Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Originally Posted by JumpmanPro97

Originally Posted by jonathan79936

I don't know if it's just me but these feel so tight to me.
yea I think people had to go a 1/2 size up

It all depends on your foot.
I got my true size, 11, and they fit snug but perfect in the length.
Umph! I bet it did.

grin.gif

But on the so sinsurr note... i actually cut off the forefoot straps.

Not only to they fit much more comfortably...

but the creasage has been kept to a minimum due to it.

Will post images when i get home.

xoxo.

Originally Posted by tr1cksone

so.. in CANADA, yes, Montreal, Quebec, Canada (for those that don't know it's a 6 hour drive north from NYC) the FTLs work on a pre-order with MOST of the Jordans, at least the retros. There are other retailers but I like to stick with them. I have to say that with all the built up hype around release dates recently, this is definitely the way to go. Basically on RD the other retailers are swamped but FTL has no lines because you either ordered a pair or you didn't, point blank. The thing is, when I go to make my pick up, I am basically stuck with the shoe. If i'm not happy with the quality of the shoe it's tough luck because I already ordered it, I guess technically I could refuse purchase (only pay on RD not when I pre-order) but with the FTLs being so limited around here and employees generally being shady (managed to get on the good side of a few), I don't really want to burn any bridges.
Here is a pic of the Chicago X's that I picked up on RD... Yes, I did do a quick examination on the spot but you can't analyze everything in 30 seconds. Plus with the whole hangtag scenario, I was busy checking for that and I guess I was a little distracted. 

The picture shows wasup, but not really to the full extent. there is a clutter of excess stitching around the defected area, I want to say I'm surprised by the poor quality... but I am just more disappointed. 

O well I guess I just have to be grateful for the fact that I don't have to deal with camping on RD (although FTL doesn't receive everything and sometimes I am forced to drive 6hrs to NT Toronto to camp there lol) 

Anyone else have issues with the poor stitching quality? I saw the picutre of the outsole that is off, not sure if I would rather have that pair or mine. Anyways there's nothing I can really do about it, and that's where as a consumer it feels as though JB has you by the balls.

bad quality iPod pics but you get the idea, 

Is this f'd up or am I being picky? 
You didn't like what you saw the and you went ahead and bought them.

If you don't like what you see, just return them. *that what I would have done*

I don't care if I burn bridges, I'll kindly tell them "no thanks". *done it many times and my connects don't care*

FL or any other retail shouldn't give you issues. If you don't like what you've got, return it.

But at the end of the day its your money to burn, so if your satisfied with it kudos to you.

I'm sure I missed on all the restocks, but I refuse to purchase from a reseller for way above retail so I guess I will do without....

If anyone is still looking for these in a 12 start calling eastbay in a few days. Sent my piar back this morning, too small.

^hey dr damon
smile.gif

funny how everyone reckons these are small. i went true to size (9), and they fit perfect... maybe i'm buying shoes too big still, and i need to go back to 8.5 from now on.... and to think i was once a 10. freaky feet.

didn't see the defect when i bought them. at least it's good to know someone doesn't think they look too bad, thats a bit of consolation i guess.

The quality is really good on these they look dope on feet with some cargo shorts and some Jordan socks and Along with The Retro 10 Shirt from champs.

Originally Posted by eltouha

^hey dr damon
smile.gif

funny how everyone reckons these are small. i went true to size (9), and they fit perfect... maybe i'm buying shoes too big still, and i need to go back to 8.5 from now on.... and to think i was once a 10. freaky feet.
^ To this day, it boggles my mind how your size changes over the years. lol

Originally Posted by WindyCity45

The quality is really good on these they look dope on feet with some cargo shorts and some Jordan socks and Along with The Retro 10 Shirt from champs.
A pic of the shirt?

Originally Posted by eltouha

^hey dr damon
smile.gif

Hey man good to see you post. For me the length was ok but the edge of the 3/4 length unit that they are trying to pass off as full length sits right under the ball of my right foot which is bigger. The left foot was fine. It's too bad you can no longer walk into a store and try on a Jordan retro before buying it

You don't need to be Jordan from head to toe, that's OD

once i get my foot in these narrow shoes they become unbelievably comfortable.  i think they are the most comfortable j's i have.

Originally Posted by matothett

once i get my foot in these narrow shoes they become unbelievably comfortable.  i think they are the most comfortable j's i have.

QFT.
These and the 3's are top 3 in comfort level.

Originally Posted by Magic1978

You don't need to be Jordan from head to toe, that's OD
I know haha i got the clothes as a gift from my girlfriend for valentines day
happy.gif

Originally Posted by matothett

I haven't had a chance to wear mine yet but that's definitely good to know... 

These were extremely snug on me and I have slender feet...I usually wear a size 8.5 in Jordans but that size was sold out in my local spot so I tried the size 8 they had and I couldn't even get my foot in the pair at all...those elastic bands definitely need a stretching out...

Originally Posted by cleaverkicks

These were extremely snug on me and I have slender feet...I usually wear a size 8.5 in Jordans but that size was sold out in my local spot so I tried the size 8 they had and I couldn't even get my foot in the pair at all...those elastic bands definitely need a stretching out...

That is for sure everytime i put them on i need to unlace them and loosen the laces.

Got to give JB there props on the Air Jordan X Chicago much better quality then some of there previous retros they put out. All the 10's usually fit snug going back to the OG's.

Back
Top Bottom