 or 9.5

Back
Top Bottom