Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

Im on the hunt for a 94 pair...if i cant then these will do...or the ajko's :nerd:

so i guess if a collector has the AJ1 white-black-red 1995 retro & either the 95, 01 or banned 11 AJ1 black-red,

then the black toe with the nike air would round out the collection of 'bulls' aj1 - all with nike air

if you follow me, i think beyond calling it a troll move, that is specifically why they dogged this release
because a collector would already have the 95 but might not necessarily have the 1985 original black toe

so if someone over there did it like that, i understand, but if it were my decision, i would have put nike air on these too

Last edited:
AJ-I-Red-Toe-M-0m.jpg

AJ-I-Red-Toe-M-00m.jpg

AJ-I-Red-Toe-M-000m.jpg

AJ-I-Red-Toe-M-0000m.jpg
:smh: marquee sole has done it again :wow: :nthat:. their pics>>>>>>>>

I was using the bathroom and a serious thought about these came to my head. Jordan brand could've easily appeased everyone by simply keeping the Nike air on the tongue and keeping the jumpman on the back. Would've been good enough for me. *shrug* don't matter, doubling up on these regardless.

I don't understand why JB bastardize these.While the black toes and royal get the Nike air and
no jumpman on the back.

Last edited:
so i guess if a collector has the AJ1 white-black-red 1995 retro & either the 95, 01 or banned 11 AJ1 black-red,

then the black toe with the nike air would round out the collection of 'bulls' aj1 - all with nike air

if you follow me, i think beyond calling it a troll move, that is specifically why they dogged this release
because a collector would already have the 95 but might not necessarily have the 1985 original black toe

so if someone over there did it like that, i understand, but if it were my decision, i would have put nike air on these too

I follow. I've been wondering the same thing about a number of puzzling moves/changes by JB
The thing I cant figure out though, is that, suppose what you said above is true. That JB concocted this elaborate scheme to release true OG quality retros only once ever, and if you missed your shot back in 95 so be it. This scheme wouldn't put money into JB because it benefits only collectors who made their purchases 15 years ago.

Why would JB care to preserve the OG caliber quality and exclusiveness for people who arent giving them any more money?
What difference does it make to JB whether collectors' have rare OG quality shoes, and noobz have altered retros?

Last edited:
I think that the box is pretty cool. Makes me a little bit more excited for those 1's next year lol.

I follow. I've been wondering the same thing about a number of puzzling moves/changes by JB
The thing I cant figure out though, is that, suppose what you said above is true. That JB concocted this elaborate scheme to release true OG quality retros only once ever, and if you missed your shot back in 95 so be it. This scheme wouldn't put money into JB because it benefits only collectors who made their purchases 15 years ago.
Why would JB care to preserve the OG caliber quality and exclusiveness for people who arent giving them any more money?
What difference does it make to JB whether collectors' have rare OG quality shoes, and noobz have altered retros?

the answer to your question is exactly what i disagree with & why i stated if it was my decision...
they have to choose a marketing concept & they use this one as it fits in the most with retro history

how can i put it...i respect the intent on this one in relation to the current way things are calculated
nike knows what i mean

Last edited:

I honestly think JB really doesn't want their most iconic 1 colorway retroed again in the '95 form. Think about it, they avoided these at all cost. First the patent leathers, Alphas, & AJKOs. So when they ultimately had to drop again they wanted them as far from the 85's. I think they won't be doing Nike Air on these until they retro again which maybe another 15 years.

I don't understand why JB bastardize these.While the black toes and royal get the Nike air and
no jumpman on the back.

These will probably be widely available while the royal/black and black toes are limited. :smh:

What is the exact release date for these?

I have mixed feelings about the leather tongue.
Pro: it is easier to maintain than the white mesh
Con: altered design due to different material

These will probably be widely available while the royal/black and black toes are limited. :smh:

stupid marketing strategy.
Just release all 3 colorways at least 300.000 pairs world wide.
They will sell good. limiting them to maybe 25.000 pairs
might be having a good sell out record but less revenue in total :smh:

I honestly think JB really doesn't want their most iconic 1 colorway retroed again in the '95 form. Think about it, they avoided these at all cost. First the patent leathers, Alphas, & AJKOs. So when they ultimately had to drop again they wanted them as far from the 85's. I think they won't be doing Nike Air on these until they retro again which maybe another 15 years.

the answer to your question is exactly what i disagree with & why i stated if it was my decision...
they have to choose a marketing concept & they use this one as it fits in the most with retro history

how can i put it...i respect the intent on this one in relation to the current way things are calculated
nike knows what i mean

It seems so small minded, this marketing scheme doesnt make sense to me. I dont see how JB benefits from this. They dont see any profit from preserving old collections.

I find it hard to believe that a greedy cash grab company like JB, which has spent years tarnishing the legacy of its shoes, would make so much effort to ensure that old time collectors, who arent spending any more money, are protected

^^^not only that, but the older shoes can barely be worn anymore. Years break them down. People like me want to be able to wear the shoes in their original form. At some point, the older shoes will be gone, as far as wearing them.

LOL at anybody that thinks JB cares about a "collector" JB cares about $$$$ and only $$$$. Like people said earlier, they will make this trash a GR and then probably re-release them at some point with the banned treatment (I hope)

nike knows what i mean

It seems so small minded, this marketing scheme doesnt make sense to me. I dont see how JB benefits from this. They dont see any profit from preserving old collections.

I find it hard to believe that a greedy cash grab company like JB, which has spent years tarnishing the legacy of its shoes, would make so much effort to ensure that old time collectors, who arent spending any more money, are protected

It's not that they're not trying to have people buy em, it's more as a marketing scheme. I.E. they drop the Hi strap b/reds in '08, buyers to get them. then drop em the DMP '09 without the strap, buyers are happy there no strap so buy those too. Lastly the Banneds in correct retro mold, buyers go ape**** and buy those too. Same goes for the Blk toe/Old Loves, varsity/infared 6, Mars/Fire Red 4, etc. They want buyers to buy, then buy again when they retro em correctly. Exception to the Royals which retroed twice in the right form.

JB isn't a fool wen it come to getting consumers.

Last edited:
It's not that they're not trying to have people buy em, it's more as a marketing scheme. I.E. they drop the Hi strap b/reds in '08, buyers to get them. then drop em the DMP '09 without the strap, buyers are happy there no strap so buy those too. Lastly the Banneds in correct retro mold, buyers go ape**** and buy those too. Same goes for the Blk toe/Old Loves, varsity/infared 6, Mars/Fire Red 4, etc. They want buyers to buy, then buy again when they retro em correctly. Exception to the Royals which retroed twice in the right form.

good points.
it makes more sense seeing it this way, where JB keeps re;easing jacked up models so the consumer essential has to buy the same shoe twice

good points.
it makes more sense seeing it this way, where JB keeps re;easing jacked up models so the consumer essential has to buy the same shoe twice
It's sad that they resort to such tactics, but honestly it's good business on their part.  Somehow they get us to buy the same shoe again and again.

I can wait until they do these properly.  If they don't retro them again then I'll deal with it.  Gotta draw a line somewhere.

good points.

It's sad that they resort to such tactics, but honestly it's good business on their part.  Somehow they get us to buy the same shoe again and again.

I can wait until they do these properly.  If they don't retro them again then I'll deal with it.  Gotta draw a line somewhere.

@Zephyr exactly.

@Sneakerfan1 yea. Just wait until they Nike Air em even if its 5, 10 years from now. Or just get 85's or 95's. I will personally customize these into blank heel Nike airs.

Back
Top Bottom