Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

It's funny to me. Resellers act like they are doing the true sneakerhead a favor by buying up all of the stock to "support" the people who missed out.
smh.gif

I'm not mad at somebody else for having enough $ to buy what they wanna purchase but c'mon, regardless, there ARE some people out there who don't got money like that who would like to have a pair of shoes without stretching over and beyond because some people wanna selfishly purchase the majority of the packs.

And no I'm not referring to myself either, because A) I get paid very well, but B) I've been there before when I was a kid and not everyone can afford the extra $ to give to a reseller.

SMH at the "shoe game"
smh.gif

*On a side note, I should be getting my pack in from FedEx
grin.gif
Can't wait..
So you complaining bout resellers but whatever site you just bought them from are resellers too. Just cause they have a site to do their reselling doesn't make it any different. So you're supporting the biggest resellers that prolly take more packs away from the people you say can't afford to pay reseller prices than any individual reseller ever could. You sound a little hypocritical

Yes true. But the difference is I got mine today early and without the hassle and disappointment of not getting them for 50 bucks more than what retailcosts anyway. Are they reselling? Absolutely. But I'd rather do that and get my pack than buy from a guy who is willing to charge 400 and up after releasedate when they're sold out throughout the country. I mean I already saw a guy on Ebay 4 days ago independently selling his pack for $560. You got dudes onhere whose prime intent is to resell them as high as they can. So don't be surprised to see people selling for 400 and up starting Saturday because JBdidn't produce enough for the demand and the independent resellers know that.

I'm mainly referring to the people who come on here asking how many pairs a certain store is getting, just so they can buy out the stock from the stores atthe mall and post them on Ebay and through their own personal ads or websites. Trust me, it aint like none of those people are gonna cut their fellowNT'ers much slack and this will be after they released.

Originally Posted by jarambulo

I have a choice of either getting the pack or getting my car windows tinted!

any suggestions?

the packages will give you more joy...and look at it this way...there are two pairs of shoes in the package...twice as much joy. getting windows tintedjust seems blah to me. i'd go with the pack as well.

JB creates the reseller. Sending one size run to an entire store is ridiculous. Can people not see how little this company values your businesss? I think thatthings like this should make someone ponder why and if they should continue to support this company. What does JB have to gain by limiting retros? The generalconsumer loses. The resellers are opportunists if anything. BTW, the material on the lace area of the Xs is the same as the tounge on the xiii. Even thoughthey charge a premium price and limit them, they still cut the same corners. Pack is not worth the money, headache nor hassle imo. Good luck to those who wantthem though.

^^ Agreed, especially for a pack like this that seems to lack it muster. There is only going to be 3 packs that I will sell out to JB for: XI/XII, VII/XVI, andIV/XIX

Im heated that my store only had one of each size, but at least they came in... Now that these are out, would you hoop on NDS OG's or break out theretros??

Originally Posted by MJ2229

Now that these are out, would you hoop on NDS OG's or break out the retros??

i would hoop in the retros and casually wear the OG's every now and then off the court...to keep them nice.

I just pre-ordered my countdown package yesterday, at finishline. I'm not sure if they take phone orders though. The highest size they have available is12. I got the 13 yesterday, so with that said they only have 1 per each size, 8-12. Total price is going to be $330.91(tax already included).

Finishline
910-353-3831
Jacksonville Mall
Jacksonville, NC 28540

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

Originally Posted by jarambulo

I have a choice of either getting the pack or getting my car windows tinted!

any suggestions?

the packages will give you more joy...and look at it this way...there are two pairs of shoes in the package...twice as much joy. getting windows tinted just seems blah to me. i'd go with the pack as well.
You have a valid point! Thank you NTer's

I had the same problem, couldn't decide. I just bought a Chrysler 300 3 days ago, so i needed to get the windows tinted. $330.91(Countdown package +$180(Window tint). I took it out my rent money, so next paycheck im going to sacrafice. But i thought to myself, my taxes came in! Cha-CHING!

i would hoop in the retros and casually wear the OG's every now and then off the court...to keep them nice.
I think it's the other way around. Even if you have OG's of either model, they are NDS, meaning they've been worn. So why would you mess upa DS pair of retro X's or XIII's to ball in, when your OG's are already worn to begin with. If you keep your retros in good condition, they shouldbe rockable for years to come, OG's perhaps not. Just my opinion though.~

Total price is going to be $330.91(tax already included).

I BETTER HAVE THA BY FRIDAY TO TAKE TO MY HOOK UP

Originally Posted by mrhood84

Originally Posted by SneakerFee

does the gradeschool size come with the same box as the mens sizes.....answer please?

Yea they have the same box......I seen them yesterday when I was looking for mine

thank for the answer and yessssss! i get a box for a kid size. unlik the BMP.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ajwings23

2 mroe days and I wanna see how crazy how this get
same here... i would really like to see pics of people camping out, i miss looking at those pics. im gonna head out to niketown pretty early in themorning, ill take some pics... once again, goodluck to all ps- im super bummed our finishline closed, that used to by my main spot to pre-order kicks, this ismy first time having to wake up mad early since the grapes

I feel like these almost turned into the OLNL's, everyone was frantic, concerned that if your spot didn't get the DMP you were SOL. Turns out thatfortunately everyone will be able to get these. Which means everyones happy and resellers are stuck breaking even or close to it. I just hope it's thiseasy with all of the packs, though I know some packs will be chaos and had JB chosen different colors this pack would be more difficult aswell. Good luckeveryone

Got mines preordered at finishline pentagoncity(va).I had 2 step up a half size tho.(11.5)hope they won't be 2 big. Good luck guys and gals,this will be agood one

Originally Posted by mrhood84

does the gradeschool size come with the same box as the mens sizes.....answer please?

Yea they have the same box......I seen them yesterday when I was looking for mine

thank for the answer and yessssss! i get a box for a kid size. unlik the BMP.
pimp.gif

No prob....good luck
smokin.gif

Copped some today. The quality of the 10's are way better than the quality of the 13's. Quality wise, 2005 retro 13's > countdown 13's.

%#++ THE RESELLERS ON THESE PACKAGES RELEASING THIS YEAR
AND JB MAKING OUR "FAVORITES" LIMITED.
STUPID MARKETING DEPARTMENT.
NO LOVE FOR THE FANS......

I'm on the fence about getting these or waiting on the 2nd package. Do anyone think/know if the glue/suede on the 13's will bleed like on the retroflints and grey toes?

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

JB creates the reseller. Sending one size run to an entire store is ridiculous. Can people not see how little this company values your businesss? I think that things like this should make someone ponder why and if they should continue to support this company. What does JB have to gain by limiting retros? The general consumer loses. The resellers are opportunists if anything. BTW, the material on the lace area of the Xs is the same as the tounge on the xiii. Even though they charge a premium price and limit them, they still cut the same corners. Pack is not worth the money, headache nor hassle imo. Good luck to those who want them though.

I understand your point, but always look at these type of situations from points of view outside of yours also. When youhave a $300+ item in your inventory, you need to move it asap. People who really want the pack will have it by noon Saturday, with the end of the weekendbeing the latest depending on the area. For a business, that's cool; money in the bank. But the thing with this type of hype vs. demand shoe is that ifyou don't move them quick, they will sit around longer than any other shoe would.. It's one thing for someone to come a few weeks after the Aquas& see them on the shelf and cop because they like it. But a casual buyer isn't going to pay $330+ in one transaction and they won't forcethemselves to buy another shoe they don't want in order to get the one they do like.

That's how your #'s game becomes a game of chance. Produce a little more, more customers are happy and greaterprofits. Ship too many out & the hype machine doesn't continue to gain momentum, packs get purchased with discounts, etc. I don't really have aproblem with stores getting low numbers, given that every store has that 1 size run, but that wasn't the case. I understand why it was done though.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I think it's the other way around. Even if you have OG's of either model, they are NDS, meaning they've been worn. So why would you mess up a DS pair of retro X's or XIII's to ball in, when your OG's are already worn to begin with. If you keep your retros in good condition, they should be rockable for years to come, OG's perhaps not. Just my opinion though.~

airuphere23 has a point. i misread you, i thought you said deadstock og's. with me it would depend on how nice the og's are. if they are ingreat condition i wouldn't ball in them. if they aren't, then i would ball in them and keep the retros nice. so on my part, it would depend on thewear of the og's. afterall, og's are og's. keep them as nice as possible. anyway, that's my two cents.

These ain't even like how ya'll hyped it up to be.

They're everywhere. If a dead spot Modell's that hardly get's anything get's these then they're everywhere.

Once you see dudes moving em' for less than a $100 over retail then it's not on no DMP steez.

I just hope I can catch em' on FinishLine with the
pimp.gif
like I did with my two pairs of Playoff 8's.

I passed by a Modell's in the boondocks and seen the sign out in front, and they only get super, super GR Jordan's so I know I'm good money as longas I wake up on time.

Back
Top Bottom