Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

i passed on these i know i will get these under retail ina couple of months
happy.gif
laugh.gif
and id rather get them under retail cause they are not worthit for retail price
smh.gif

Originally Posted by heat23

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

mikeadog wrote:
Poofyo101 wrote:
^^idk people just hate for no reason? i understand why jd is mad but it was jus a bad situation that happened with fedex shipping

i can't believe anyone's paying those rape prices for stuff that's available at release date and online from legit JB/Nike dealers with all the discount codes & free shipping.

resellers gotta' be thankful for dumb people throwing away money.
First off, people had hell gettin thru to damn near every online retailer...hell, check back 20-30 pages...people panicking at Swoosh not being up, and Eastbay/FL/etc. sites crashing every 2 minutes. You made it sound like it was just as easy as logging on, and putting them in a cart.

I have a lot of people I deal with, who live in remote areas and their city is lucky to get 1 pair, let alone at all.

If people want to "throw their money away", let them...we have GOT to stop being so concerned about what others do with their money. If you're not giving it to them, don't worry about where and how they obtained their pack, or anything else for that matter.

As for reselling, like dude said...about $80 profit doesn't seem like much, but multiply that by 20 pairs, just for basically doing nothing. At all. Hell, I've got 2 kids, so whatever I can do to make an extra buck, please believe I will.

And Mike, Instead of you coming back with another comment, Thank Cam for not banning you for a certain word thats

prohibited on NKETLK. And edit your post my friend. I dont wanna see you banned.

cam cant ban hes a mod not an admin

I hope this isn't out of line but...

SneakerFee

You are beautiful...no disrespect to your man if you got one...I just wish my girl was into sneakers enuff to be on NT with me...much respect

Originally Posted by ekin423

I hope this isn't out of line but...

SneakerFee

You are beautiful...no disrespect to your man if you got one...I just wish my girl was into sneakers enuff to be on NT with me...much respect

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^awww thanx for the comment but no i have no man..... to fellow texas NT'erz...im taken apps right now.
wink.gif
LOL

just got my package, costed me like 360 cause of the shipping from hawaii, atleast i know i aint getting a fake like they're selling on ebay
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

who thinks that JB should of release the chicago x's inteads of the shadows??
BeatDeadHorse.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Dude that is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS JUST PLAIN STUPIDITY IMO FOR A PACKAGE TO BE LEFT ON SOMEONES PORCH AT 8 AM...WHEN NO ONE IS AT HOME...

That's why I really hate Fedex and DHL. Well at least DHL won't leave it. Don't they know people work???!!!!

Cameron Nelson wrote:

As for reselling, like dude said...about $80 profit doesn't seem like much, but multiply that by 20 pairs, just for basically doing nothing. At all. Hell, I've got 2 kids, so whatever I can do to make an extra buck, please believe I will.

i agree...why give every reseller a hard time for trying to make extra money..you dont know their situation..they could have kids, mortgage,car and alimony payments so any extra $ can help. i dont knock another mans hustle, atleast he/she isnt doing anything illegal

what does it matter how much money you put up, when you get it all back...Try investing your money through any traditional means and see how long it takes to make that, plus you pay fees and taxes on your profits...

also Not everyone has to pay tax, or retail for these bad boys, so add atleast $20 to your profit total and...
smokin.gif

exactly..i dont pay tax where i live, not only that, but at the least, i am getting my money back plus $20...if i have 20 pairs...thats $400 i made at aminimum and i got my money back.

people should do their homework before they speak(not talking about ekin, about people in general
happy.gif
) ....when you invest it is all about percents and not how much money you make

if you make $400 on the countdown pack, that is a 29% margin. Try getting that at a bank for your savings account, i guarantee that will NOT happen

Poofyo101:
if this was a problem you should of told me before and i would of gladly added it on.
How the heck are you going to ask someone to tell you BEFOREHAND what kind of problem they're going to have? That's about half ******ed.

"Hey, mom, I'm going to be getting in an accident tomorrow at about 1:46pm, so if you could call the insurance company today and let them knowbeforehand, that'd be great."
roll.gif

You need to hit 'reset' responding like that. "You should have told me before."
laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

I can't believe you seriously said that.
Cameron Nelson:
If people want to "throw their money away", let them...we have GOT to stop being so concerned about what others do with their money. If you're not giving it to them, don't worry about where and how they obtained their pack, or anything else for that matter.
Yeah, I disagree with that notion.

See, if I don't want this pack (and I don't), but resellers scoop all of them up and flip 'em for $800 each (which isn't happening, but this isa HYPOTHETICAL), then what's going to happen to the next pack that I do want?

Exactly. They're going to get jacked up just a little MORE, maybe $825, because all of the resellers know that they monopolized the market for those thatwere unable to get them on their own. And I'm in that group; I live in a remote region. So even though I don't want this pack, I hate that resellersare going to make it more difficult for me to get the ones I do want; or at least, I hate that resellers are going to make it more difficult for me to get thepacks I want at anything close to retail.

That's why almost everytime I get something that I think is limited, I get my 1 pair, and 3 or 4 pair to sell ATRETAIL, in the hopes that someone that was looking at giving 'retail + $50' or 'retail + $100' or 'retail + whatever' to a resellerwill instead get them at 'retail + shipping' (and that's IT) from me.

I've done that about 20 times since being on NikeTalk (I know that's not a ton, but I'm not doing it to make money [obviously]; I'm doing it tohelp out where I can, and I don't have the money to just help out like that on every damn release). And a FEW times, I charged the person the same asalways: the price I paid (retail) + shipping... and THEY ended up PayPalling ME more than that. They see I got 'em, I tell 'em $185 (for example), andthey end up PayPalling ME more than I asked, maybe $200 instead of the $185 I told them to send me.
smokin.gif

So yeah 'Don't worry about what resellers do because if you're not involved in the transaction' is true, but isn't the entire picture.

'Worry about resellers because they WILL affect you in the future when you have trouble getting something not readily available to you' IS a morecomplete picture.

And MAJOR PROPS to ooIRON MANoo for doing that on this Countdown Pack.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

we have GOT to stop being so concerned about what others do with their money. If you're not giving it to them, don't worry about where and how they obtained their pack, or anything else for that matter
Word, some cats on this forum reminds me of that neighbor everyone has thatnever minds their business.
smh.gif

What's with all the complaining about quality? I mean, seriously....what did you expect?! That this would be different? Please. Expect the SAME flaws, if not more, on the packs in the future as well. It shouldn't come as a shock.
Well, the DMP's cost less, and were/are alot better in quality. Why raise the price if xiii's arecreased outta the box?

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

who thinks that JB should of release the chicago x's inteads of the shadows??
BeatDeadHorse.gif
Now, THAT is hilarious!!
laugh.gif
First time I've actually laughed out loud in a while...
why is everybody sleeping on the shadows, man. well, i guess i can't say nothing because i was sleeping at first. i wore them to work today, and ihave to honestly say that i'm actually feeling them more than the 13's now. and the quality is good too. everybody has been saying they are crap, butthe 13's are the ones that are bad quality. wore my pair yesterday and they are creased all to hell because of that cheap leather. but yeah, thechicago's would have been real nice.

How did this countdown thread turn into a reseller bashing thread? Bottomline....resellers are doing what they gotta do. Like JORDAN23COLLECTA said, youdon't know their situation. Don't blame resellers for your lack of persistence. If you want them that bad you would do everything in your power tomake sure you're gonna get em. Let's take the Jordan XX3 release for example. Only 529 pairs to be released to the public. Those who are luckyenough to get their hands on em will more than likely keep them. Some may resell. Once they do, there's your chance to get em. Even with a hefty pricetag, it all comes down to how bad you want em. It is the resellers that are giving you the second opportunity to cop them. Yeah you may have to pay extra,BUT, that may be your only option available. Pay up for the convenience and kill the heartache. If you're really true to your collection and the fact ofhaving the shoes up in the mix should be absolutely priceless!!! CAN'T KNOCK THE HUSTLE!!!

that's decent 23ska909red02, looking outfor your fellow bro, ive called nearly every niketown in the U.S., noted down the sizes even if they didn't have mine and posted it on here for the otherpeeps, i know in the long run, y'all will probably help me out one day too.

Originally Posted by Jays4Day23

you not really making much profit by reselling these. Shoes come up to about 330 with tax. Now if you sell them on Ebay and get 400 + shipping thats about 420-440 but deduct Paypal fees & Ebay fees you make around $80-90 profit... any profit is good profit but not much marginal gain for the amount of money that was spent.
most people have to go to some job they don't even like all day to earn $80-$90 a day...being able to make that times how many packs just for spending one day findeing them and I said the profit is hardly marginal...what does it matter how much money you put up, when you get it all back...Try investing your money through any traditional means and see how long it takes to make that, plus you pay fees and taxes on your profits...

also Not everyone has to pay tax, or retail for these bad boys, so add atleast $20 to your profit total and...
smokin.gif

It always baffles me when people try to rationalize what resellers do...they must just love 9-5's
roll.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself! People hating on resellers, are just plain stupid acting like that don't want extra money in there pockets. Yeah, so what if they bought all the pairs if you really wanted them you would have been up just as early as them. Yeah, theirs been times I have had to pay reseller prices but hey if I really want the shoe I'm gonna spend the extra 50 or 60 dollars. Oh yeah, to all the people complaining about the quality of the pack if they are so bad and you can't help but complain like a chick then just return them.................................................................. Yeah, I thought so!

i agree. profit is profit and $80-90 ain't half bad, and for what. all you would have to do is go get the shoes and maybe stand in line for a while.most people don't even make $80 a day. that would be $10/hour. average income in u.s. is like $7-7.50. average household income(household is the key word)is like $32,000/year(feel free to check my facts). and that's combined income from husband and wife. so lets say you get 5 packs and resell all and make$80 profit each. that's $400 you made in one day. now how many people do you know that make $400 a day. not many if average yearly salary is so low.

i don't disagree with reselling, but it's kind of hard coming across the sneaker you want and it being jacked up $200 more than you saw it pricedfor, especially if you put that money down and work just enough to pay bills, i think all sneakers should be lowered in price to accomadate the less wealthypeeps, im lucky, i can afford this *+*+, i feel bad as hell when i see peeps say they don't have the money but really wanted that sneaker.

JunkyItchin247:
Don't blame resellers for your lack of persistence. If you want them that bad you would do everything in your power to make sure you're gonna get em
Ummm... yeah, I've heard that before. And it's ******ed, too.

Say a release is at 900am.

A reseller wakes up at 9:15, hits his spot up at around 10, and they have plenty. He buys everything that's left, like 9 pair.

Some dude in freaking Nowhereland, Idaho has absolutely no pairs around him closer than 300 miles, and THAT place only got 4 pairs.

In order for him to get them at retail, he has to travel SIX... HUNDRED... MILES, and either get there when they open OR decide to campout.

But Mr. Reseller just slept in, copped everything that was left, and went back to bed.

But you're telling me the dude in Idaho is the one with a lack of persistence?

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Not quite, man.

And yeah, I can knock the hustle of anyone taking advantage of someone else. I didn't want this pack, but if I did, a reseller would have TAKEN ADVANTAGEof the fact that there aren't any pairs around me. Anytime your hustle is taking advantage of someone, it's shady, heartless, and greedy.

But it's all 'Hooray, capitalism!', right?

ohwell.gif

I prefer to earn my dollar legitimately; forget a damn hustle. And yes, I'm married with a family. I don't need money enough to take advantage ofanyone, though... and I never will.

Originally Posted by versache530

you not really making much profit by reselling these. Shoes come up to about 330 with tax. Now if you sell them on Ebay and get 400 + shipping thats about 420-440 but deduct Paypal fees & Ebay fees you make around $80-90 profit... any profit is good profit but not much marginal gain for the amount of money that was spent.
most people have to go to some job they don't even like all day to earn $80-$90 a day...being able to make that times how many packs just for spending one day findeing them and I said the profit is hardly marginal...what does it matter how much money you put up, when you get it all back...Try investing your money through any traditional means and see how long it takes to make that, plus you pay fees and taxes on your profits...

smokin.gif

It always baffles me when people try to rationalize what resellers do...they must just love 9-5's
roll.gif

Couldn't have said it better myself! People hating on resellers, are just plain stupid acting like that don't want extra money in there pockets. Yeah, so what if they bought all the pairs if you really wanted them you would have been up just as early as them. Yeah, theirs been times I have had to pay reseller prices but hey if I really want the shoe I'm gonna spend the extra 50 or 60 dollars. Oh yeah, to all the people complaining about the quality of the pack if they are so bad and you can't help but complain like a chick then just return them.................................................................. Yeah, I thought so!

i agree. profit is profit and $80-90 ain't half bad, and for what. all you would have to do is go get the shoes and maybe stand in line for a while. most people don't even make $80 a day. that would be $10/hour. average income in u.s. is like $7-7.50. average household income(household is the key word) is like $32,000/year(feel free to check my facts). and that's combined income from husband and wife. so lets say you get 5 packs and resell all and make $80 profit each. that's $400 you made in one day. now how many people do you know that make $400 a day. not many if average yearly salary is so low.

damn i didnt realize the u.s. household average wage is $ 7.00-7.50.that suxcks........they need to move to Texas 13.50/hr to answer a damn phone!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Poofyo101:
if this was a problem you should of told me before and i would of gladly added it on.
How the heck are you going to ask someone to tell you BEFOREHAND what kind of problem they're going to have? That's about half ******ed.

"Hey, mom, I'm going to be getting in an accident tomorrow at about 1:46pm, so if you could call the insurance company today and let them know beforehand, that'd be great."
roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Cameron Nelson:

See, if I don't want this pack (and I don't), but resellers scoop all of them up and flip 'em for $800 each (which isn't happening, but this is a HYPOTHETICAL), then what's going to happen to the next pack that I do want?

Exactly. They're going to get jacked up just a little MORE, maybe $825, because all of the resellers know that they monopolized the market for those that were unable to get them on their own. And I'm in that group; I live in a remote region. So even though I don't want this pack, I hate that resellers are going to make it more difficult for me to get the ones I do want; or at least, I hate that resellers are going to make it more difficult for me to get the packs I want at anything close to retail.

That's why almost everytime I get something that I think is limited, I get my 1 pair, and 3 or 4 pair to sell AT RETAIL, in the hopes that someone that was looking at giving 'retail + $50' or 'retail + $100' or 'retail + whatever' to a reseller will instead get them at 'retail + shipping' (and that's IT) from me.

I've done that about 20 times since being on NikeTalk (I know that's not a ton, but I'm not doing it to make money [obviously]; I'm doing it to help out where I can, and I don't have the money to just help out like that on every damn release). And a FEW times, I charged the person the same as always: the price I paid (retail) + shipping... and THEY ended up PayPalling ME more than that. They see I got 'em, I tell 'em $185 (for example), and they end up PayPalling ME more than I asked, maybe $200 instead of the $185 I told them to send me.
smokin.gif

So yeah 'Don't worry about what resellers do because if you're not involved in the transaction' is true, but isn't the entire picture.

'Worry about resellers because they WILL affect you in the future when you have trouble getting something not readily available to you' IS a more complete picture.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i feel where you are coming from and all, but this is america. this country was built on commerce. its business. that's just like you getting madat the stores for not charging you what they pay for the shoes. i'm sure they didn't pay $310/pair for them. they are making a profit. so why get madat a reseller for making a profit too? i live in knoxville TN and belive me, we don't get many hot releases either. i am so envious of places like nyc thatget everything and there are a million shops to cop from too. all the exclusive boutiques and stuff, but that's not where i live. i live in"hickville", and sometimes i gotta pay resellers too. that's just how it goes. its cool what you do for others when you cop extra pairs and sellfor retail, but it's not fair to knock a resellers hustle.

Originally Posted by SneakerFee

Originally Posted by versache530

smokin.gif

roll.gif

i agree. profit is profit and $80-90 ain't half bad, and for what. all you would have to do is go get the shoes and maybe stand in line for a while. most people don't even make $80 a day. that would be $10/hour. average income in u.s. is like $7-7.50. average household income(household is the key word) is like $32,000/year(feel free to check my facts). and that's combined income from husband and wife. so lets say you get 5 packs and resell all and make $80 profit each. that's $400 you made in one day. now how many people do you know that make $400 a day. not many if average yearly salary is so low.

damn i didnt realize the u.s. household average wage is $ 7.00-7.50.that suxcks........they need to move to Texas 13.50/hr to answer a damn phone!

that's for unskilled labor, the $7. if you have a trade or a degree, i'm sure you make more, but look at the % of unskilled labor workers vs.the % of skilled labor workers and people with degrees.

stores have a limit on their prices, you won't see this package on any top name sports site priced at 500+, on top of that, the stores cater to theconsumer and purchase from the sneaker brands to sell to the consumer, resellers purchase the sneakers knowing dayum well some other guy probably will come in10 minutes after and they'll be sold out, making mr smith go to extreme measures to cop the sneaker from some scrooge

Originally Posted by The7onius

stores have a limit on their prices, you won't see this package on any top name sports site priced at 500+, on top of that, the stores cater to the consumer and purchase from the sneaker brands to sell to the consumer, resellers purchase the sneakers knowing dayum well some other guy probably will come in 10 minutes after and they'll be sold out, making mr smith going to extreme measures to cop the sneaker from some scrooge

the reseller caters to the customer too. unfortunate customers. tell JB not to make it so limited and you wouldn't have this problem. you wanna blamethe reseller, but how bout JB???
or better yet, how about you getting up early or staying up late and copping online?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Poofyo101:

"Hey, mom, I'm going to be getting in an accident tomorrow at about 1:46pm, so if you could call the insurance company today and let them know beforehand, that'd be great."
roll.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif

Cameron Nelson:

See, if I don't want this pack (and I don't), but resellers scoop all of them up and flip 'em for $800 each (which isn't happening, but this is a HYPOTHETICAL), then what's going to happen to the next pack that I do want?

Exactly. They're going to get jacked up just a little MORE, maybe $825, because all of the resellers know that they monopolized the market for those that were unable to get them on their own. And I'm in that group; I live in a remote region. So even though I don't want this pack, I hate that resellers are going to make it more difficult for me to get the ones I do want; or at least, I hate that resellers are going to make it more difficult for me to get the packs I want at anything close to retail.

That's why almost everytime I get something that I think is limited, I get my 1 pair, and 3 or 4 pair to sell AT RETAIL, in the hopes that someone that was looking at giving 'retail + $50' or 'retail + $100' or 'retail + whatever' to a reseller will instead get them at 'retail + shipping' (and that's IT) from me.

I've done that about 20 times since being on NikeTalk (I know that's not a ton, but I'm not doing it to make money [obviously]; I'm doing it to help out where I can, and I don't have the money to just help out like that on every damn release). And a FEW times, I charged the person the same as always: the price I paid (retail) + shipping... and THEY ended up PayPalling ME more than that. They see I got 'em, I tell 'em $185 (for example), and they end up PayPalling ME more than I asked, maybe $200 instead of the $185 I told them to send me.
smokin.gif

'Worry about resellers because they WILL affect you in the future when you have trouble getting something not readily available to you' IS a more complete picture.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Life has ALWAYS been about "supply and demand"...

Always.

I'm in Indianapolis, and there's been TONS of shoes I've wanted , where I've been at the mercy of a reseller. But, I don't trip...9/10, Iknow what I'm getting into, and if I want the shoes THAT bad, then I'm not trippin over the price. That's just me, though...

As a reseller, I'm not greedy at all....people who have bought from me can attest to that. Contrary to what others may say, I provide a service for thosewho missed out, overslept, live in the boonies, or couldn't get thru to Eastbay. Hell, 3/4 of the collections on here are built off "resellers".

Now, I'll cut somebody a deal all day long...but, I'm not doing anything for free, esp.on here, just because there's SO many people who won'treturn the favor. If we took it back to the "old days", then maybe I wouldn't be like that, but hey...

I earn my money legitimately as well...I work for AT&T, but why spend money out of my paycheck, when I make it in other ways? As long as something isworth reselling, I'll always do it. It's extra money for me and my family. Like I said, I've got 2 children...day care isn't cheap, neither isdiapers, clothers, etc...so, yeah...when an opportunity presents itself to make a few extra thousand, I'd be an idiot not to jump on it. I don't put agun to anybody's head and tell them to purchase from me...if my price is "fair" and they like my service, then we're BOTH happy.

stay up late or getting up early doesn't always work, i stayed up till 6am trying to cop this package, when they came onto the site they was already soldout in my size, lucky individuals got to cop them from swoosh, i was tired to the point where i couldn't just go to the mall, i slept for a couple hoursand when i called the stores around me, they was sold out.
then i looked on ebay, there was peeps selling the same 310 sneaker for 399 starting bid, buying them on saturday and reselling them for 100+ more on the sameday seems a little brutal to me, if they catered to the consumer, they would put a reasonable amount of profit on top. think about it, they obviously havemoney to buy 6 pairs of sneakers, then you got some other joe who can only afford what the regular price was and that's with them sacrificing. i see itfrom both points, but just cause you can do it, don't make it right

Back
Top Bottom