Official Air Jordan IV white/varsity red RELEASE THREAD 8/4/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Will you be buying the white/varsity red IV's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
I got this problem and it bothers me a bit because i personally have somewhat small ankles so you can see it at times.
Now I need to check mine, cuz that is something I would've overlooked cuz I was mad heated.

^ same with me the frankenstein comments had me cracking up :lol:
Right. Im at my OG crib and I think I woke her up from laughing.

i agree this was the worse quality that i have ever gotten on a retro.
This is the worst one. I am glad people are opening their eyes. Pages ago I tried to tell people but I was told to shutup and "they aren't that bad"

stop trying spread aids infected shoes to people. DO NOT BUY
:rofl:

Alright, now I just noticed that not only is the tag high on both shoes, they are placed wrong :x
11j8850.jpg

it is hard to see at that angle, but if you rotate the pic you'll see. I only wear jeans so I'm not too bothered by that.

returning these shoes that I have waited so long for is gonna be hard. I will need a friend to come with me so I don't **** out.

Last edited:
Both my pairs have high tags and they came from Finishline. IMO the military blues are way better than these. I just don't get all the reviewers posting videos that say these shoes are good quality w/respect to the leather. I literally TRIED my pairs on and had creasing all around the ankles, mid foot and toe box, shoes are not supposed to do this. JB cheaped out on us bottom line. Whatever sweat shop these are coming from must be dirt cheap to have shoes produced this bad.
Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT settle for a sub par product in which we pay a premium price, take your shoes back and send a message to JB. I believe you can even send em back to Nike and file a complaint about quality, they will issue a voucher within 30 days or so.

The reason that the reviews say its good quality is because they have a relationship for early release sits and they get paif to say that the shoes are grey and to buy them here. Its not even a review anymore its a commercial.

Saw a friend last night who copped these and I can't believe how high the tongue is on this shoe.
also after 1 wear the creasing was insane. I have mars 4's from 06? compared to these the mare are SO MUCH BETTER.
These are one of my fave j's of all time as the OG's were one of my 1st pairs when I was a kid but I'm glad I chose NOT to cop these
in the end.

I put mine on for like 5 minutes and they felt so weird with shorts because the tongue was so high!

^^ Its like they made them high on purpose for all the HIPSTERS who are wearing them with skinny jeans
and having the tongue exposed if you know what I mean.

My pair came in yesterday evening from Richard's Sporting Goods and they look great. Satisfied customer. :smokin

Can anyone post pics of the tongue along side the WC4, CAVS, and MILI4 release... I'm pretty sure they are all the same.

my pair doesnt arrive until monday from NDC
eyes.gif

but I saw my friends pair yesterday and DAAMN they were really precreased. WC4 leather is definately more stiff

One of my pairs the upper was literally all wrinkled and wavy looking. I showed it to a footlocker employee and he immediately switched them out. Both of them came pre-creased on the toe box, even when I had one switched out. To this day my Mars IV's after about 50-60 wears have less creasing than my DS and VND 2012 Fire Red pairs. Oh well better luck next time, I guess. :frown: :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom