Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I won a pair on eBay for $175 shipped. Jackass reseller told me the shoes are damaged, and he returned the shoes to the store. Why do these dumb people think they'll get rich reselling newly released shoes?:smh:

I won a pair on eBay for $175 shipped. Jackass reseller told me the shoes are damaged, and he returned the shoes to the store. Why do these dumb people think they'll get rich reselling newly released shoes?
mean.gif
lol bet he puts them up for auction again, he probably just wanted more $$$

Got one of my shipping confirmation from my Nikestore.com order. Got two pairs from them in different sizes. Why they don't ship on the same day is beyond me. Perhaps because I ordered two sizes? I just wanted to make sure I got the right size because of how J's have been fitting this year.  

Exactly what I'm thinking. Might just try to unload them, maybe someone will want them, I don't care if I lose out $5-10 if that's what it takes.
You can def get what you paid for them on ebay, im guessing you paid $160

can't believe JB accepted these cheap shoes as "retail worthy". just as horrible quality as mars IV, if not worse.

white cements were so good. even military was decent. but these...
mean.gif

mean.gif

Check this toe box..looks like frankenstein tried them on.

Also has some sweet runny paint looking leather, tried my best to get it on camera, you can sort of see it, it's also in the above pics at the tip where it meets the sole

Same on other shoe, you can see the "runny paint" a little better on this one near the front right corner, this one actually has ripples, also the frankenstein toebox strikes again, although not as bad

Side of toebox on right shoe (with some bonus glue)

As I said, frankenstein himself walked around the factory wearing these bad boys

Don't know how they managed to get glue all the way up there all over the winglets. Was tough to get on cam but I did my best

Look how high this tag is!?

And a little bit of consolation glue! Don't ask how they got it that high

Saw a friend last night who copped these and I can't believe how high the tongue is on this shoe.
also after 1 wear the creasing was insane. I have mars 4's from 06? compared to these the mare are SO MUCH BETTER.
These are one of my fave j's of all time as the OG's were one of my 1st pairs when I was a kid but I'm glad I chose NOT to cop these
in the end.

I camped out for 5 hours for my pair at Finish Line and my pair doesn't have creases on the toebox at all but the right shoe has scratches on the toebox :frown: also the tounges aren't really straight. Other than that my pair is great.

Check this toe box..looks like frankenstein tried them on.

Also has some sweet runny paint looking leather, tried my best to get it on camera, you can sort of see it, it's also in the above pics at the tip where it meets the sole

Same on other shoe, you can see the "runny paint" a little better on this one near the front right corner, this one actually has ripples, also the frankenstein toebox strikes again, although not as bad

Side of toebox on right shoe (with some bonus glue)

As I said, frankenstein himself walked around the factory wearing these bad boys

Don't know how they managed to get glue all the way up there all over the winglets. Was tough to get on cam but I did my best

Look how high this tag is!?

And a little bit of consolation glue! Don't ask how they got it that high

Your comments had me dying :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
All these negative comments are scaring me... I bought 2 pairs, 1 from FNL and 1 from NDC... My FNL order will be here by Friday, but my NDC order is still in progress and haven't even been shipped yet. Hope 1 of my pair coming is on point.

I'm actually one of those who liked the Military 4 retro quality that came with the soft leather. I don't really mind the creasing, and was able to minimize the toe creasing by wearing them with force fields. I also got .5 size smaller to fit it more snug to minimize creasing.

Both my pairs have high tags and they came from Finishline. IMO the military blues are way better than these. I just don't get all the reviewers posting videos that say these shoes are good quality w/respect to the leather. I literally TRIED my pairs on and had creasing all around the ankles, mid foot and toe box, shoes are not supposed to do this. JB cheaped out on us bottom line. Whatever sweat shop these are coming from must be dirt cheap to have shoes produced this bad.

Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT settle for a sub par product in which we pay a premium price, take your shoes back and send a message to JB. I believe you can even send em back to Nike and file a complaint about quality, they will issue a voucher within 30 days or so.

Mine came in today, no creasing until I took the insets out, then it was like the shoe folded in on itself. These are really bad, worst retro in a few years. It's a shame too, I was super siked. I will happily be returning my pairs. I think it's about time we start a petition and cite this release as an example. This leather is really really bad
i agree this was the worse quality that i have ever gotten on a retro.

WOW all i am hearing and seeing is that these turned out really horrible, size tag up too high WTF is that?
Anybody else have this problem?
hahah its crazy i feel like we all got sold fakes or something.  So many problems smh
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom